Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACAT (Any Car Any Track)

This was an awsome mod for dirt2/3. This would essentially be equivelent of increasing the games content at least 4 fold by allowing different combinations with VERY LITTLE EFFORT FROM CODIES. would make the game 10x better, I want to drive up pikes peak in the m3... Do it.

Was mentioned before soooooooooo maaaaaaany tiiiiiiiimes, unfortunately always no response. So someone doesn't care at all.

Pioy said:
Was mentioned before soooooooooo maaaaaaany tiiiiiiiimes, unfortunately always no response. So someone doesn't care at all.
wrong.
response from the devs was that it's not possible because of licensing issues.

btw: search the forums before you open threads about stuff that has been posted 10000000000 times before.

I personally would like to see some aspects of the games unlocked (mainly take any car available except the RX cars up Pike's Peak).  I don't think taking all cars everywhere works they aren't meant to do that, however, with Pike's Peak having a multi class structure you should be able to take up any car.

Dique said:
Pioy said:
wrong.
response from the devs was that it's not possible because of licensing issues.

btw: search the forums before you open threads about stuff that has been posted 10000000000 times before.
Oh no really???

Well than they have to sit down on the table again and make a new asignment.
I would love to see that mod coming. I had so much fun with it in Dirt 3.

By the way: They could also change or at least copy the online structure from Dirt 3.
With stages in wich you can drive after another or as gohsts at the same time.

Than there could also be more tracks for RX. The tracks they do have now are getting boaring
way to fast. I would love to see some tracks from Dirt 3 or at least new tracks.

I know this is more a different topic but I wanted to leave it anyway. :)

See you on the track. :)

If Codemasters indeed can't do this themselves for licencing reasons, at least they could add a simple (series of) switch(es) for modders to do exactly that.

Simple approach, everyone happy :)

The licencing excuse only holds water for the RX cars and tracks, and maybe a few other small exceptions. There are a lot of combinations that would not present licencing issues.

Some guy made test acat for Dirt Rally
And some another options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJl7631Yq5Q