Jump to content Jump to content

Everything that is expected to be arriving next week in F1 2021

I am starting this so that we all could get a better understanding of what will be coming in the update(s) next week. I don’t know everything that is confirmed for next week but from what I have read and saw, these are the things that I know that will be coming next week:

• The fix for the online desync issues
  • The fix for what I’m calling the Carlos 🅱️invasion 
  • The Red Bull Turkish GP Honda tribute livery

Now that’s all I know about what will be coming so if anyone else knows what is confirmed, feel free to add to this!

I also did a little more digging and found that @BarryBL said that they were targeting 1.12 to fix the Ferrari wheel glitch so that may or may not be coming next week 

Edited by GoSuarez99
I found something else

How about fixing force feedback cut outs? Its impossible to play the game that I paid 75 quid for when they cant even add functionality for one of the worlds leading sim wheel manufacturers. 

3 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Next week's confirmed by who?

Next week patch was highly suggested by BarryBL.. He said early to mid of the week, but he didnt say much about what would be in but the Red Bull livery is officially confirmed for next week

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Next week patch was highly suggested by BarryBL.. He said early to mid of the week, but he didnt say much about what would be in but the Red Bull livery is officially confirmed for next week

ok, thanks for the information.

Doesn't codemasters always release one patch per month?

22 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

ok, thanks for the information.

Doesn't codemasters always release one patch per month?

No, they did like 3 in August.. And as Barry and PJTierney loved to emphasize that there are more weeks left of October its unlikely that Imola will come next week but rather with a patch around 18th or 25th

• Like 1

If the ability to turn off driver transfers is not included in the next update then I'm going to throw my pc out of the window. 

I just want to start my career mode. It's been three months. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Meza994 said:

No, they did like 3 in August.. And as Barry and PJTierney loved to emphasize that there are more weeks left of October its unlikely that Imola will come next week but rather with a patch around 18th or 25th

i haven't asked for Imola. but thanks for letting me know 😄

Why do we want or need a Red Bull Turkey livery? They should focus on fixing those annoying shadows on the tyres and bodywork. Or fix the performance gaps between each teams which leads to the same qualifying results race in, race out.

• Agree 2
23 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Why do we want or need a Red Bull Turkey livery? They should focus on fixing those annoying shadows on the tyres and bodywork. Or fix the performance gaps between each teams which leads to the same qualifying results race in, race out.

First of all the little spots on tires matter more than real issues? Okay to each his own.. And if you look at the normal qualifyings it is often the same drivers in the same spots.. The AI doesnt alsways do the same laptimes in quali and can have different results, the problem with exaggerating this is that it would also lead to very unrealistic results which other players would fume over like with the driver transfers.. Things could have been done differently, e.g. the way Codemasters balance the car performances doesnt help, but its not easy and they got different things to do at the moment.. Qualifying pace and race pace being differentiated would help in future games but as it is we dont have that and if theyd make the gaps smaller then it would always be a huge DRS train

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

First of all the little spots on tires matter more than real issues? Okay to each his own.. And if you look at the normal qualifyings it is often the same drivers in the same spots.. The AI doesnt alsways do the same laptimes in quali and can have different results, the problem with exaggerating this is that it would also lead to very unrealistic results which other players would fume over like with the driver transfers.. Things could have been done differently, e.g. the way Codemasters balance the car performances doesnt help, but its not easy and they got different things to do at the moment.. Qualifying pace and race pace being differentiated would help in future games but as it is we dont have that and if theyd make the gaps smaller then it would always be a huge DRS train

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The outrage from others if they didn't put in this livery, lol. 

Anyway it's a promotional tool for Red Bull, F1 and the game, I don't see how people could have a problem with it really. 

• Agree 3
18 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

What platform are you on? On PS4 they're quite a pita...

PC.. i noticed them a little but i really dont look a lot on my tires lol i just look at the track/mfd/car in front.. i get that it can be bothering but its really not the biggest issue the game has and im saying this as a only single player guy lol online really got it bad this year

2 hours ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Why not both, the livery and the fixes ?

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Well, that's not true, because the patch won't come out until next week (this week) Barry suggested that the patch will come out on October 18.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I do have a more substantial update here on the quality of life on Multiplayer, especially since 1.10.

1. The first part of this update is that we have a fix for the key desync issue seen in the PSGL footage (and other leagues) where the session host becomes laggy and positional information for all players gradually deteriorates. This can impair the host of large sessions in certain circumstances (i.e. it is not every session all of the time). A fix for this has been approved by our QA team and is scheduled for release in our next patch, v1.12.
  2. In the interests of transparency, our next objective for the team is the red X issue that seems to affect some sessions on Steam where one of the players fails to communicate their position to one or more other players in the session. This one is still in testing phase (as the desync was our priority) and working towards a solution on this one. I'll be setting up a thread specifically for this issue as we may need further feedback, and also want to see your experiences of this issue.

I understand and empathise the frustration that the Multiplayer Community has had over the past few weeks, the challenges you have faced and we thank you for your patience. If you run into a issue, I've been asked by the developers to be specific about the issues that you are facing. This allows us to track down the problems more effectively. I will go through the Master Thread today and separate by issue as this is helpful for developers, alongside report codes and videos too. 

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

@Pawel567where did Barry suggest October 18?

He wrote that he doesn't expect a patch any sooner than the beginning/middle of the week and patches usually come out on Mondays (11.10) and Thursdays (14.10) so most likely it will be on October 18 and you should prepare for that date. Nothing earlier or later.

Just now, Pawel567 said:

He wrote that he doesn't expect a patch any sooner than the beginning/middle of the week and patches usually come out on Mondays (11.10) and Thursdays (14.10) so most likely it will be on October 18 and you should prepare for that date. Nothing earlier or later.

Wait.. How are you jumping from 11.10 to 18.? Barry literally described 11.-14. as the realistic patch day😂

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Meza994 said:

Wait.. How are you jumping from 11.10 to 18.? Barry literally described 11.-14. as the realistic patch day😂

Read this sentence 10 times

"Realistically, and in the interest of transparency, I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week as there are still things that are being added/reviewed/fixed for the patch. "

He wrote that not before these dates and as far as I know they are still working on these patches so for 99% the patch will come out on 18 October

5 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

Read this sentence 10 times

"Realistically, and in the interest of transparency, I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week as there are still things that are being added/reviewed/fixed for the patch. "

He wrote that not before these dates and as far as I know they are still working on these patches so for 99% the patch will come out on 18 October

By your logic it could be the 21. as much as 18. or 14. ... He predicts it to be available 11.-14. of course no guarantee but literally not saying 18th haha but in the interest of us players they should take as much time as they need to get rid of all bugs coming with the patch haha

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

By your logic it could be the 21. as much as 18. or 14. ... He predicts it to be available 11.-14. of course no guarantee but literally not saying 18th haha but in the interest of us players they should take as much time as they need to get rid of all bugs coming with the patch haha

I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week

This sentence denies that the patch is due to come out on 11-14 October.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Pawel567 said:

I don't predict the patch to be available until Early-Mid next week

This sentence denies that the patch is due to come out on 11-14 October.

Now i get your problem with this, its the english, what he means with this "until early" is before that, so it wont be out before 11.-14.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • PJTierney changed the title to Everything that is expected to be arriving next week in F1 2021