Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G923 buttons mapped wrong

pcfreakxx

• A detailed description of the issue.
  • The menu buttons for the Logitech G923 wheel are mapped wrong.

The left and right trigger - which are supposed to be L2 and R2 - are mapped to OPTIONS and SHARE, which makes no sense. Also, it is impossible to reassign these buttons, as the game forbids to change menu buttons which are assigned by a preset for a wheel.

I tried everything but it doesn't work. Like this, the game just makes no fun at all because sometimes you get into situations where you need to press the OPTION button (instead of R2 as it should be) to go through menus but it always opens the settings dialogue which ich mapped to the same button.

• Report Code
  • MKHT-KCJJ-RAGM-EKBE
  • Platform?
  • PC
  • Game-mode?
  • All Modes
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
  • I tried reinstalling all software, repluging the wheel, resetting everything to default, some workarounds with the config files of the wheel,... nothing works
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • screenshot of the bindings, note how Left Trigger, Right Trigger and Start are wrong: attached to this post or see: https://ibb.co/L13hgHd
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  • I installed the game, plugged in the G923 and then in game the preset for G923 appeared. It's also reproducable, always happens if you plug in a G923.

Thank you!

G923.PNG

Edited by pcfreakxx
editorial

10 hours ago, pcfreakxx said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.
  • The menu buttons for the Logitech G923 wheel are mapped wrong.

The left and right trigger - which are supposed to be L2 and R2 - are mapped to OPTIONS and SHARE, which makes no sense. Also, it is impossible to reassign these buttons, as the game forbids to change menu buttons which are assigned by a preset for a wheel.

I tried everything but it doesn't work. Like this, the game just makes no fun at all because sometimes you get into situations where you need to press the OPTION button (instead of R2 as it should be) to go through menus but it always opens the settings dialogue which ich mapped to the same button.

• Report Code
  • MKHT-KCJJ-RAGM-EKBE
  • Platform?
  • PC
  • Game-mode?
  • All Modes
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
  • I tried reinstalling all software, repluging the wheel, resetting everything to default, some workarounds with the config files of the wheel,... nothing works
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • screenshot of the bindings, note how Left Trigger, Right Trigger and Start are wrong: attached to this post or see: https://ibb.co/L13hgHd
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
  • I installed the game, plugged in the G923 and then in game the preset for G923 appeared. It's also reproducable, always happens if you plug in a G923.

Thank you!

G923.PNG

Have you tried installing G hub and amending the scheme there?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, Jobling1983 said:

Have you tried installing G hub and amending the scheme there?

Yes, I tried everything. Without G-Hub, with different Logi Software, with G-Hub. Changed the settings in there. Reverted it... Everything one could imagine. But it was mapped wrong by Codemasters, they have to fix this ASAP!