Sign in to follow this  

If you were in charge of F1...

Personal ideas:

Obviously, F1 is too expensive, for teams and fans. The objective would be to lower it, even if that means FOM's profits decrease.

1) Spread the TV prize money more evenly between teams, so at least all teams get a share, and it's less exponential towards the top teams.

2) Further reduce windtunnel usage. This is one of the most expensive elements of F1. Maybe also reduce CFD use.

3) Encourage teams to set up depots/bases in Asia to help with personnel/haulage, especially for fly-aways.

3.1) If 3) goes through, split the season into 2 halves, one in Asia, Australasia, Africa, the other in Europe, Americas. This would reduce transport & milage so reduces cost.

4) Reduce race hosting fees so tickets cost less/ circuits break even/make a marginal profit.

4.1) Encourage circuits to amalgamate events, eg. host live music gigs or other attractions nearby to increase ticket sales.

5) Add a cap to the amount of sponsorship that can be brought as part of a drivers contract/ drivers as a sponsors contract. Simply reduces the volume of pay-drivers or allows teams to pick out more talent.

6) Homogenise fuel development. Stupid amounts get spent on it & costs masses for teams...

@ukfan758‌ obviously you can't take criticism. Or use a forum of dissuasion for just that... Discussion. Sorry you're feelings got hurt welcome to the internet. I think you're ideas are bad so I said so and back it up with reasons. Obviously you aren't that confident in your ideas or you'd have some justification for them but you don't instead you go on a ridiculous rant that has nothing to do with anything and added nothing. Let me know how the "v1" works for you. You wanna make fun me for "Stone Age" ideas except all of your ideas came from an era of F1 that we've left behind... So who's being a Neanderthal now?

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
@ukfan758. Thank you so much for the laughs. Post of the year right there.
Just go to the lab!

(which lab?  :-?? )
What ?
ukfan told you to go to the lab.
No, I was telling my self to go to the lab. 

@ukfan758‌ obviously you can't take criticism. Or use a forum of dissuasion for just that... Discussion. Sorry you're feelings got hurt welcome to the internet. I think you're ideas are bad so I said so and back it up with reasons. Obviously you aren't that confident in your ideas or you'd have some justification for them but you don't instead you go on a ridiculous rant that has nothing to do with anything and added nothing. Let me know how the "v1" works for you. You wanna make fun me for "Stone Age" ideas except all of your ideas came from an era of F1 that we've left behind... So who's being a Neanderthal now?

Dear, @Chadwick8505 and @mike96 and everyone else on this forum,

I'm sorry for being an arrogant, ignorant pri*k and worthless piece of s*** on this forum that went on a rant. I offer my upmost apologies to everyone on this forum. I am sorry that I am not confident in my ideas and have no justification for them and instead went on a rant. The v1 was not good and I also apologize for making fun of you about your ideas and being a hypocrite. I am sorry for everything. Will you please accept my apology?

PS. I am a neanderthal! LONG LIVE NEANDERTHALS!!!! :P

Gotta say, I wasn't a big fan of your suggestions either @ukfan758, but I did like your idea of reversing DRS, so that cars could only use it when they weren't within a second of the car ahead. 
If we're stuck with DRS, then I'd prefer to see it used that way to keep the field a bit more bunched up.

I will try again for my improvements, this as my improvements, I thought long and hard about them so here they are:

• To keep the costs down, have a cost cap.
  • Allow innovations to make F1 look attractive and interesting (sort of like Le Mans is doing)  
  • Make the entrance fees for F1 lower so that more teams will want to join. 
  • Make the calendar 18 races, with a week separating each grand prix. Thus the off season being 16 weeks or about 3 months. This would prevent the teams from begin exhausted from traveling every week. The only disadvantage is that the off season might be shorter and the summer break would be removed. 
  • Reverse the one second rule of DRS, you must be at least 1 second or more behind the car of the next position. Drivers must naturally overtake instead of DRS helping them. DRS will be used instead to allow drivers to catch up and it will make the racing closer. 
  • Get rid of the standing start restarts, these could be potentially expensive if a crash occurs or if a clutch or whatever it's called fails/breaks. 
  • Scrap the gimmicky Pirelli tires and use tires that only have to be changed once in the race and are durable. There would only be standard dry tires (none of this super soft, soft, medium, hard compound gimmicks), intermediate rain tires, and wet tires. Less tires being used would help save costs. 
  • Get rid of the double points for the season finale. 
  • Even further limit the amount of parts that can be used (like 5 engines a season)
  • To make the cars more powerful and faster, remove the fuel flow limit but make the tank smaller. Cars could refuel (its safe for 2014, many series do it without problems like NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Le Mans, IndyCar). This would cost more however.
Calendar: The season would be divided into regions:

Asia/Oceania: 
1. Australia, Albert Park
2. Malaysia, Sepang
3. Japan, Suzuka Circuit & Fuji (would switch off every other year)

North and South America and 1 Europe race: 
4. Canada, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
5. USA, Circuit of the Americas, Long Beach Street Circuit, & Port Imperial Street Circuit (would switch every year)
6. Monaco
7. Mexico, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
8. Brazil, Interlagos

Middle East: 
9. Bahrain, Bahrain International Circuit
10. UAE, Yas Marina Circuit

Europe: 
11. Spain, Circuit de Catalunya
12. Austria, Red Bull Ring 
13. Germany, Hockingheimring
14. Hungary, Hungaroring
15. Belgium, Spa Francochamps
16. Italy, Monza
17. Russia, Sochi Olympic Park Circuit
18. England, Silverstone

Why does refuelling not get the same criticism that DRS and KERS does? Having a light(er) fuel load and passing someone who is on a heavier fuel load is just as artificial as passing someone by opening up your rear wing.

Why does refuelling not get the same criticism that DRS and KERS does? Having a light(er) fuel load and passing someone who is on a heavier fuel load is just as artificial as passing someone by opening up your rear wing.
Because nearly all forms of motorsport have refueling and its not an artificial overtaking mechanism. 

"Because everyone else does it" isn't exactly a sound argument.

I'm just saying that it's standard in most racing series. It's not seen as an artificial overtaking mechanism.

What about mandatory pit stop windows? They allow for some strategic variation (undercutting/staying out longer), and enable drivers to push flat out through the entire race.

yugin96 said:
What about mandatory pit stop windows? They allow for some strategic variation (undercutting/staying out longer), and enable drivers to push flat out through the entire race.
But what will become of Force India?

This is a serious point I've brought up a couple of times (not here) and gets shot down "beacause STRATEGY!". The problem with that is, we have tyres to bring in strategy, re-fuelling is less safe than tyres (unless they're Pirellis from last summer) and adds really artificial and easy overtakes fro drivers on low fuel

the only thing i would change is to change the BI-Turbo & the Enging to either a V8 2.4 liter engine maybe even give it more power boost up the rpms to 20 000 and a track i would add is Circuit de la sarthe