Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extra confim when discarding championship

Today it happened. I had to break the game during championship, and when re-entering, accidently discarded it. I was 4 stages from winning the whole championship :( So I'm finding it really necessary to extra confim window, standard "are you sure?", nothing more.

hehehe...

No seriously, i feel for ya'.
I did discard a custom championship and was surprised when it didn't ask "are you sure you...".

Oh man... hope its not to late for you.

For your information, there are TWO files that contains your savegame; one of them is the "actual" and the other backup the "previous" play/entry to the game.

Here:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*YourSteamIDNumber*\310560\remote\
You will find files with this format.
savegame@profile#XXXXXXXX
savegame@profile#XXXXXXXX

Notice that one of the files has modify date OLDER than the other one. This older file is a "backup" older version (your previous entry to the game) of your profile, that contains your career progress and such. And the newest contains the discarded champ.

So, if you screw up and accidentally discard the event/champ. dont panic. Just close the game via ALT+F4 inmediatelly.

1) Go to that folder
2) Arrange files by date and show details
3) copy all the content to a backup folder you choose/create
4) copy the whole name + ext of the NEWEST file to a notepad or something and move the file to another backup folder
5) set that finlename to the other profile file, the OLDER one

there you go, once you open Dirt Rally again you will find nothing has happened there. Maybe you need to redo a couple of stages but that is not as bad as loosing an entire country event. :)

But theres a problem. I you restarted the game and played after discarding the champ. the savegame files may be now overwritten.... so at that point theres nothing to do. But try restoring the older file anyway, who knows.

Sorry if cant be clear enough, I´m not on my computer at this moment... but I think you can get the clues to do it yourself.

This saved my ass 3 times so far (and counting... xD) 

Thanks for advice, at first.

I have 2 savegame@profile files and 2 savegame@profile_backup files... but all are the same date last modified. It's becouse I restarted game just after that accident. Looser's unluck this time ;( But it's really good to know for next time, hope I won't need it bud if I do - thanks :)

Pioy said:
Thanks for advice, at first.

I have 2 savegame@profile files and 2 savegame@profile_backup files... but all are the same date last modified. It's becouse I restarted game just after that accident. Looser's unluck this time ;( But it's really good to know for next time, hope I won't need it bud if I do - thanks :)
oh what a shame :(

But at least next time you will know what to do :wink: