Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to join any multiplayer sessions using specific online accounts


istee104
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • A detailed description of the issue:
    I'm unable to join any online lobby, be it ranked, social or weekly event race since 9th of October. Everything worked until then, even on the previous day. I'm able to see the available sessions in Social play, but when I try to join any of the lobbies, I get stuck on the Joining Session... screen. Sometimes it ends up giving an error that it failed to connect to the session, and when that popup goes away, even the menu doesn't come back, so I have to ALT+F4 out. It's the same when I try to join a Ranked lobby.
  • Report Code: KCJG-XGGB-BVRE-VKMG
  • Platform: PC, Steam version
  • Game-mode: Every online mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? Doesn't matter.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? No.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    So far I've tried resetting my router, I even loaded back the original firmware (I was using openwrt before that), tried a different router, tried playing from mobile data through the hotspot from my phone. Also opened up every port listed in every troubleshooting guide, to no avail. Installed every windows update available, installed the latest GPU driver, reinstalled Steam and reinstalled the game itself. Nothing worked. I've tried playing F1 2020 Online and that works at least, so I'm fairly confident that it is not my PC, router or any of my setup that is responsible for this issue, not to mention that everything worked fine 2 days ago.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.
    No.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    Just try to join any multiplayer mode.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
19 hours ago, istee104 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue:
    I'm unable to join any online lobby, be it ranked, social or weekly event race since 9th of October. Everything worked until then, even on the previous day. I'm able to see the available sessions in Social play, but when I try to join any of the lobbies, I get stuck on the Joining Session... screen. Sometimes it ends up giving an error that it failed to connect to the session, and when that popup goes away, even the menu doesn't come back, so I have to ALT+F4 out. It's the same when I try to join a Ranked lobby.
  • Report Code: KCJG-XGGB-BVRE-VKMG
  • Platform: PC, Steam version
  • Game-mode: Every online mode
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? Doesn't matter.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? No.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    So far I've tried resetting my router, I even loaded back the original firmware (I was using openwrt before that), tried a different router, tried playing from mobile data through the hotspot from my phone. Also opened up every port listed in every troubleshooting guide, to no avail. Installed every windows update available, installed the latest GPU driver, reinstalled Steam and reinstalled the game itself. Nothing worked. I've tried playing F1 2020 Online and that works at least, so I'm fairly confident that it is not my PC, router or any of my setup that is responsible for this issue, not to mention that everything worked fine 2 days ago.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.
    No.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    Just try to join any multiplayer mode.

Is this across all lobbies? 

May want to try the troubleshooting here: Connection Issues Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting - Codemasters Community+

Also, maybe a reinstall somewhere. Do you have mods installed to the game? (Like a livery or a helmet or something)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Is this across all lobbies? 

May want to try the troubleshooting here: Connection Issues Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting - Codemasters Community+

Also, maybe a reinstall somewhere. Do you have mods installed to the game? (Like a livery or a helmet or something)

Yes, it is across all lobbies, I can't join ANY online session.

As I've stated it in my original report, I've tried all of the troubleshooting guides, went above and beyond, even tried a different router, wired, wireless, even with a mobile hotspot and nothing seems to matter. There are other reports like mine, stating the exact same thing that I'm experiencing, the same bug was reported in F1 2020 too. I'm convinced that the issue is not my side, it has to be server/account related. One day the game was working, a day later it doesn't.

I don't have any mods installed, never had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
49 minutes ago, istee104 said:

Yes, it is across all lobbies, I can't join ANY online session.

As I've stated it in my original report, I've tried all of the troubleshooting guides, went above and beyond, even tried a different router, wired, wireless, even with a mobile hotspot and nothing seems to matter. There are other reports like mine, stating the exact same thing that I'm experiencing, the same bug was reported in F1 2020 too. I'm convinced that the issue is not my side, it has to be server/account related. One day the game was working, a day later it doesn't.

I don't have any mods installed, never had.

I understand the frustration, need to eliminate option for developers. Can you:

  1. Load into the game
  2. Select 'Game Options' and note down the Report Code (In Red) at the bottom left of the screen. *This is Important*
  3. Attempt to join a Online Unranked Session, triggering the 'Failed to Join Session' message
  4. Let me know the Report Code and I'll get this passed to the network team.
  5. Also, as a extra, can you message me your Steam username/ID and I'll check for any issues on our Online Services with your account. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Thanks for the response @istee104 in my DM's. 

The network team are looking at your report code now. From the code, it looks like there is a connectivity issue. Basically, your connection is timing out (Did you ever see a NM7 error code at all?). So you are trying to send a "hello" message to the host, the host didn't respond, the client timed out.

