Jump to content Jump to content

Not even a well done ....


Recommended Posts

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been that way for some time. 

I suspect they honestly believe their customers don’t have the required attention span to make it through 10 seasons…. 

Nevermind that though - how good is having a linear story mode with SFA replay value??! 🤦🏽‍♂️
 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUMl48WUlL1rlVUEO2Z0Q

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

You know i only ever play my team and I’ve started tons off new careers but I’ve only managed to get to season 5 before I get bored.  When all the new tracks  are released and assuming more off the game works I’ll stick with it...  but at the moment I like starting new careers so I can try every variation from pre season interview

WELL DONE ON FINISHING TEN SEASONS OFF MY TEAM... YOUR NAME WILL BE UP THEIR AS ONE OFF THE GREATS ALONGSIDE HAMILTON, NORRIS, SENNA and SCHUMACHER.  AND LONG MAY YOUR TEAM BE AS SUCCESSFUL AS IT WAS WHEN YOU WAS DRIVING..

not to mention the biggest congrats to you for making it all ten seasons without corrupting or blowing up your pc/console 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

I stopped playing as much a couple years back because off this . Some times it feels like you are just driving round on circles . Just to pass the time . The interviews don'tstch what's happening . On track . And you don't get a sense that you have accomplished anything . At the end because the game doesn't recognize your achievements. Breaking point would off been a good story of you could off finished . The remaining 8 full seasons . That was the reason I bought the have . And was disappointed with the ending off it . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Fair comments. Will add to suggestions, I like it. I believe Football Manager do a 'Season Review' at the end of every year.

Maybe a end of 10 season review adding things like Average Quali pos, race pos and your stats would be nice. 

I always thought a career or my team should end with a comparison to the real F1 records. So where on the list of all time wins, poles, fast laps, and championships did you ( and your team) end up. So you could see where you placed in history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

Nothing really changes after the first two seasons IMO, the interviews don't change at all to reflect anything that is taking place and the game just becomes stagnant and boring, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Fair comments. Will add to suggestions, I like it. I believe Football Manager do a 'Season Review' at the end of every year.

Maybe a end of 10 season review adding things like Average Quali pos, race pos and your stats would be nice. 

Awesome 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, Madmaz116 said:

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

Can you tell me if all of the teams were maxed out an R&D/performance when you finished year 10?  If so; are the maxed out order of teams still the same as they are when you start the career mode in year 1?

Example you drive for Haas and try to take them to the top is it currently possible to do so?  Or are they still capped at being 9th or 10th overall even when maxed out?  If you drive all 10 seasons with Haas or Williams is it currently possible to have all teams maxed out and have Haas or Williams not be last by a wide margin?  If not; there's really no point in the mode especially if you want to get a backmarker team to glory.  Sure, you can do it if you max our your own R&D and can sneak ahead of them, but once everyone is maxed out, are you still capped as a back marker?  

I don't understand why they can't start out where they do but have a high cieling that they can all reach and be level.  I know that's never the case in F1 because they're not spec cars, but at least have something in the game mode that allows for a team like Williams or Haas to be rebuilt into the best on the grid; not temporarily until the other teams fly past your capped performance level to reach their higher level.  It makes the mode kind of pointless at the end of the day. 

Curious how this is handled in F1-21 as I haven't been able to get that far through a career yet since I couldn't play the game for so long due to crashes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Can you tell me if all of the teams were maxed out an R&D/performance when you finished year 10?  If so; are the maxed out order of teams still the same as they are when you start the career mode in year 1?

Example you drive for Haas and try to take them to the top is it currently possible to do so?  Or are they still capped at being 9th or 10th overall even when maxed out?  If you drive all 10 seasons with Haas or Williams is it currently possible to have all teams maxed out and have Haas or Williams not be last by a wide margin?  If not; there's really no point in the mode especially if you want to get a backmarker team to glory.  Sure, you can do it if you max our your own R&D and can sneak ahead of them, but once everyone is maxed out, are you still capped as a back marker?  

I don't understand why they can't start out where they do but have a high cieling that they can all reach and be level.  I know that's never the case in F1 because they're not spec cars, but at least have something in the game mode that allows for a team like Williams or Haas to be rebuilt into the best on the grid; not temporarily until the other teams fly past your capped performance level to reach their higher level.  It makes the mode kind of pointless at the end of the day. 

Curious how this is handled in F1-21 as I haven't been able to get that far through a career yet since I couldn't play the game for so long due to crashes.

My 10 season were in My team career mode , not driver career mode

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2021 at 3:22 PM, Madmaz116 said:

So ive slogged out 10 seaons on My Team , and what do you get at the end of it ? Nothing ... it just goes back to the main menu. I mean even a screen showing your overall seasons results would have been nice or some sort of message about you retiring from the sport ... just something! .

I was gutted lol

Next thing you will be wanting to get paid to drive .......... you kidz. The grapevine sez  that this may be what is going to be the celebratory ending for finishing the season.  https://youtu.be/WEhS9Y9HYjU

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madmaz116 said:

My 10 season were in My team career mode , not driver career mode

OK, thanks.  Did you notice though if all the other teams were maxed out on performance/development (typically you'll just see their development line on the graph just being a solid straight line when its maxed out) and if they are, is the order basically the same?  Example: Haas & Wiliams last, etc.  

That would be the clear signal they're still capped at the current performance levels of grand prix mode when they're fully maxed out in career mode.  My understanding is all career mode does is take the standard team performance ratings; downgrade them and let you build back up to those pre-determined maximum limits that essentially leaves you ending the 10 year career mode in the same performance order as when you started, and how the game's driver/team updates are.   Essentially making the mode useless since you can NEVER make a backmarker like Williams or Haas the best team overall once all teams are maxed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Fair comments. Will add to suggestions, I like it. I believe Football Manager do a 'Season Review' at the end of every year.

Maybe a end of 10 season review adding things like Average Quali pos, race pos and your stats would be nice. 

I always thought it would be cool if after the end of 10 years you see your driver in the all time table of stats. Eg maybe you earned 60 race wins, you could see your name on the table in 3rd place of all time wins behind Hamilton and schumacher. Or maybe also see your position in the all time pole position and points table etc.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...