Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US GP

VetteIfan said:
Just read something pretty hilarious. If there's no qualifying before the race, the grid will be decided by car number. I want this to happen just so I can witness the uproar as Hamilton lines up alongside Rossi in 17th place. 
Hmm if P3 is now used then Rosberg fan won't be happy :joy: I say fan as I only know of one o:) Also whoever told you that doesn't know what he's talking about, they would have used championship positions not numbers....

Hughesy said:
VetteIfan said:
Just read something pretty hilarious. If there's no qualifying before the race, the grid will be decided by car number. I want this to happen just so I can witness the uproar as Hamilton lines up alongside Rossi in 17th place. 
Hmm if P3 is now used then Rosberg fan won't be happy :joy: I say fan as I only know of one o:) Also whoever told you that doesn't know what he's talking about, they would have used championship positions not numbers....
Yeah you're right, he actually clarified it like 10 minutes after I posted, but I couldn't be bothered posting again. Different information from different teams. Which is unsurprising considering there isn't actually a set protocol for it. 

Anyway hopefully qualifying goes ahead. It's sad that the FIA and the circuit organisers aren't on the same wavelength because the only people who really suffer are the fans. The fans who, even if they see no action today, will not get a refund on some very expensive tickets. 

Yeah there isn't really a set protocol for no qualifying. All that it says in the regs is that if a driver doesn't/cannot set a time in Q1, then FP3 is to be considered. Presumably if they can't use FP3 times they'd go back to FP2, etc.

But we got FP3 done today, so that will be the grid if qualifying gets canceled and can't be run on Sunday.

I had planned to be at the track today, but the weather is just unrelenting. Lots of flooding in the entire region. Nearly all of the CotA parking arrangements got rearranged as well - grass/dirt parking lots flooded, and some cars got stuck, needing pulling/towing out. Hurricane Patricia is being touted as "the strongest land-falling Pacific hurricane on record." Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit tomorrow & I'll be able to get out to the track on race day.

Wow, dude has wifi in space, yet mine starts tripping when I go to the bathroom, this is some bullshit

Just as well qualifying got postponed then as my Sky box had a breakdown fortunately it's working again now though. Just needed a reboot but still it's a pain.

Jiggy said:
Doubt that we're even having a GP today.

Right now you're right but they say conditions are likely to improve so I guess we just have to wait and see

Slicks will be on sharpish.

Before anyone says it, that looked like understeer from Lewis as both Mercs had problems with the fronts even on the out lap.

Edit: After seeing onboard he did indeed do it on purpose so I was wrong :joy: Naughty from Lewis

Hughesy said:

Before anyone says it, that looked like understeer from Lewis as both Mercs had problems with the fronts even on the out lap.

Understeer like Japan? ;) That first turn was hilarious lol. Rosberg owned again.

Hughesy said:

Understeer like Japan? ;) That first turn was hilarious lol. Rosberg owned again.
Edited it after seeing onboard, that was very naughty from Lewis :joy: 

I'm really sick of that move. Not just from Hamilton, although this is the second time this year he's done it and last year at COTA he did it too. 

Its just poor sportsmanship and borderline a penalty. 

Yeah I don't really like seeing that. It isn't fair on Rosberg in that situation, I thought it was illegal to force a driver off the track?

AMS97KRR said:
Yeah I don't really like seeing that. It isn't fair on Rosberg in that situation, I thought it was illegal to force a driver off the track?
Doesn't work like that at the start of the race, they are very lenient.