Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US GP

Btw, my gif wasn't meant to be disrespectful against our Seb or that other Seb. It's just that it would be epic for Lewis to win the WDC infront of the US-crowd. 

FFOman said:
Just curious as to the point they may have to cancel the race.  Any opinions?
I've merged this with the US GP thread. I don't think they'll cancel the race but we may see a lot of the SC and have qualifying on Sunday.

Btw, my gif wasn't meant to be disrespectful against our Seb or that other Seb. It's just that it would be epic for Lewis to win the WDC infront of the US-crowd. 
The US would probably be the best place for him to win. He's pretty well liked in the States, the crowd will go maaaaaaad

Message from Race Control:
"Start of FP2 will be delayed indefinately, marshalls unable to work due to proximity of lightning".

You can tell it's the first time the FIA have ever said that, they spelt indefinitely wrong.

Just read something pretty hilarious. If there's no qualifying before the race, the grid will be decided by car number. I want this to happen just so I can witness the uproar as Hamilton lines up alongside Rossi in 17th place. 

This would be the full grid (obviously both Ferraris have penalties)

Ah damn, there's Grosjean of course instead of Palmer  

VetteIfan said:
Just read something pretty hilarious. If there's no qualifying before the race, the grid will be decided by car number. I want this to happen just so I can witness the uproar as Hamilton lines up alongside Rossi in 17th place. 
Who said that? I heard it was FP1 results.

If they did it by car number then I'd bet Lewis would be regretting picking 44 over 1 this season...

fIsince08 said:
VetteIfan said:
Who said that? I heard it was FP1 results.
Tobias Grüner, twitter. 

I don't think that's still accurate. Would be pretty arbitrary. I would imagine if there was no qualifying they'd look at FP3 then FP2 then FP1 and then I believe it's championship order. 

As if they wouldn't just move Qualifying to Sunday morning. 
Sunday is going to be very bad, rain from the hurricane in Mexico is going to hit, so I doubt the race will even happen Sunday....

I've been out the last couple of days so I've not had the chance to keep up with what's happening at all. Was there actually any running yesterday in FP2? Like even install laps?

MBKF1 said:
I've been out the last couple of days so I've not had the chance to keep up with what's happening at all. Was there actually any running yesterday in FP2? Like even install laps?
FP2 was delayed due to rain a couple of minutes into the session then was cancelled.

MBKF1 said:
No, the session never actually started.

So FP3 gets underway in awful conditions. This can be the qualifying grid. There are no fans at the track and it's wet tyres only.

This is a recipe for disaster.

You mean, a recipe for disBANTER!

I'll see myself ou-No, I'm staying! Hulk doing well too, kind of hard to pick between the trainwreck that is the US GP or the trainwreck that is West Ham-Chelsea.