The version of the game is the same as everyone else, and it seemed that this began Friday around 11pm. Can you check you are on the latest version of Steam (there was a recent update) and also go through the troubleshooting on Steam here: Steam Support :: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity (steampowered.com) and come back to me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the response @istee104 in my DM's. 

The network team are looking at your report code now. From the code, it looks like there is a connectivity issue. Basically, your connection is timing out (Did you ever see a NM7 error code at all?). So you are trying to send a "hello" message to the host, the host didn't respond, the client timed out.

The version of the game is the same as everyone else, and it seemed that this began Friday around 11pm. Can you check you are on the latest version of Steam (there was a recent update) and also go through the troubleshooting on Steam here: Steam Support :: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity (steampowered.com) and come back to me.

 

I can't recall seeing NM7, but I do remember seeing NM14 before, although that was only occasionally and just with a few lobbies. I know what timing out means, and I understand that sometimes it happens, but to get timeouts from every host is just ridiculous, especially when the network indicator in the game shows good connectivity to most lobbies. Again, F1 2020 works without an issue, everything else works without an issue.

I am on the latest version of Steam, I have actually reinstalled it over the weekend to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. I opened up every port the Steam guide listed, turned off every security measure I could, and I still have the same problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 minute ago, istee104 said:

Now the game actually crashes when I try to start the weekly event. Sent the crash report via the games dialog.

Do have a crash dump file there? 

Where can I find crash dumps, dxdiags, save files and hardware setting files?

How to find a crash dump

·         Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory. (Might want to be more clear on the process for this as it implies very hit and miss directions)

·         You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Do have a crash dump file there? 

Where can I find crash dumps, dxdiags, save files and hardware setting files?

How to find a crash dump

·         Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory. (Might want to be more clear on the process for this as it implies very hit and miss directions)

·         You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

I've actually tried several times now, and I can consistantly reproduce the crash. If I start the game and go straight into the session browser in online unranked, try to join a lobby, cancel it after about 10 seconds (if it doesn't load by that time, then it's not going to load), then I try starting the weekly event from the main menu and then it crashes. If I go first on the weekly event, right after starting the game, then the weekly event is started successfully. After that, it can be started without an issue even if I try to join an online lobby, until I restart the game of course.

crash_dump#807588-20210914-210408-0.zip crash_dump#807588-20211011-175543-0.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BarryBL I got an email that you sent a reply to my NM14 comment, it started with "This may also be useful. From our network team, NM14 error code is when you are removed from the lobby via Steam. Some extra troubleshooting here: Fix...", but your reply doesn't actually show up here. Could you send it again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, istee104 said:

@BarryBL I got an email that you sent a reply to my NM14 comment, it started with "This may also be useful. From our network team, NM14 error code is when you are removed from the lobby via Steam. Some extra troubleshooting here: Fix...", but your reply doesn't actually show up here. Could you send it again?

Some extra things to try @istee104. Can you run Steam as administrator by:

Windows > Steam > Right Click > Open File Location > Shortcut > adding '-tcp' at the end of the target location, and loading up and trying again for me please.  Will end up looking like this.

image.png

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Some extra things to try @istee104. Can you run Steam as administrator by:

Windows > Steam > Right Click > Open File Location > Shortcut > adding '-tcp' at the end of the target location, and loading up and trying again for me please.  Will end up looking like this.

image.png

No luck unfortunately, same outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Could try some of the things here: Fixed: Could Not Connect to Steam Network [Complete Guide] (partitionwizard.com), but these are not official recommendations.

Issue is its such a small sample size of players affected. If this was truly game related, it would, in theory, affect everyone, or at least many many more people. Can you post a DXDiag, maybe its a PC issue somewhere.

Have you made ANY system changes at all since Friday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Could try some of the things here: Fixed: Could Not Connect to Steam Network [Complete Guide] (partitionwizard.com), but these are not official recommendations.

Issue is its such a small sample size of players affected. If this was truly game related, it would, in theory, affect everyone, or at least many many more people. Can you post a DXDiag, maybe its a PC issue somewhere.

Have you made ANY system changes at all since Friday?

I understand that it is a small sample size, and I know how difficult it makes this, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't (or can't) be fixed. Others have posted this same issue on various occasions, even people from Xbox and Playstation, even with F1 2020.

I have not made any changes since Friday.

DxDiag.txt

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had done another thread, but since mine was not answered, and i got the same problem as my friend Istee104, here is my report code:

 

"Hi. Since yesterday (october 9th) i can't join any session from F1 2021 (Platform: PC - Steam).

I tried to join social lobbies, ranked sessions, leagues, and i just could not join.

