Jump to content Jump to content

What is your My Team name?


Badmayhem

Recommended Posts

I went with the boringly obvious Smoky Atom Racing with a horrible purple livery for the first quick run-through the first races while I was waiting for the game to be patched to kinda work.

Then went with Team Lotus F1 for the two 10-season sim sessions. The livery was black with yellow detailing and I thought it looked okay...ish. 

My actual My Team when I start it will be RenauIt F1 (the L has to be a capital i for it to work).  The primary colour will be yellow and then alternate colours will be sponsor dependant with some black thrown in. 

That's unless I have an epiphany about a different team. Last year I had Jaguar and Aston Martin who were both green based liveries.  This year i'd decided on yellow as there's an absence of that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

  This year i'd decided on yellow as there's an absence of that.  

Kinda have a colour issue as my favourite colour is McLaren orange.  Which means my car and team colours are normally this colour. So quick glances at the track map are not so quick when all you can see is 4 identical orange arrows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Kinda have a colour issue as my favourite colour is McLaren orange.  Which means my car and team colours are normally this colour. So quick glances at the track map are not so quick when all you can see is 4 identical orange arrows

I have a similar issue when it comes to F2. Campos is Orange and Prema are Red.  Nice and easy to tell the difference... but then MP come along with their weird shade of tangerine and it becomes nigh-impossible for me to tell which driver is where between the 3 shades at first glance. No idea why. 

I think McLaren will now stick with Papaya but if they went with a different colour then i'd be quite enthusiastic to have an orange liveried car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I have a similar issue when it comes to F2. Campos is Orange and Prema are Red.  Nice and easy to tell the difference... but then MP come along with their weird shade of tangerine and it becomes nigh-impossible for me to tell which driver is where between the 3 shades at first glance. No idea why. 

I think McLaren will now stick with Papaya but if they went with a different colour then i'd be quite enthusiastic to have an orange liveried car. 

When I was a kid I used to hate McLaren simply because I hated Marlboro livery... 

Orange has always been their brands colour as far as I know... And now their brand is know for being a major player producing super cars I imagine they will stick with orange and not base liveries on their sponsors colours

Do miss lotus jps livery 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

It's okay but ugh, it's just a damn shame with all these limited options when even on console you can still open GT and just make the damn thing (not mine)

FBeepNhXEAEVOzp.jpg.312ecd532467a01a3f9ac3a8028ca767.jpg

 

I think it’s about the only thing about the game that actually frustrates me.   Esp when games like need for speed when they went street had livery editors with all the bells and whistles..  nfs shift I spent hours sketching and skewing... and being able to add real world automotive decals.   And pretty much every racing game has the same.  So it can’t be hard to add one

And really annoys me how **** a lot of the sponsor decals look and don’t fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I think it’s about the only thing about the game that actually frustrates me.   Esp when games like need for speed when they went street had livery editors with all the bells and whistles..  nfs shift I spent hours sketching and skewing... and being able to add real world automotive decals.   And pretty much every racing game has the same.  So it can’t be hard to add one

And really annoys me how **** a lot of the sponsor decals look and don’t fit

For the life of me I cant understand why there are no engine decals! The world may never know! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish we could have more sponsors as well. However nice you make the livery, on the replays the car always looks out of place because the real cars have so many stickers all over and the player car looks bare by comparison.  Too many if the sponsor's logos are just their name written out as well, we need some more cool logo graphics amongst the sponsors that we can plaster all over the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I wanted to name mine "Lotus-Renault" recently, but oddly enough the game thinks that "Renault" is not allowed? Is this really intentional, I phatom when you have engine manufacturers in the game with 4 names that these very 4 names should not be blocked as teamnames? Anyone from the dev team @BarryBL, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, 2Pacalypse said:

These are my Multiplayer cars.

In MyTeam i use several historical Teams like Lotus or Benetton 

17d9465b59a82-screenshotUrl.jpg

17d94655f0364-screenshotUrl.jpg

17d94652ec242-screenshotUrl.jpg

This reminds me of an idea Codemasters could implement for future games, that we could create our own championship with our teams and drivers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, Schneehase said:

I wanted to name mine "Lotus-Renault" recently, but oddly enough the game thinks that "Renault" is not allowed? Is this really intentional, I phatom when you have engine manufacturers in the game with 4 names that these very 4 names should not be blocked as teamnames? Anyone from the dev team @BarryBL, please?

It's been a while since you posted this so you may have resolved it but to get around the Renault issue, I just replaced the l with a capital i and it looks like I so passable.

You notice it sometimes when it uses all CAPS but it's better than nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

You notice it sometimes when it uses all CAPS but it's better than nothing. 

Yup, i did exactly that by then, but I could not get myself to like it as a solution 🙂 Besides, it worked earlier so why not now? Looks like some overdone setting to me. Excluding the names of the 4 engine manufacturers we have makes no sense to me at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Yup, i did exactly that by then, but I could not get myself to like it as a solution 🙂 Besides, it worked earlier so why not now? Looks like some overdone setting to me. Excluding the names of the 4 engine manufacturers we have makes no sense to me at all.

Cannot agree more. You sometimes think it takes more effort to insert measures to block people using these things than it does to just allow people to use their creativity to it's fullest. 

Just add it to the tally of things that seem to be designed to inconvenience the average player... 🤐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...