Jump to content Jump to content

Black Edition Redeem Code - Not Working

So when will the Black edition code work? 8 friends on xbox live including myself and none have been able to download the code. 

People have been complaining for 2 weeks now and you can't even be bothered to give them a proper response. Just to be clear, this is the 360 version so please don't tell us to contact Steam again.
I emailed customer service at CM. I was impressed with the very fast response, though they advised that I try the 'download again' method, which I have been doing tirelessly, ceaselessly, endlessly, over and over and over again and again since release day. So what the heck, tried again 10 more times today and of course it is business as usual, not working. So I cleared the cache, not working still. So I disconnected the wireless router and hard wired the 360 straight to my modem and tried again, not working. When will this be fixed??? Good luck selling DLC to those of us experiencing this glitch CM. No chance I would touch it until this issue is resolved because I have no confidence in the DLC codes working now. A response from Loore would be very much appreciated. Again, fyi, I am on X360 in New Zealand.
Have you tried going into the Download History menu (It's somewhere in the right-most menu on the xbox home dashboard, in one of the big green buttons) and redownloading from there?

That's what I had to do to make the code redeem, and a friend of mine couldn't download the code until he tried that too. It might work it might not. I only went there because I couldn't find where else to redownload it.
@lumpiestfish115 , have you got it working?? Everyone I know who had probs previously has now got it working. I spent hours talking to Xbox support on this issue over Twitter so maybe that helped!?!

Thanks for your efforts on our behalf and the amount of time you have obviously spent on this issue with them. That along with the many gamers emails to customer support and keeping this thread bumped must have helped. They couldn't really have released DLC before sorting this, now it's all good. I hope nobody is still having issues.
YES!!! Clearing content cache worked!
Nah, wasn't the cache as I managed to d/l on my son's account and console without clearing it. And I cleared the cache on my console twice the other day and it made no difference. MS or CM definitely did something (to fix it) although I'm sure neither will admit to it. It doesn't matter; it's working now and we can move on.