Jump to content Jump to content

What is your best track in the game?

It must be Brazil....I even make sure my engine parts percentages are low so I can do my best there!

Bahrain, Austria, Silverstone I always look forward to.

My worst are Spain and Holland....I know they are going to be a struggle.

As a side note I only run 10 race series to save the other tracks for Variety when I finally get bored. 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, GoSuarez99 said:

@BarryBL What’s your best track in the game?

Erm, honestly not sure, I'm pretty average at everything. But I'll give some honorable mentions:

• Portimao - First and only (official) Forum Championship win. 
  • Silverstone - An hour from my house, going to the British GP next year, drove on the Porsche track next to it on a driving day (which was the best morning of my life), I'll go with this one. Also, some unique overtaking places and I do well here vs 100 AI
  • Brazil - Fun to drive, and a classic F1 track
  • Mexico - Loads of places to get creative with overtakes. Normal overtaking zones are over-rated, I like to mix it up and theres about 3 different lines in S1 of Mexico alone. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
9 hours ago, BarryBL said:
  • Silverstone - An hour from my house, going to the British GP next year, drove on the Porsche track next to it on a driving day (which was the best morning of my life), I'll go with this one. Also, some unique overtaking places and I do well here vs 100 AI

I'll be on the lookout for a blue Subaru WRX on Google Streets around the Silverstone parking lot then. If you do not sport a Liverpool decal on it, I'll be severely disappointed.

On the topic, I probably have more subpar tracks than really good ones, but the one I probably punch above my weight class is Hungary

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
12 hours ago, marioho said:

I'll be on the lookout for a blue Subaru WRX on Google Streets around the Silverstone parking lot then. If you do not sport a Liverpool decal on it, I'll be severely disappointed.

On the topic, I probably have more subpar tracks than really good ones, but the one I probably punch above my weight class is Hungary

I’ve always done well st Hungary but never pick it in my team which is bizarre as I pick Japan over it and you know my feelings about japan🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

also missed out Canada as one off my favs.  

My hates are Monaco, Spain, Mexico and hate of hates japan 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Haha 1

I've never done well at Australia.  I used to be really good at Britain but that has slowly ebbed away over the years and now i'm sub-par. I do like naming all the corners as I zoom around the track while missing all their apexes.  I don't enjoy Singapore. I think the surroundings at night are the most beautiful backdrops in the game but the race is too long and not always exciting if you're not directly racing anyone. 

Monaco is a hit or miss. When it goes wrong, its incredibly frustrating and you hate the place. When you get it right, it's far more rewarding than any other track. 

In terms of ones i'm good at; the list isn't sensationally long. Bahrain is a decent one which is unlucky as it starts the season off. That means I can sometimes sneak a point and then my rivals challenge is always against someone better than me. I do enjoy Brazil once i'm in 'the flow'. I can struggle for a few laps and then i'm pretty good once i've got the rhythm.  I find Hungary a little visually grey but always go solidly there. Italy is my main strength though apart from sometimes I overshoot Rettifilo when trying to do the dive bomb and look like an utter pleb. 

I'm definitely only a medicore player at best though but luckily i'm more into the solo-play than online so nobody gets to witness the travesty that is my attempts at speed around most the circuits.

4 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I've never done well at Australia.  I used to be really good at Britain but that has slowly ebbed away over the years and now i'm sub-par. I do like naming all the corners as I zoom around the track while missing all their apexes.  I don't enjoy Singapore. I think the surroundings at night are the most beautiful backdrops in the game but the race is too long and not always exciting if you're not directly racing anyone. 

Monaco is a hit or miss. When it goes wrong, its incredibly frustrating and you hate the place. When you get it right, it's far more rewarding than any other track. 

In terms of ones i'm good at; the list isn't sensationally long. Bahrain is a decent one which is unlucky as it starts the season off. That means I can sometimes sneak a point and then my rivals challenge is always against someone better than me. I do enjoy Brazil once i'm in 'the flow'. I can struggle for a few laps and then i'm pretty good once i've got the rhythm.  I find Hungary a little visually grey but always go solidly there. Italy is my main strength though apart from sometimes I overshoot Rettifilo when trying to do the dive bomb and look like an utter pleb. 

I'm definitely only a medicore player at best though but luckily i'm more into the solo-play than online so nobody gets to witness the travesty that is my attempts at speed around most the circuits.

Definitely notice I’m not as great as I once was... As I only have console it’s nice to see turn based strategy games are making an appearance this year.  Be awesome if total war series released console versions

On 10/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, PJTierney said:

I've always been decent at Monza and Austria when they came up online.

Had an online race over the weekend where I started last at Monza in the rain. Unlike everyone else I looked at the weather before One-Shot Qualifying and tweaked it for a wet race.

Started P20, was P5 by the end of Lap 1 😄 

My weather forecast always says sunny weather Even when there is heavy rain 🙈

1 minute ago, ScaredDuck said:

Definitely notice I’m not as great as I once was... As I only have console it’s nice to see turn based strategy games are making an appearance this year.  Be awesome if total war series released console versions

I like to attribute it to not being as 'gamey' as I used to be (and therefore just out of practice) and not a dwindling lack of natural skill.   However, comments on my actual driving are unfairly harsh and may imply i'm not 'all-that'.

I quite liked the Rome Total War series and I think there was a Lord of the Rings one that was pretty decent.  I just wish I still had the time that I used to have! 

• Like 1

Spa and suzuka easily the 2 best and most flowing track on the calendar . Although the ai are rapid round them on 101 ai they still my 2 favourite tracks. Algarve and imola will join that list  done many laps around them on different games they are awesome tracks...

27 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

Spa and suzuka easily the 2 best and most flowing track on the calendar . Although the ai are rapid round them on 101 ai they still my 2 favourite tracks. Algarve and imola will join that list  done many laps around them on different games they are awesome tracks...

Suzuka??? You sir are a driving god

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I quite liked the Rome Total War series and I think there was a Lord of the Rings one that was pretty decent.  I just wish I still had the time that I used to have! 

There's a Warhammer one, LoTR is just a mod as far as I know. And I wish I'm in the wrong here because I'd love a Lord of The Rings' Total War!

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, marioho said:

There's a Warhammer one, LoTR is just a mod as far as I know. And I wish I'm in the wrong here because I'd love a Lord of The Rings' Total War!

Empire for me... rule Britannia and all that🤘

• Like 1
On 10/6/2021 at 7:48 AM, GoSuarez99 said:

I wanna know what everyone’s best track is in F1 2021, mine is Canada/Portugal

I used an AI calculator website and my recommended difficulty for Brazil was 99 so include that with Canada and Portugal