Jump to content Jump to content

Red Bull Japan Livery

Red Bull showed off their one-off livery that they would be running in japan using footage taken from the F1 Game. 

Does this mean it will be added to the game? would be weird if they added this livery and not the McLaren gulf for example

You know I wish they would add the one-off liveries into the game for the tracks that they were ran at so like if you wanted to you could run the Alfa Romeo Italian GP special at Italy and the McLaren Gulf car at Monaco

• Like 1

Why stop with the one offs only for one tracks? Improves replayability when you can change a third of the liveries (yeah Alfa is not very different) for a whole season, just the visual difference of seeing the Red Bull and McLaren liveries makes it more exciting if one is in his 7th or 8th season

2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Why stop with the one offs only for one tracks? Improves replayability when you can change a third of the liveries (yeah Alfa is not very different) for a whole season, just the visual difference of seeing the Red Bull and McLaren liveries makes it more exciting if one is in his 7th or 8th season

Your right and that would be cooler than what I suggested

3 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Wow, that's great. Never believed we would get alternate liveries.

Probably not worth the resources required in the past but that can easily change now that EA is the company that bankrolls F1 games. Look at their NHL games, those are their lowest budget yearly sports franchise and even they have like 15 jerseys for most NHL teams. Even the newest team Las Vegas has 4 jerseys to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Wow, that's great. Never believed we would get alternate liveries.

Probably not worth the resources required in the past but that can easily change now that EA is the company that bankrolls F1 games. Look at their NHL games, those are their lowest budget yearly sports franchise and even they have like 15 jerseys for most NHL teams. Even the newest team Las Vegas has 4 jerseys to choose from.

I wouldnt go that far.. modders have done that livery in a few hours yesterday after Red Bull announced it, its not thaaaat much work

• Agree 1

In the announcement for the new tracks, alongside Imola, there was abit for Sports Update (or something like that) which was car liveries and overall updates.  It's not too out-of-the-realms of possibility that alternative liveries will be available for certain teams. White Red Bull, whatever the Alpha will be, 007 Aston from Silverstone, Gulf McLaren, Italian Alfa.  So when you choose the teams, you have options of Livery A, Livery B, etc.  Could do a few older ones too. Silver Merc, Mugello Ferrari.     

Then again, I guess the question for if they'd do it would be 'why?'.  Particularly for Red Bull and Alpha having a special one at a track that'll never be raced in the game.

There are hundreds of creative designers who'd love to be able to mock up liveries for teams as well so it'd be nice to see something like that, but I imagine team image rights and consent would be a nightmare to navigate.  

2 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

In the announcement for the new tracks, alongside Imola, there was abit for Sports Update (or something like that) which was car liveries and overall updates.  It's not too out-of-the-realms of possibility that alternative liveries will be available for certain teams. White Red Bull, whatever the Alpha will be, 007 Aston from Silverstone, Gulf McLaren, Italian Alfa.  So when you choose the teams, you have options of Livery A, Livery B, etc.  Could do a few older ones too. Silver Merc, Mugello Ferrari.     

Then again, I guess the question for if they'd do it would be 'why?'.  Particularly for Red Bull and Alpha having a special one at a track that'll never be raced in the game.

There are hundreds of creative designers who'd love to be able to mock up liveries for teams as well so it'd be nice to see something like that, but I imagine team image rights and consent would be a nightmare to navigate.  

Well the "Sports liveries update" could be also translated into - the usual annual update to the liveries as the liveries can change (sponsors) in the season.. Id really like them to implement, Red Bull, Alpha, McLaren and Alfa one offs as choosable for each season (dont think the changes at Aston really matter to anyone, no color change or anything just a 007 lol) but after the past years and how they denied any work on the Guld livery im just not too hopefull lol

• Agree 1
32 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

I wouldnt go that far.. modders have done that livery in a few hours yesterday after Red Bull announced it, its not thaaaat much work

But coding in the option to change liveries is work. And Codemasters struggled to get F2 2020 liveries out last year.

Edited by Sector4
1 minute ago, Sector4 said:

But coding in the option to change liveries is work. And Codemasters struggled to get F2 2020 liveries out last year.

Yes the option is more work but cant be that much work, just add another layer between the car selection and the driver selection for GP mode and time trial (well no driver selection there lol) its not the most complicated thing to implement😉 And F2 last year was because of covid.. liveries were only on track in Juli

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Yes the option is more work but cant be that much work, just add another layer between the car selection and the driver selection for GP mode and time trial (well no driver selection there lol) its not the most complicated thing to implement😉 And F2 last year was because of covid.. liveries were only on track in Juli

Where I appreciate the work and talents of modders, remember that anything that goes into the game officially (especially things like this), have to go through a number of stakeholders with the teams, FOM and F1. In short, a lot of moving parts.

Not my area of work, but there will be challenges there that mods will fortunately not have to consider compared to the official release, for example. 

Also, don't worry, I didn't have anything to do with the livery implementation in game. Translation: It is really good. 

• Agree 3

My guess would be that Red Bull were actively involved in wanting this livery in the game - Red Bull probably made this happen, not Codemasters/EA. 

I’m sure Codies would love to put all the liveries in and give fans what they want, after all making great games is their passion. But without the team’s express approval and co-operation in making this happen it’s unlikely to happen. Codies can’t just do what they want.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Where I appreciate the work and talents of modders, remember that anything that goes into the game officially (especially things like this), have to go through a number of stakeholders with the teams, FOM and F1. In short, a lot of moving parts.

Not my area of work, but there will be challenges there that mods will fortunately not have to consider compared to the official release, for example. 

Also, don't worry, I didn't have anything to do with the livery implementation in game. Translation: It is really good. 

How will it work in game? Only at Japan?