Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US GP

Recommended Posts

AMS97KRR said:
Guys did you hear that he has equaled Senna?
You really should just find a German stream of the F1 online.
I'll learn German and do it. Totally worth it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think today will be looked back on as the day Rosberg took a final nail to his coffin. He did everything right. He had the best pace of anyone, he had the strategy and he even overtook Lewis on track. But still he didn't get the job done, and he made mistake when it mattered most. Admittedly Lewis was very fortunate that Kvyat decided to plant his car in the barriers, but while so often he's just not had the ultimate pace of Lewis, today he had the race in the palm of his hand and he blew it. Its kinda sad really, it isn't the same Nico from the summer of last year. 

If Mercedes and Ferrari have any sense they are going to go to war in an attempt to sign Verstappen in 2017. 

Incredible race though. Halfway through I had dreams of Vettel taking the victory from 13th place, but to be only 3 seconds behind the leading Mercedes' at the flag starting from that far back isn't too bad either. Feel sorry for the RB's, had it kept raining we might have had an even more mighty race with them involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What an amazing race to win the championship. It wasn't one of his best performances for sure, but at stages it felt as if some external force was guiding him to the win. The timing of the last SC, Rosberg's blunder, wow, just wow. This year was simply meant to be Hamilton's year from the get go. Everytime something was about to go wrong for him, it went right all of a sudden. I feel like this season has been a lot of payback for everything that went wrong at McLaren in 2012. 

Curious to see what will happen next year, but as a fan I'm totally at peace with Lewis now. Whatever he wins from now on is going to feel like a bonus. As a triple WDC he is already one of the all time greats, something I felt he would not get in his career 2 years ago. 

However, after two years in a dominant car, I want Lewis to have more competition in the future. Preferably with Seb and Fernando. Rosberg is simply not up to the task of becoming a WDC, leave alone an all-time-great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Mark my words, screen shot it if you want, Rosberg will never win a Championship as he's not good enough!

Bold prediction that. About Rosberg, it's simple. He's a bitch. How are you going to let man force you off the road in the first corner, then go off track to let him pass and being submissive all season long and then you start showing some fight only after the championship by THROWING A CAP AT THE MAN THAT DOMINATED YOU. Seriously, Rosberg is worse than Webber. Webber was petty af too, but at least Webber tried to show some fight on the track. Wasn't much of a fight, but he tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh yeah.


Hülkenberg is finished. Will leave F1 for Le Mans within the next two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jiggy said:
Oh yeah.


Hülkenberg is finished. Will leave F1 for Le Mans within the next two years.
The crash wasn't his fault, the front wing failed a few seconds before the turn ;)Jiggy said:
Hughesy said:
Mark my words, screen shot it if you want, Rosberg will never win a Championship as he's not good enough!

Bold prediction that. About Rosberg, it's simple. He's a bitch. How are you going to let man force you off the road in the first corner, then go off track to let him pass and being submissive all season long and then you start showing some fight only after the championship by THROWING A CAP AT THE MAN THAT DOMINATED YOU. Seriously, Rosberg is worse than Webber. Webber was petty af too, but at least Webber tried to show some fight on the track. Wasn't much of a fight, but he tried.
Not bold, before Mercs came to the front Nico was always a midfielder and never stood out. I agree with anything else, he's very petty, think he knows that he will never beat Hamilton. With Ferrari starting to do well he's going to get his Arse whipped by Vettel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Not bold
Think Jiggy was being sarcastic. 

I think you are putting Rosberg down a little though. Up against 70% of the grid he would probably be the one winning the championships in that car. It's just that he's been unfortunate enough to be paired with Lewis whilst in a period of his career where he's had a dominant car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was kind of being sarcastic, as Rosberg is basically a lost cause nowadays. Can't even beat Vettel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just to talk about the other events in the race, a fantastic drive by Vettel to come from 15th on the grid, he was something like 8th by the end of lap 1, I'd love to see an on board of that lap, and then to finish just behind the Mercs was really fantastic. I cannot actually wait for Hamilton v Vettel for the title next year.

With Rosberg, I just cannot see him winning a title while he is team mates with Hamilton. Just look at him, he looks completely dominated, what has he got left to beat him? As Vettelfan said, he had the best chance to win the race today, and he should have, but he threw it away with a mistake, and just all year he has been second best. He has had the exact same equipment as Lewis, and Lewis has gone and wrapped up the title three races early, and he is behind Vettel in the Ferrari.

Lewis is just going to get stronger and stronger, he's on the form of his life, and quite frankly I can't believe he only has 3 world championships! If things went better in China and Brazil in 2007 or had better reliability in 2012 then he could very easily be a 5 time world champion today. Lewis just seems to be in such a good state of mind, he's clearly enjoying his life in and outside of F1.

