Jump to content Jump to content

I'm done with this game

22 hours ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

This sounds more Canadian than British to me... I should know, I am a Canadian myself eh? sorry... ūü§£

By the way, do you also have issues with our wonderful internet? (I assume you are Canadian).

Sorry if that was hard to figure out eh?  Seems like you got it. lol

I have no issues with internet where I live.  I've got fibreoptics in my neighborhood.  I'm only at a 100Mbps connection, my ISP can get me higher but I just dont need it.   Now where I grew up about a 20 minute drive away...  best they can do is that rural wireless junk that seems to go out with the weather. lol  my folks still live in the house I grew up in and they were actually just able to upgrade to 25Mbps, so not bad for being in the middle of nowhere.  They can't even get DSL their phone lines are so ****!

I’m sorry I overreacted about it I forgot that people have a right to their own opinions and I will respect them and not complain about them from here on out

Edited by GoSuarez99
I’m sorry
  • Disagree 4
On 10/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

I’m just going to say NOTHING IS PERFECT AND BE HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE A GAME FOR THE F1 2021 SEASON BECAUSE CODEMASTERS EASILY COULD HAVE DECIDED TO NOT MAKE IT. EA COULD HAVE DECIDED TO SHUT DOWN CODEMASTERS AND THEN THERE WOULDN’T BE A F1 2021 GAME FOR YOU TO PLAY. I personally enjoy this game and if you wanna know why, it’s because I’m an F1 fan and a player of video games. I preordered this game and I have not regretted that decision ONCE. If you are going to complain, apply for a job at Codemasters and fix it yourself

F1 2021 was already in full development/nearly done IIRC when EA bought CM. If anything if EA wanted to kill off making F1 games (which is financial suicide if you ask me) 2021 would be the last release we get. 

F1 2021 has been the worst release I've played and I've been playing since F1 2010 with at least 150/200 hours of gameplay in each. If people want to voice their opinions on how bad the game is, who are you to say otherwise? We, as gamers, have the right to voice our opinion and make our voice heard, WE are the ones that can make or break the Devs to an extent. The Devs/Publishers would not exist without us, it's as simple as that. Influencers like aarava and tiametmarduk aren't going to turn around and paint the game in a negative light are they as F1 games are a source of their income? 

I'd go as far to say that majority of people that post issues on this forum or even post here in general are F1/Motosport fans and more than a casual gamer, as the casual wouldn't bother and just move on to something else or having something better to do with their time.  

We didn't spend our hard earned to be beta testers or to be CM's QA/QC department, for some, games can be an expensive hobby and they can't afford to buy a lot of games, so why should they be happy with a product that they chose, that is clearly is not fit for purpose. We shouldn't have to fill out bug reports and provide video after video, screenshot after screenshot of issues when the bug report should suffice. We don't get paid for this, this is CM's job and as far as the Xbox is concerned, it's appalling how the game was released and proves someone at QA/QC didn't do their job properly. Case in point, since release V1.0.x it's taken up to V1.10 for us Xbox players to be able to play Braking Point/Watch Cutscenes/Watch Highlights/Watch Replays without the game crashing every time which is absolutely appalling. CM haven't even given any form of apology with is pathetic. 

People like you, are the reason why Devs release games in these states which is completely unacceptable. 

One thing is for certain. EA/CM will NOT be getting any of my money on Day One of F1 2022. It'll be a bargain bin buy from now on much like all other EA games. 

This thread below is absolutely bang on the money. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 6

As a long time FIFA player, all I can say is that as EA now run the show, we are all basically ****** and can kiss goodbye to every seeing a half decent F1 game ever again from 'codies'.

Will no doubt be many more micro-transaction opportunities coming soon though, so good news on that front.

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

F1 2021 was already in full development/nearly done IIRC when EA bought CM. If anything if EA wanted to kill off making F1 games (which is financial suicide if you ask me) 2021 would be the last release we get. 

