Jump to content Jump to content

Helicopters? Birds? Airplanes?

Were are they in F1 2021?

I understand if Codemasters did left them out of the game, so you have a good running game, but if that is not the case??

Hope Codemasters can let us know regarding this decision and if they will be added later on!?

@BarryBL

Edited by GioProductions
Info

Choose one:

• "only present in the e-sports build"
  • "we prioritized other game modes, like breaking point - years in the making"
  • "but we did not have enough time to train the AI flying those vessels"
Edited by Schneehase
  • Haha 5

Breaking point actually bugs me .. years in the making and it is just not worth what has been removed for it's inclusion. Possibility the only year we going to have Algarve and imola and no classic cars to drive round them awesome tracks. Crazy decision to remove them ... But yes the environment just feels so dull and lifeless. I mean this franchise has always had zero atmosphere on race weekends anyway I mean look at zandervort irl and then the game absolutely no atmosphere at all . Then to remove the environment effect's just adds to the lifeless feel... 

• Agree 2

The only reason I can think of why this was removed is performance and/or memory issues. F1 2021 updated/improved a lot of the track textures and they added grime decals to the track and run-off areas, so it may be that to compensate for that they had to cut other stuff that is not directly part of the racetrack such as what you mentioned in your post (birds, helicopters).

Surface reflections were also removed in the rain, instead we have a puddle decal that is spammed across the asphalt. Visually, quite a few things were downgraded unfortunately.

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

The only reason I can think of why this was removed is performance and/or memory issues. F1 2021 updated/improved a lot of the track textures and they added grime decals to the track and run-off areas, so it may be that to compensate for that they had to cut other stuff that is not directly part of the racetrack such as what you mentioned in your post (birds, helicopters).

Surface reflections were also removed in the rain, instead we have a puddle decal that is spammed across the asphalt. Visually, quite a few things were downgraded unfortunately.

I agree of the reason why 

26 minutes ago, SLR MattJXN said:

I honestly forgot about the helicopter until you mentioned it.  This is the last thing I would worry about regarding this game..

It's not something to necessarily worry about, but just another example of how much of a downgrade this years edition is in terms of extras.

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, marioho said:

As long as they keep the drone zipping up and down on the line at the start/finish straight, I'm in peace. 

I don’t think I have seen that in the game but I’ve never looked so 🤷‍♂️

AI on the helicopter was bugged, need to train that :P.  Anyway in my opinion this year game is like an half baked product; it's missing a lot of things and sadly details always make the difference.  I agree the tracks and atmosphere is even more flat now.

Edited by Jontk83

Can't lie I was expecting more for a PS5 AAA title. Where are the wing tip vortices. The car gradually getting dirty. 

Why in online races do the suit sponsors not show on the podiums??

Why can't they get my custom car livery correct every online race??

Why can't my pit crew have the same uniform. It's little touches like that, which make a game feel AAA. 

Trust me I could go on, but this game lacks serious polish. 

• Agree 2