Jump to content Jump to content

[ STEAM ] - Player shown with red X during multiplayer race

BarryBL

• Administrator

Members of the community in leagues have reported that some players will be seen by other players within an online session displaying the red 'X' symbol above their names. The red X above another car indicates that they are no longer connected to the observing player (no messages have been received for at least 500ms).

In these instances, the red X is staying on permanently without recovering, suggesting a permanent break down of connection between these two players.

Initially from this thread - [ ALL PLATFORMS ] - Desync and General Quality of Life in Multiplayer Discussion Thread - Page 9 - Report an Issue - Codemasters Community

Please add videos, reports codes and bug reports if you see the Red 'X' or have reports of it. REPORT CODES WOULD BE ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT here (found in the pause menu). Please post other Multiplayer issues in the standard format, unrelated posts will be hidden. 

• Agree 1

• BarryBL featured this topic

Here's another video from one of the attempts of running the Austrian GP in our league last Saturday (the race was eventually called-off and the league suspended). As you can see the McLaren of Apegzz has a red cross next to his nickname, and his car on my screen is driven by the AI. No one can see it's car apart from me that's why he's pushed around, punted and even thrown into the air, then spinning back onto the track nearly whiping me off. Of course we were desynced and in fact he was in completely different place on the track way ahead of me.

I have no report codes because that's not something that I think of in the middle of a league race, but I think the video itself presents the issue perfectly.

EDIT: I actually have a report code. It was: SHHD-DHHS-SKDG-DRHE

Edited by TheAM

• A detailed description of the issue.
    Red x issue, clips are provided of both drivers (sorry about the language in the clips)
    Seems like its usually happening to the same people, Myself (Jacopski) and Dutchy often have problems like this only after patch 1.10
    if I remember correctly Dutchy had a red cross for me from the start of the race and vise versa, I honestly cant explain in words what
    exactly happens so you gotta look at the clips, some weird universe imploding stuff going on.
  • Report Code
    Didn't get one sorry
  • Platform?
    PC
  • Game-mode?
    Private online lobby (friends only) 50% race, short quali, equal cars, strict corner cut, warmup lap on
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    20 (until other people dnf) and 1 spectator
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    No
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    Shorter length races or 50% races with around 5-10 people this never happens, seems to be full lobbies with longer races that make this happen.
    tested doing quali then restarting lobby to start race as custom grid from quali results. this seems to make it worse.
    internet connection is pretty stable and like I said this only started happening after the 1.10 patch.
    game validation.
    leaving and re-joining mid race doesn't help.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

https://www.twitch.tv/jacopski/clip/ArtsyNastySproutDeIlluminati-UZVc1RDHE2NoR_DU?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImportantSmellyCarrotPRChase-PnixdOg1yWxX-IbY

3 hours ago, Jacopski said:

Report Code
Didn't get one sorry

Managed to find the code off someone else's stream as mine was already deleted after 14 days.
VBRD-EMGP-PCVK-MHVG
I'm assuming these codes are session specific and doesn't change with each driver?

Edited by Jacopski
Got the right code now

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jacopski said:

Managed to find the code off someone else's stream as mine was already deleted after 14 days.
VBRD-EMGP-PCVK-MHVG
I'm assuming these codes are session specific and doesn't change with each driver?

These codes are per driver, per session, and always unique 👍

@Jacopski, do you have the report code of Dutchy too at all? Did they stream the game and pause, as might be able to find it there

15 hours ago, BarryBL said:

These codes are per driver, per session, and always unique 👍

@Jacopski, do you have the report code of Dutchy too at all? Did they stream the game and pause, as might be able to find it there

no, unfortunately both our streams have been deleted due to being 14 days old, this was the code I found from the commentator as he uploaded the full race onto youtube.

actually have two codes from him as he had to leave and rejoin:
VBRD-EMGP-PCVK-MHVG (original code)
GCXB-TJAB-GGDP-EEVG (code used during the time the incident happened)

Edited by Jacopski
added more info
  • Like 2

@BarryBL Last night was epically bad. Our league race had everything, multiple RedX drivers, a car backwards in the pit, another car sitting in the pit for over a minute waiting for an invisible car to clear his pit box. Cars jumping around the standings and showing as +5 laps back when they were on the lead lap.  Finally the safety car came out, and stayed out... forever. We had to call the race after sc was still going after 10 laps.