Now Max Verstappen, god he's good. I was sceptical earlier in the year when when people were all saying 'he's the next big thing', but he really does look it now. He's matured so much over the season, and at the age of just 18 he could have a good 15 or so years in Formula 1, he will win races I'm sure, I reckon as early as 2017 in a Red Bull or another top car.

Sergio Perez, again, a solid drive and he has had a fantastic season. One of the 'background' stars of 2015. He's only 10 points behind Ricciardo in the championship, and if he continues as he is then he could end up ahead of them come Abu Dhabi.

I'm actually so excited for the future of Formula 1. If Red Bull can find themselves a good power unit, and if (or when) McLaren Honda finally come good, we have got a great battle for the world championship again. Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Button, Ricciardo, and then we have the young drivers who could still win races, like Verstappen, Perez, Bottas, Kvyat, Sainz, even Grosjean if he ends up doing well at Haas. Then we have the future F1 stars like Vandoorne, Palmer, Oliver Rowland perhaps, who knows.

Cannot wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VetteIfan said:
Hughesy said:
Not bold
Think Jiggy was being sarcastic. 

I think you are putting Rosberg down a little though. Up against 70% of the grid he would probably be the one winning the championships in that car. It's just that he's been unfortunate enough to be paired with Lewis whilst in a period of his career where he's had a dominant car. 
Vettel, Alonso, Button, Ricciardo, Max, Grosjean and Perez would all beat him in the same car.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disagree with the last 2 on that list. 
MBKF1 said:
I'm actually so excited for the future of Formula 1. If Red Bull can find themselves a good power unit, and if (or when) McLaren Honda finally come good, we have got a great battle for the world championship again. Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Button, Ricciardo, and then we have the young drivers who could still win races, like Verstappen, Perez, Bottas, Kvyat, Sainz, even Grosjean if he ends up doing well at Haas. Then we have the future F1 stars like Vandoorne, Palmer, Oliver Rowland perhaps, who knows.

Cannot wait.
What you've done there is name a lot of talent, but that doesn't necessarily make for a great world championship battle again because only one guy on that list is driving a Mercedes. And the only team that has a prayer of catching Mercedes next season is Ferrari, and even they've been an average of around 0.5-0.7 off the pace all year. To find that much on a team that is also developing at a furious rate is going to be very difficult, so it's going to take Ferrari a winter at least as equally good as last year to be in with a shot. Otherwise this time next year we'll be having this same discussion again with Hamilton as a comfortable 4x champ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just pray to God that Ferrari and Seb can at least make Hamilton really work for it next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Things I think we can all (or at least people who resembles some sort of intelligent being) agree on;
  • Rosberg is almost, if not as fast as Hamilton, but lacks the balls and mental strength to unlock his full potential.
  • Hamilton's move at the start was pretty dodgy. The move in Japan was fine in my opinion, but this time he blatantly pushed him off the track.
  • Sky's coverage is terrible in almost every way except for production value, which means nothing if your content is rubbish anyway.
  • Both title contenders are among the most unlikeable in F1 history.
  • This race was absolutely incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only way to get an incredible race is to limit practice and build tracks near oncoming hurricanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MBKF1 said:
About the coverage, I really don't care that Sky talk about Lewis all the time. I've watched F1 in Spain and Germany and they are exactly the same with Alonso and Vettel. The Spanish coverage is worse than Sky, literally everything is about Alonso, the ad break fillers, they cut the podium to talk to him if he's not on it.

Yes I find it a bit tiring from time to time with Sky, but you can't blame them when the majority of their audience are probably British Hamilton fans, and the fact he has just won the title for the third time...
He's never on the podium ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20490941

A nice video, but I'm pretty sure they missed one of Vettel's titles :lol: 

I can only assume they've recycled a 2012 video or something :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"I said one race ago, I feel like I had the baton down for myself and Ayrton and will carry it as long as I can and as strong as I can."

Eww. It's stuff like that what makes me hope that Lewis doesn't score any points next season and I actually like Lewis. Well, liked, he's getting insufferable with the nonstop Senna-talk lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jiggy said:
"I said one race ago, I feel like I had the baton down for myself and Ayrton and will carry it as long as I can and as strong as I can."

Eww. It's stuff like that what makes me hope that Lewis doesn't score any points next season and I actually like Lewis. Well, liked, he's getting insufferable with the nonstop Senna-talk lately.
The thing is that that quote and himself saying he always wanted 3 titles is pretty much all he ever said about Senna. The rest has all come from the media, and even then it's mostly Sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×