Jump to content Jump to content

Grid Mode - is not working well

That is interesting.  I'm at level 4 with the TR chassis, 40 R&D, and 1197 PI, and I don't see the same issue.  The bots are fast off the line and I may lose a place or two in the run down to Turn 1, but after that we're about equal and I pass them if I hit a corner perfectly, with DRS, or in places in which they brake unnecessarily (for example, Turn 2 in France).  Now, if I make a mistake in a corner and am late getting back on the throttle, then the bots will pass me (even the Haas).  Overall, they are ultracompetitive, which is a big improvement from before the update.   

On 9/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, Fede x Argentina said:

Hey,

I'm not playing Grid Mode after the last update, because no matter how fast you are, is not possible defet the virtual cars.

There are something wrong in this mode.

Fede4Argentina

same here, i'm no novice to F1 MBR but i get murdered at Mexico grid start, 6th to last by turn 1, since update i STILL have not hit 200mph yet or 8th gear, before update it was simple understanding how to improve different areas of setups but this new system is ****, why do it only allow you 2 or 3 boxes to upgrade 1 area? why not let us put whatever parts we want in the boxes like before? i use a Merc which has 2 aero boxes but my red bull has only 1 aero box, how are we meant to get good top speeds? - it feels like the game has restricted us from beating their AI

On 10/2/2021 at 2:38 PM, LateApexDW said:

That is interesting.  I'm at level 4 with the TR chassis, 40 R&D, and 1197 PI, and I don't see the same issue.  The bots are fast off the line and I may lose a place or two in the run down to Turn 1, but after that we're about equal and I pass them if I hit a corner perfectly, with DRS, or in places in which they brake unnecessarily (for example, Turn 2 in France).  Now, if I make a mistake in a corner and am late getting back on the throttle, then the bots will pass me (even the Haas).  Overall, they are ultracompetitive, which is a big improvement from before the update.   

i have 40 pts too but my best setup i can get with my TR car is around 1200 pi max but it feels like a bus compared to my Mercedes 1600 pi, official cars are way quicker and with 40 pts have a way higher pi. another trick to get you to spend your cash and buy a car - not the one you get free

i have a Red Bull with 52 rd points, 1739 total score.

I am in league 1 at the max. Still no improvement. perfect start, impossible to beat the AI. Low brakes as well.

It seems that the AI is going 380km/h from the start...

@Codemasters people, please fix the game ! it's unplayable in grid mode. (or even sprint)

Also the AI is way TOO agressive. I DNF often cause of an AI making me spin or an AI breaking too early and i crash.