Platform: PC (Steam), Social Lobby, Host was a spectator (streaming), Australia, all drivers in Australia, 16 Drivers

Host's Stream / Report Code:  ECJG-SECX-KDJC-XVMG

Host Stream:  (35:13 for the car sitting waiting for the empty pit box for over a minute)

TMAC's Stream / Report Code:  CETJ-ECAT-XXTT-APMG  

TMAC's streams

Edited by ReconNZ

Evidence in a European league I manage. The Haas driver has a Williams ahead with a red X above his name. However, on other POVs, such as my own (I drive for Alpine), and my teammate's, that Williams isn't there.

Haas driver POV with Williams having a red X - https://streamable.com/08ay0p 

My teammate's POV (Alpine) which doesn't show anything, and looks like he just loses it - https://streamable.com/frn9aa

In this league we have not had issues big enough to stop our league. We have opted to just deal with it. But this was the first desync case we had. Hopefully this is fixed as soon as possible 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by CombinedYoutuber

This race is a couple of weeks ago now, but the desync issue was present for a few people. This was present in both the Qualifying session (18 mins) and the race (50%) 

Report code - XTSC-MRTP-GBKC-TJVG

I'm in the williams and get hit from behind at turn 3 by a mercedes. As seen from my POV and from stream POV.
This causes me to lose my wing on the back of the alpha tauri infront
On the mercedes POV I'm in a different spot and there is no contatc between us.

Stream POV - https://youtu.be/EgTve9v8UAY?t=2386
Mercedes POV - https://youtu.be/3xSKGvnBiEY?t=22
My POV - https://youtu.be/qjgQq2_DkKw

Hi @BarryBL,

Since you mentioned in the "everything that is expected to be arriving next week" thread, that 1.11 and 1.12 will be merged as a release sometime this week (estimate, got that :D).

Is the issue from this thread also fixed/scheduled for the upcoming patch or is this still under investigation?

Just asking since we are not sure if we can start our league race this weekend and we want to be sure that all desync issues are solved before we restart our season.

Would be great to get a short feedback, thanks for all your communication here since it's the only way to get any information 🙂 

Edited by MisterJohnny420

• Administrator
14 hours ago, MisterJohnny420 said:

Hi @BarryBL,

Since you mentioned in the "everything that is expected to be arriving next week" thread, that 1.11 and 1.12 will be merged as a release sometime this week (estimate, got that :D).

Is the issue from this thread also fixed/scheduled for the upcoming patch or is this still under investigation?

Just asking since we are not sure if we can start our league race this weekend and we want to be sure that all desync issues are solved before we restart our season.

Would be great to get a short feedback, thanks for all your communication here since it's the only way to get any information 🙂 

Is "everything that is expected to be arriving next week" a quote 😛 

The issue from this thread, specifically Red 'X'. is still something under investigation and wont make it into the latest patch. However, patch notes are coming very soon, and Online is a area where we have updates for. 

Can't give too much away right this second, but will become clear when we can. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Is "everything that is expected to be arriving next week" a quote 😛 

The issue from this thread, specifically Red 'X'. is still something under investigation and wont make it into the latest patch. However, patch notes are coming very soon, and Online is a area where we have updates for. 

Can't give too much away right this second, but will become clear when we can. 

I could have linked the thread instead of quoting the name of it I guess 😄

Thanks for the update, that's all I needed to know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@BarryBL This is a partial video, but I actually had this issue from start to finish.

• Report Code: AERT-XEGB-HSHB-PKMG
  • Platform: PC [Steam]
  • Game-mode: Multiplayer private race, short qualifying, 50% Race, Equal cars.
  • [ONLINE] How many people were there?: Player 19, Spectator 1
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host: No

(If my English is messed up, I apologize)

Edited by cosine1978
Add Video

4 hours ago, JanKondler said:

Cmon guys, after more than a month it is still happening, I think you have enough report codes. Will it be fixed soon, are you properly working on it? Or do you need people to spam this thread with bugs to care?

Barry doesn’t fix these issues himself and I’m sure he can’t pick and choose which issues amongst the 100s of them that will be fixed first, honestly tired of these posts that have nothing to add thinking it’s a simple one line of code fix. Send something useful or don’t send it at all because your little whinge ain’t gonna do nish.