Jump to content Jump to content

PS5 & F1 2021 - Advice needed

Off top off my head I can’t be certain... Don’t think it’s 1440.... pretty sure it’s 2000ish...  I’m not up with all the tech  jargon... currently watching narcos so I’ll check later on unless @Ultra3142 is about.. he will know off the top off his head... he’s a clever fella

• Thanks 1
On 9/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, ScaredDuck said:

I know you use wheel. But controller with the triggers is awesome once you get used to it.

120framerate is ok not mind blowingly obvious.  Game offline seems to be far more stable compared to pc and Xbox.   

Tbh I hadn’t even thought off downloading the PS4 version.  But I’m pretty sure you would be able to tell the versions apart.

Most developers take a year or so before they release games using new gen consoles full potential 

You have 120fps on PS5 ? Ist the performance mode running on PS5 without problems?

1 hour ago, Driver74 said:

You have 120fps on PS5 ? Ist the performance mode running on PS5 without problems?

I have nothing to compare it to.  But not a single problem.

Also I should add I play 50% races and quite often I will do long sessions off 4 or 5 races and still no issues

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

I have nothing to compare it to.  But not a single problem 

Unbelievable.

I play on XSX with a high end TV (hdmi 2.1, 120 fps, low input lag....).  When i change from quality (low fps)  to performance mode (120fps) the game is unplayable. Friends with a monitor have the same issues. Its very disappointing that they can develop 120fps on PS5 but not on XSX. 

12 minutes ago, Driver74 said:

Unbelievable.

I play on XSX with a high end TV (hdmi 2.1, 120 fps, low input lag....).  When i change from quality (low fps)  to performance mode (120fps) the game is unplayable. Friends with a monitor have the same issues. Its very disappointing that they can develop 120fps on PS5 but not on XSX. 

You don’t want to read my last post I edited then.

Dont want to seem smug but PS5 runs great... I had some ffb issues pre 1.08 but  since then it’s not missed a beat.. 

Done hundreds off races and all been fine... no crashing whatsoever 

have no idea if it makes any difference but I’ve matched my Ps5 with this years sony tv..  which is twice the price as equivalent TVs but reviews I read said to get the very best from ps5 that was the tv to get 

also so check your tv settings... turn off anything in display settings that has a low, med, high, auto setting. Even having a Sony tv on game mode I still get better picture and performance when I turn off settings that are still on

Edited by ScaredDuck
10 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

Good to know. Does this apply to the PS4 version or the game or the PS5 version? Are there setting for this in the game? I’ve deleted the PS5 version for the moment until I get my new TV (hopefully next week), so will download then. 

120 Hz is only an option on PS5.

• Thanks 1
On 9/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, Nuvolarix said:

I'm curious to know your opinion regarding the comparison with the current 60hz when you get the new tv 

So got my TV and gave performance mode a go on the PS5 version - the Samsung TV I got shows the FPS of the content on screen and confirmed it’s working at 120fps.

TBH, on track, I can’t really tell the difference between performance mode or the quality mode (60fps) and the PS4 version (also running at 60fps). So will stick with the PS4 version as voice support is enabled on it. Although having said that, I did like the Helmet audio mix.

The low input lag on the TV makes the most difference.

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

So got my TV and gave performance mode a go on the PS5 version - the Samsung TV I got shows the FPS of the content on screen and confirmed it’s working at 120fps.

TBH, on track, I can’t really tell the difference between performance mode or the quality mode (60fps) and the PS4 version (also running at 60fps). So will stick with the PS4 version as voice support is enabled on it. Although having said that, I did like the Helmet audio mix.

The low input lag on the TV makes the most difference.

Thank you @Monzie83, that's very helping for me ☺️

I suspected it from watching online comparison videos, obviously it's better, even only PS5 over PS4 version (better details resolution according to the videos) but not that better to 'force' me to spend money sooner than really needed. I admit that I was tempted by 120 fps mainly, but your further comment comforts me, for now I will stay with my 27 "60 fps monitor!

Regards,
Nuv

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

I suspected it from watching online comparison videos, obviously it's better, even only PS5 over PS4 version (better details resolution according to the videos) but not that better to 'force' me to spend money sooner than really needed. I admit that I was tempted by 120 fps mainly, but your further comment comforts me, for now I will stay with my 27 "60 fps monitor!

Regards,
Nuv

The main thing about having the extra frames per second is reaction time. Especially in shooters and racing games. If you watch any of jarno’s videos he runs something crazy like 300 fps.

if your running 120 fps your getting twice as many frames to view. Therefore you can be quicker at starts and generally react to incidents quicker than somebody running 60fps. Especially if the tv/monitor has a low response time.

on PC i dont run max settings as I’d rather have higher fps.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
4 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

Regards,
Nuv

Very welcome mate. TBH, the main reason why I got the TV was for the input lag. My old one was about 7 years old and the input lag on it was horrible. 

Having said that, the higher frame-rate may become essential for future games. 

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

The main thing about having the extra frames per second is reaction time. Especially in shooters and racing games. If you watch any of jarno’s videos he runs something crazy like 300 fps.

if your running 120 fps your getting twice as many frames to view. Therefore you can be quicker at starts and generally react to incidents quicker than somebody running 60fps. Especially if the tv/monitor has a low response time.

on PC i dont run max settings as I’d rather have higher fps.

And when your old like me every extra frame helps😁

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:06 AM, Monzie83 said:

👍🏽 - Didn’t know you could have both, will give it a shot. TBH, it sounds like the PS4 version has less issues, and voice commands are a big thing for me, as well as my current save game not transferring over; if the upside of the PS5 version is better graphics, I might forgo the PS5 version because of these. I also seem to remember reading somewhere there is a helmet audio option on the PS5 version?

I also have installed both version now, since I use the PS4 one (with voice commands) to run my championship, which is a GP mode. I find useful to run PS5 version to have "another" GP mode for testing purposes etc., without having to backup and restore my savegame each time or having to run my testing in LAN mode. Lots of workaround here, some further slots of savegame would have done it easily.

However I was on the settings, I can confirm there is an 'helmet audio option' in PS5 version, if you run cockpit view, but probably you already now ☺️

Regards,
Nuv

• Like 1

What a good thread was generated here! Good details that the truth had happened so far, especially for the need to buy a ps5 already, however now my question is if next year, that is, the F1 2022 will be only for high platforms Ps5 and the XSX? 

In theory it should be like this and I am increasingly encouraged to get the PS5 but in these times it is better to make strong expenses with a lot of responsibility. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd be surprised if F1 2022 wasn't cross-gen personally. Financially I'd have thought the last gen console market would remain too large to simply ignore.

I agree. In a post in suggestions I said that I’ve noticed most games currently being released,  have cross-gen multiplayer so you would assume this will just continue across all games