Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAR- Autobianchi A112 Abarth

A bit of an underdog this one, i've never seen it in a rally game before though it was pretty popular in the 70's and 80*s as a beginner class car. The A112 Abarth helped some young teams and drivers get into the world of rally. The Trofeo A112 Abarth is still held in Italy.

"The car was entered in various rallying events throughout Europe and even spawned a one-make trophy: the Campionato A112 Abarth spanned eight editions, from 1977 to 1984, and adopted contemporary Group 1 rules, which meant nearly-stock cars. Some famous Italian rally drivers, including Attilio Bettega, Fabrizio Tabaton and Gianfranco Cunico, were among the winners of the championship.[12] The increasing popularity of the A112 in historic rallies and hillclimbs led to the reintroduction of an one-make trophy, called Trofeo A112 Abarth, in 2010. Abarths have often led hard lives, having been preferred by young owners with aggressive driving styles. Formula One driver Olivier Panis is one of many to have crashed an A112 Abarth" (source: Wikipedia)

I own two of these myself and they are extremely fun to drive,they can be driven very aggressively with some skills. 1050cc 70HP on +/- 700 kg, even lighter when completely stripped. The engine is often tuned up to around 85-90hp but i have seen people who got it up to 120hp (people with lots of money lol). I know it's not the most known or popular rally car, but it would be awesome to see it get some recognition. The only downside would be ( at least with the current car list) that it won't have anything to compete with. unless there would be something like a single make event like the trofeo A112 or an open class classic event or something.

p.s. sorry i got no pictures, i don't know how :/

Lend me one of this in real life, I´m sure it must be fun.

but sorry, I dont want it on DR

Oh, yes, please! I'm clearly biased because I drove one, the Abarth Version, in red of course. Cool little car, great sound. It was my mothers car, which I then planted against a wall during one night. It was a downhill passage with ice and snow... It could be repaired and served for another couple of years.

My mother actually had a standard type before. Colour was teal or turquoise...

There are many other cars before this ...                                                                                                                                    

I'd rather see some newer car or more classic, third car in 2000's (Pug 206 maybe) etc. etc.