F1 2021 has been the worst release I've played and I've been playing since F1 2010 with at least 150/200 hours of gameplay in each. If people want to voice their opinions on how bad the game is, who are you to say otherwise? We, as gamers, have the right to voice our opinion and make our voice heard, WE are the ones that can make or break the Devs to an extent. The Devs/Publishers would not exist without us, it's as simple as that. Influencers like aarava and tiametmarduk aren't going to turn around and paint the game in a negative light are they as F1 games are a source of their income? 

I'd go as far to say that majority of people that post issues on this forum or even post here in general are F1/Motosport fans and more than a casual gamer, as the casual wouldn't bother and just move on to something else or having something better to do with their time.  

We didn't spend our hard earned to be beta testers or to be CM's QA/QC department, for some, games can be an expensive hobby and they can't afford to buy a lot of games, so why should they be happy with a product that they chose, that is clearly is not fit for purpose. We shouldn't have to fill out bug reports and provide video after video, screenshot after screenshot of issues when the bug report should suffice. We don't get paid for this, this is CM's job and as far as the Xbox is concerned, it's appalling how the game was released and proves someone at QA/QC didn't do their job properly. Case in point, since release V1.0.x it's taken up to V1.10 for us Xbox players to be able to play Braking Point/Watch Cutscenes/Watch Highlights/Watch Replays without the game crashing every time which is absolutely appalling. CM haven't even given any form of apology with is pathetic. 

People like you, are the reason why Devs release games in these states which is completely unacceptable. 

One thing is for certain. EA/CM will NOT be getting any of my money on Day One of F1 2022. It'll be a bargain bin buy from now on much like all other EA games. 

Well said mate, spot on on every point¬†ūüĎć

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Ok I’m not saying that you don’t have the right to complain, I was just getting tired of people complaining about a game when the point of it is to have fun and have a good time 

4 hours ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Ok I’m not saying that you don’t have the right to complain, I was just getting tired of people complaining about a game when the point of it is to have fun and have a good time 

In all honesty it's alright to have fun on the game. Single player is alright however it's hard to like a game that asks you to pay full price for a triple AAA title on release only to wait four weeks for a patch and much longer for circuits. Not forgetting about constant online issues such as disconnects, overheating consoles, corrupt save games, making up the minds up on the 3D audio on the Playstation 5 etc. F1 Games are enjoyable at times I loved the games on xbox 360 but there is a running trend from game to game since F1 2015 of general dissatisfaction of codemasters in-ability of quality control before releasing it to the public. They need more people at the mill and then the jobs they have might get done in time.        

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, tommyboyo said:

As a long time FIFA player, all I can say is that as EA now run the show, we are all basically ****** and can kiss goodbye to every seeing a half decent F1 game ever again from 'codies'.

Will no doubt be many more micro-transaction opportunities coming soon though, so good news on that front.

I agree in general.   Havnt bought new fifa yet... will wait until Feb when all transfers and player updates and bugs are sorted oh and half price. 

It does seem fifa are addressing career mode for first time in years and also stole myteam from codies 

but will say after every patch atleast fifa thank end users for their help. Standard message after every update but it’s nice they acknowledge end users bug report 

Edited by ScaredDuck
On 10/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

Mate, the game barely works as it's intended to. What do you expect? People to be happy and stay quiet and just live with it? CDPR were held to account with CP2077, why shouldn't CM be held to account with F1 2021?

Apologists like you are the reason why devs get lazy and get away with putting out unfinished games. It's completely unacceptable for a AAA game at full price, with no apology, acknowledgement or good will from the devs. BarryBL is the exception here. 

If you're getting tired of seeing the complaints, stay off this forum for a start and stay in your little bubble where you seem quite happy to accept shoddy releases. 

