Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 xbox one S not opening

Ajsam460

On 10/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, F1Red5 said:

I have a fix!!!!

Its the Insider Program.  Go to Home on Xbox, search for 'Insider', Go into the Insider Hub and Settings and leave the program, it will ask you a few times but just agree to everything.  Then reboot the Xbox.  Once the Xbox comes back up it will ask for a 4.4gb update. Install it.  Once its finished it will be like a new Xbox. Go through the setup again, sign in etc. Don't worry, all your games are still installed. Once finished setting up open up F1 2021. For me its now working!

😄

Once I restart my Xbox I don’t get a choice to download an update, any suggestions 

• Codemasters Staff

Hey folks, just a quick question, did anyone who has experienced this used the "Report a problem" feature within the Insider program to create a bug about this issue? This feature allows first party to receive any potential information around this issue directly. In the meantime, we will keep working with them towards a solution but the information that feature provides would be helpful. Thanks!

On 10/8/2021 at 9:26 PM, galeforce97 said:

I would like to add to this, I am on the original Xbox One. Had the same issue as shown here start today, I was playing on the wheel last night. Tried the solution suggested and no luck and as soon as I unplugged my wheel I could get it to start, as soon as I plug the wheel back in it starts flickering. I don't know if maybe the specific wheel could be relevant but I have a Thrustmaster TX with the 2012 Ferrari F1 hub.

I'm having the same issue, literally happened since Friday, checked everything, downloaded again. The wheel works fine on everything else, when you plug it in the main menu just flashes up no controller. Ruining my league races.

on my xbox one s there is a bug  that my g920 steering wheel causes the game to crash, every time i connect my wheel the game gives me a black screen then when the game comes back it says that there is no controller connected and then another black screen over and over again until i unplug my wheel. how can this happen?

• Codemasters Staff

@BillionScroll07 @SennaHazeveld I believe you are both experiencing the same issue as described in here. Are both of you part of the Xbox Preview/Insider program? If you are, there should be a "Report a problem" button that will enable you to report an issue with Microsoft when this happens. Other's within this thread have found a solution that looks to have worked for them so take a quick look through and decide if it is something you want to do.  

On 10/9/2021 at 1:18 AM, muzzle01 said:

[SOLVED] Same happens to me on Xbox One S with Thrustmaster TS-XW with the same symptoms as OP precisely as shown in the videos.

Update: As later posters have suggested, this problem was resolved for me by closing my Xbox Insiders account. I had previously had the insider program on my Xbox but not at the time when the error was occurring. Here's what I did.

• Home > Search
  • Type xbox insider
  • Install the program
  • Launch the program
  • There is a setting in the program (can't recall exactly where) to Close Account
  • Select Close Account and confirm
  • You'll be returned to the home screen and moments later the console will prompt you to install a console update.

The console update is something like reinstalling the operating system so you have to go through the console setup after the update is complete. But no files or settings are lost.

Just now, Milkaholic2005 said:

This won’t work for me I close the account and nothing happens, is there any other information required possibly a tutorial would be nice 

On 10/9/2021 at 1:18 AM, muzzle01 said:

[SOLVED] Same happens to me on Xbox One S with Thrustmaster TS-XW with the same symptoms as OP precisely as shown in the videos.

Update: As later posters have suggested, this problem was resolved for me by closing my Xbox Insiders account. I had previously had the insider program on my Xbox but not at the time when the error was occurring. Here's what I did.

• Home > Search
  • Type xbox insider
  • Install the program
  • Launch the program
  • There is a setting in the program (can't recall exactly where) to Close Account
  • Select Close Account and confirm
  • You'll be returned to the home screen and moments later the console will prompt you to install a console update.

The console update is something like reinstalling the operating system so you have to go through the console setup after the update is complete. But no files or settings are lost.

Tried this fix, DIDN'T work, has anyone else fixed this problem yet? Xbox one and logitech G920 wheel

On 10/11/2021 at 8:07 PM, SennaHazeveld said:

on my xbox one s there is a bug  that my g920 steering wheel causes the game to crash, every time i connect my wheel the game gives me a black screen then when the game comes back it says that there is no controller connected and then another black screen over and over again until i unplug my wheel. how can this happen?

this is my exact issue! it hasn't always done this, its been for the past week or so!

same here,i downloaded an ipdate for my xbox in the morning then after i wanted to play f1 2021,all of a sudden it have a problem with make my screen flicker and not launch properly @codemasters please fix this cuz we are all begging to play it again with our g920s and wheels with the new track imola and the new red bull design 

I managed to fix it, I loaded up the xbox insider hub and under account I think, you can see what xbox consoles you have linked to the insider hub, I clicked the red x and this deleted my console, I then followed the steps to close my account, that were posted on here. My xbox then came up with an update, it updated and the issue is now fixed.