Jump to content Jump to content

Engine damage no longer works by itself


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • A detailed description of the issue. - Jeff tells me there is a problem with the engine, but then says in the same sentence that fortunately the problem has been fixed and every time
  • Report Code /
  • Platform? -PC 
  • Game-mode? -career mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. /
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? /
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - you can't really do anything I think
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. NO
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - In the race, Jeff says that there is a problem with the engine but then immediately says as I said, the problem was fortunately resolved all of a sudden. I'm now in race 11 and before the patch I always had at least one engine problem where I had to end the race
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, GamerDH said:
  • A detailed description of the issue. - Jeff tells me there is a problem with the engine, but then says in the same sentence that fortunately the problem has been fixed and every time
  • Report Code /
  • Platform? -PC 
  • Game-mode? -career mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. /
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? /
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - you can't really do anything I think
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. NO
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - In the race, Jeff says that there is a problem with the engine but then immediately says as I said, the problem was fortunately resolved all of a sudden. I'm now in race 11 and before the patch I always had at least one engine problem where I had to end the race

Have you changed your engine parts? A short video of this would be really helpful here. Adding in your engine wear too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Have you changed your engine parts? A short video of this would be really helpful here. Adding in your engine wear too.

I mean that as a player you get a defect, I have set the settings correctly, but suddenly I don't get a defect myself that was already before

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

I mean that as a player you get a defect, I have set the settings correctly, but suddenly I don't get a defect myself that was already before

Hi Gamer,

Struggling to understand your feedback here. 

Can you add a video showing your example here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Gamer,

Struggling to understand your feedback here. 

Can you add a video showing your example here.

I don't have a video because I just don't record while playing.

what do you do not understand? this year there is the innovation that you can be eliminated from the races with a defect. Only that is now bugged and no longer occurs.

I always have to translate with a translator because I don't speak English very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, GamerDH said:

I don't have a video because I just don't record while playing.

what do you do not understand? this year there is the innovation that you can be eliminated from the races with a defect. Only that is now bugged and no longer occurs.

I always have to translate with a translator because I don't speak English very well.

Do you have the facility to provide your video. 

I think im with you. So in your career mode, you set the 'car failures' facility to 'On', and it never happens. What is your engine wear? I'm sure if it was 100%, it would fail. Also, did you select it to be on when you set up the career. Adding some screenshots of your settings and your engine wear will help here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Do you have the facility to provide your video. 

I think im with you. So in your career mode, you set the 'car failures' facility to 'On', and it never happens. What is your engine wear? I'm sure if it was 100%, it would fail. Also, did you select it to be on when you set up the career. Adding some screenshots of your settings and your engine wear will help here.

yes had everything on. what do you need the engine for? I've had careers in which I lost the first race due to a defect

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

yes had everything on. what do you need the engine for? I've had careers in which I lost the first race due to a defect

Just as a example. Will need proof there is a issue so I can send to the developers for replication. Videos, screenshots and savegames will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Just as a example. Will need proof there is a issue so I can send to the developers for replication. Videos, screenshots and savegames will help.

ah ok, i can try to record the next race but i come from germany jeff speaks german to me

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Just now, GamerDH said:

ah ok, i can try to record the next race but i come from germany jeff speaks german to me

Adding English subtitles from in-game would help my cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GamerDH said:

ah ok, i can try to record the next race but i come from germany jeff speaks german to me

Tell him to say things louder when he speaks that's how English people translate English to Foreigners I don't know if it works with the German language but it may be worth a try.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Just as a example. Will need proof there is a issue so I can send to the developers for replication. Videos, screenshots and savegames will help.

How can I send you my savegame? maybe it would be easier that way

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GamerDH said:

How can I send you my savegame? maybe it would be easier that way

Most modern graphics cards have built in recording features. Only really old cards or integrated GPUs from Intel don’t.

You can post (or stream) to video hosting sites like YouTube. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

 

But a video would really help here, and would help the developers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

 

But a video would really help here, and would help the developers.

I am currently recording on the race but until now Jeff said nothing about the engine problem

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...