With EA now owning CM, F1 2022 won't be any better. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, tommyboyo said:

I said exactly this too and got laughed it. I'm glad to see that people are coming around to the idea and agreeing too. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 2

There has been a few surveys done asking if fifa is so bad as people say how come it’s the biggest selling game....  After they analysed the results they concluded... Football is the biggest sport in the world passionately followed by millions off supporters who want to be able to play a football game which features their footballing  hero’s and the clubs they support... The only way they can do that is by playing Fifa..   and the vast majority off people decide Even though it’s far from great it’s the best and only option

Like democracy... its not great, nothing ever gets done, but it‚Äôs the best we‚Äôve got.... although¬†absolute monarchy would be best if we could genetically engineer perfect heirsūüėĀ

On 10/9/2021 at 4:22 AM, ScaredDuck said:

I agree in general.   Havnt bought new fifa yet... will wait until Feb when all transfers and player updates and bugs are sorted oh and half price. 

It does seem fifa are addressing career mode for first time in years and also stole myteam from codies 

but will say after every patch atleast fifa thank end users for their help. Standard message after every update but it’s nice they acknowledge end users bug report 

I deleted my FUT team and the game yesterday.

The earliest I ever have.  Thankfully I do not buy FP, as I know the drill by now, but just totally fed up with the absolute exploitation, coupled with total lack of innovation and continually releasing a broken game, with zero tangible improvements.  

You would think that the graphics for next gen would at least be jaw-dropping right?  Wrong, they look like a PS2 game.  Embarassing.

2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

There has been a few surveys done asking if fifa is so bad as people say how come it’s the biggest selling game....  After they analysed the results they concluded... Football is the biggest sport in the world passionately followed by millions off supporters who want to be able to play a football game which features their footballing  hero’s and the clubs they support... The only way they can do that is by playing Fifa..   and the vast majority off people decide Even though it’s far from great it’s the best and only option

Like democracy... its not great, nothing ever gets done, but it‚Äôs the best we‚Äôve got.... although¬†absolute monarchy would be best if we could genetically engineer perfect heirsūüėĀ

A lot of the players that I know moved away from Fifa and towards PES but have you seen the latest release of PES? It's a joke! 

The issue is, if one company holds the license to a certain area of sports games, they get complacent because there isn't much competition. When PES started to get some licensing, I recall EA and FIFA had to "up their game" to get some of their gamers back. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Just now, Sonic6L said:

A lot of the players that I know moved away from Fifa and towards PES but have you seen the latest release of PES? It's a joke! 

They'll obviously be quick with the patches for it cos wow, though I was winning a few which I can't say about PES online lmao. 

But yeah honestly, they took a year out with a roster update budget release, for this? Madness. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I’m just happy that we have a game to race with Kimi at Portimao or, when it comes out, Fernando at Imola, you know?

• Disagree 1
9 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

They'll obviously be quick with the patches for it cos wow, though I was winning a few which I can't say about PES online lmao. 

But yeah honestly, they took a year out with a roster update budget release, for this? Madness. 

Just gonna leave this here. eFootball ladies and gentlemen. Worst rated game on steam for a reason!: 

medium_2021-10-01-1f8b04acd8.jpg

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, tommyboyo said:

I deleted my FUT team and the game yesterday.

The earliest I ever have.  Thankfully I do not buy FP, as I know the drill by now, but just totally fed up with the absolute exploitation, coupled with total lack of innovation and continually releasing a broken game, with zero tangible improvements.  

You would think that the graphics for next gen would at least be jaw-dropping right?  Wrong, they look like a PS2 game.  Embarassing.

