Jump to content Jump to content

F2 2021 third race + driver lineup ?

As we know F2 2021 season is going to be added soon...so my questions are...the driver lineup will be the one at the start of the season?? and...will we get the 3 races format like irl or we will remain with the 2 one like 2020 and 2022?

38 minutes ago, Capi64 SR said:

As we know F2 2021 season is going to be added soon...so my questions are...the driver lineup will be the one at the start of the season?? and...will we get the 3 races format like irl or we will remain with the 2 one like 2020 and 2022?

Will very likely remain 2 race format.. Heard nothing of 3 race format and as its already changed for 2022 i dont think Codemasters will bother with it

• Sad 1

On the contrary to other answers, I think it will be the three race format.  Not mandatory obviously as it’ll give you options to just do a one-off feature race or the 3-race full weekend.   They may leave the old format as an option but no obligation to do so. 
It’s supposed to represent the real season so you’d assume it would do the actual format at least, otherwise they could have just done a livery and driver update and got it out waaaaayyy earlier. 
What’s happening next season has no relevance on what happens this season as it wasn’t announced until a fortnight or so ago anyway so they’d have started F2 2021 work anyway way before then.  Theres no reason to introduce the new format a year earlier than it is in real life. 
Like the F1 sprint qualifying is a trial so shouldn’t be used. Yet 3 race weekend is the format and therefore should. That’s how I’d see it?  

In terms of the lineup, I don’t know. I think there’s a cut-off date somewhere. For example, Markelovs helmet last time out was one he used in later races but that’s only an aesthetic thing.  Alesi moved teams to MP but that wasn’t factored into last year or even this year.

The fact there hasn’t been a consistent grid this year makes me think it’ll be the announced lineup. So Beckmann at Charouz, not Campos.  I’d assume Petecof will be there instead of Nannini?   Nannini at HWA over Aitken.   However, they may cut off at a different date and have the lineup from before a certain race so have no Petecof at Camps but have Nannini there and Aitken at HWA.   It’s just guesswork. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, magpieracer48 said:

99% Certain that it has already been confirmed the new race weekend structure will not be included/changed with the 2021 cars inclusion. 

I find it more surprising that i'm not surprised.   Not sure what the excuse is for this one as it's not time-based for a change. I can't imagine them saying it's because nobody would care if it was or wasn't included so I can only assume it's because Championships mode is no longer a thing so it doesn't have to be indicative of the actual season as it isn't F2TM

Maybe it's in the confirmation notice that you'd have seen. I haven't seen it (yet) so no idea if/what the reason stated would be. 

• Like 1