Sign in to follow this  

AI on hard is easier than medium

Anyone else discover the AI is actually easier to race against on hard setting than medium. On medium they bunch up in corners and side swipe you.  Easier to get past them on hard setting..LOL

Kind of makes sense that might happen on easier AI. I started and am staying with hard for now and its true the AI get spaced after a couple of laps as they must be faster. Iv'e wanted to drop the difficulty a couple of times as Im not winning everything but I have resisted as Im sure Ill get faster and its good to be challenged to get better, Ill soon be on very hard LOL :)

I found the AI to be a bit too easy on Hard. First race I did (Touring Cars) I qualified over a second faster than McKane.

... Problem is, on Very Hard Ravenwest are half a second a lap faster than me. Then again, that's a good thing. The fact the AI are solid on the higher difficulties is a good thing. I shouldn't be thrashing them in a stock Cruze.

I might have to put the AI on Hard for endurance and tuner because they handed my ass to me in Tuner (I came 16th in a drift event haha, and 4th in a time attack after thrashing a nissan silvia around sepang. (top 4 separated by 0.3s) But yeah. The AI are very competitive.

How high does the difficulty go? I'm thinking I'll put it all the way up and finish where I finish. Would be interested in seeing how much getting to drive for faster teams would do for my finishing positions. Really make me learn the tracks and cars

Shinny said:
How high does the difficulty go? I'm thinking I'll put it all the way up and finish where I finish. Would be interested in seeing how much getting to drive for faster teams would do for my finishing positions. Really make me learn the tracks and cars
Goes up to very hard. The lap times that the AI does in very hard are pretty much as fast as the cars will possibly go. In my estimation, they're probably at 95% of what is possible. And the top drivers are consistent, and can maintain those lap times lap after lap after lap.

First time trial I did I was having trouble keeping up on Very Hard being about 1s off the pace. Then I suddenly nailed a lap and only missed out on First by 6 1/100ths of a second. Given a bit of practice that will melt away in no time. So I'd say Very Hard is an ok challenge for those with skills. They were all very well behaved as well, so I guess the AI suffers more as you go down the ranks ;)

Will definitely have to up it up VH. Hard is just too easy, especially if you use the practice session. Haven't tried medium to see if it's harder haha.

Medium is just a cluster.  There is no separation in the cars and it turns into one jumbled mess.  Good luck trying to be anything close to clean at that difficulty.

We just have to be a little patient while the talented folks in the community fix the A.I., and many other things, as they did for F1 2013.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/f1-2013-misc.77/

The AI is actually very good because their skills increase with the difficulty and their error rate goes down.

I started on Medium and it was a bit of a bash fest but hard is better.

Good info, I was thinking Medium was a little slow but its a cluster-f*ck at the back of the pack trying to move through traffic. I like to run the long races and it usually leave me out front with about 10-15 laps to go. Hard would hopefully make me chase them down all the way to the last few laps. 

with open wheel I can beat A.I hard for 1 second more or less in race and qualifying - It's perfect for me.
It's not possible to win if you start from the end of the grid.
With medium, you can win from last position and gain 5/8 seconds at end of the race

laughing hard OP. I must definitely be a novice at this game...