I never played fut... as you say it’s sole purpose seems to be exploitation... I read about a kid and who asked his dad if he could buy a some stuff... dad didn’t blink. Let his son use his credit card.  Dad Got next months bill and found his son had spent £6000 on fut items.   Dad firstly knew ea was a huge developer and trusted them and honestly thought worst ways If his son bought everything it be no more than £20.  Ea did refund the money.   But it’s crazy cause they give you the option to pay for better players... so people do thinking it will benefit their team but as far as I’m aware FUT matches like career matches are heavily scripted.   It’s laughable you know if the opposition keeper makes a couple off amazing early saves doesn’t matter if your Man City or Liverpool and your playing a team off toddlers unless you get a last minute goal your not winning that match.

industry standard:.. don’t worry about releasing a game that’s full off bugs the end users will find them and report them and then they fix them... saves fortunes not having to do testing themselves.

ok suckers fell for that what next how about loot boxes but never hand out the good stuff everyone wants for a couple off seasons so people will keep buying them...

wow they fell for it once what else

ahh instead off just having 10-20 levels for players to level up..: let’s increase to 100 and make each level take ages to get:.. but offer the user the opportunity to pay to win... hmmm surely they wouldn’t fall for that.   Would they.  I was playing console games on Atari so grown up with gaming and although I love gaming corporate developers disgust me. 

Developers have writers block on what game to bring out next... hang on how about just rinse last game and make it look more shiny add some different skins and call it number 2 then 3 then 4 or how about releasing one ever year and use the year as the game title.  Easy saved loads more not having to hire a fancy marketing firm.

once upon a time a game came out called toca it was awesome... no bugs no patches no updates and I played it to death on my ps1 and I saw a British developer called codemasters released it and then they followed up with race driver and that was even better...  bought any game released by codemasters on the strength off those two games and when I saw they got the f1 license I was made up:.  But not one off their f1 games has came close to be as good as toca and not only that the best F1 game is still f1 championship edition that was released same time as ps3.  Although I do enjoy myteam lots

Id like to buy a game when I can put the disk in and install the game and not have to worry about it crashing at some point and not having to download patches the same size as the original game date...

old man moan over...   

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I never played fut... as you say it’s sole purpose seems to be exploitation... I read about a kid and who asked his dad if he could buy a some stuff... dad didn’t blink. Let his son use his credit card.  Dad Got next months bill and found his son had spent £6000 on fut items.   Dad firstly knew ea was a huge developer and trusted them and honestly thought worst ways If his son bought everything it be no more than £20.  Ea did refund the money.  

I remember reading about this. Wasn't this around the same time loot boxes were going through the courts to see if they can be deemed illegal and a form of gambling? I know in certain countries, lootboxes are illegal. 

TOCA 2 was epic, along with the BTCC itself in the 90s. The game made by CM but they've since lost the BTCC license to Motorsport Games. The team behind Nascar Heat series of games. Heat is an okay game, captures the intensity of driving in a pack and jostling for position but not great IMO, as a new comer, it's worth it, especially with it being available for cheap on eBay. I paid circa £10 for ultimate edition. Motorsport Games have bought the studio behind rFactor2 and supposedly the rFactor2 team are having a big influence on the BTCC game and the same engine is being used for the BTCC game. There was supposed to be an update as to where Motorsport Games are with progress in July/August, but nothing came about. The game is due for release in 2022. 

Motorsport Games are saying all the right things in regards to the BTCC game, i.e. official teams, official cars, official support series, official commentators, official drivers, MyTeam, classic cars, but it's early days still IMO and the radio silence from them isn't good IMO! 

Edited by Sonic6L
5 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

I remember reading about this. Wasn't this around the same time loot boxes were going through the courts to see if they can be deemed illegal and a form of gambling? I know in certain countries, lootboxes are illegal. 

I’m not sure if they were made illegal... I know trading standards report said it’s a form gambling.  Not sure if developers stopped  before they were forced to:

shadow of war had loot boxes.  But I think warner off their own back decided to stop and apologised well before it became talked about on any news channel.. maybe they were tipped off in advance 

12 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Wait, lootboxes are illegal in some countries?!?!

2 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Wait, lootboxes are illegal in some countries?!?!

Yes, in Belgium and The Netherlands. Brazilian justice system is in talks to ban them and deem them illegal too. 

Controversial in the UK, US, Australia, Germany, Canada, off the top of my head, but probably other European countries (at least) too. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1