Edit: I already tried the following:

- Verify game files
- Restart modem and pc
- Unlink steam account from codemasters

And nothing solved the problem, which is still there, since i can't connect to any lobby, social or ranked."

Report Code: GEST-BDBX-XJSB-DKMG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, istee104 said:

I understand that it is a small sample size, and I know how difficult it makes this, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't (or can't) be fixed. Others have posted this same issue on various occasions, even people from Xbox and Playstation, even with F1 2020.

I have not made any changes since Friday.

DxDiag.txt 123.25 kB · 1 download

Please post mainboard model - ASUS ????

Uninstall Armoury Crate / AURA as it has been known to cause issues. Most RGB software is terrible. Please post crash dump as suggested by @BarryBL 

3rd party AV? Uninstall and revert to Windows Defender (I don't like exceptions, I don't like 3rd party firewalls either - problem is with connectivity it seems reasonable).

There does seem to be a perceived / received wisdom about running Steam or games elevated - this is unnecessary and points to a system configuration issue rather than anything else. I've played this game in child accounts and with UAC at standard and have not needed to elevate at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Please post mainboard model - ASUS ????

Uninstall Armoury Crate / AURA as it has been known to cause issues. Most RGB software is terrible. Please post crash dump as suggested by @BarryBL 

3rd party AV? Uninstall and revert to Windows Defender (I don't like exceptions, I don't like 3rd party firewalls either - problem is with connectivity it seems reasonable).

There does seem to be a perceived / received wisdom about running Steam or games elevated - this is unnecessary and points to a system configuration issue rather than anything else. I've played this game in child accounts and with UAC at standard and have not needed to elevate at all.

I have tried installing the game on my laptop last night, which has no Asus software on it, also no 3rd party antivirus/firewall, just a basic windows install, and the result is the same on there too, unable to join any online session.

Furthermore, as I said previously, I have not changed anything on my PC and the game was running without issue even with those 2 apps running in the background a day earlier. Also going to mention again that F1 2020 runs fine too.

I've tried to eliminate network issues by using 5 different configurations (wired, wireless, both with a different router, mobile hotspot), none mattered. I have opened up every port suggested in every forum, none mattered. I have reinstalled the whole game, reinstalled Steam, tried other various suggestions, nothing worked. I can actually reproduce a crash consistently, which is related to my issue. Tried a different laptop to eliminate my PC being the culprit. Did not matter. So sorry if I've lost my patience, but I'm not going to uninstall my antivirus, nor Armoury Crate.

I've spent half of my weekend trying to debug this thing, and still nobody admits that it might be a fault on the server side, or some other configuration issue unrelated to my setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Hi @istee104,

We have checked to see if it is a issue on the server side, and came back with:

  • Personally checked your account on Online Services, all working as expected.
  • Checked the report code you added in my DM's (thanks btw). The feedback was "Connection timed out, user probably saw NM7 error. The client tried to send a "hello" message to the host, the host didn't respond, the client timed out". This heavily suggests its not a game related issue here.
  • We did detect a small spike of errors affecting our PC players at 22:00 on Oct 8. However, the numbers immediately returned to normal after this
  • We are continuing to investigate, and the network team are going to come back to me today with any extra troubleshooting, however, 3rd party Anti-virus software has been the culprit before. Bitdefender users see the same problem, and had to create a exemption (or remove it in most cases) for it to work. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @istee104,

We have checked to see if it is a issue on the server side, and came back with:

  • Personally checked your account on Online Services, all working as expected.
  • Checked the report code you added in my DM's (thanks btw). The feedback was "Connection timed out, user probably saw NM7 error. The client tried to send a "hello" message to the host, the host didn't respond, the client timed out". This heavily suggests its not a game related issue here.
  • We did detect a small spike of errors affecting our PC players at 22:00 on Oct 8. However, the numbers immediately returned to normal after this
  • We are continuing to investigate, and the network team are going to come back to me today with any extra troubleshooting, however, 3rd party Anti-virus software has been the culprit before. Bitdefender users see the same problem, and had to create a exemption (or remove it in most cases) for it to work. 

Despite my better judgement, I went ahead and removed Kaspersky Internet Security from my PC, tried to run F1 2021 again, and I've got the same result as before. No surprise to me, since I've told you that I've tried on a different laptop, with just a basic Windows installed, without any 3rd party antivirus or Armoury Crate, and the problem is the same on that computer too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, istee104 said:

Despite my better judgement, I went ahead and removed Kaspersky Internet Security from my PC, tried to run F1 2021 again, and I've got the same result as before. No surprise to me, since I've told you that I've tried on a different laptop, with just a basic Windows installed, without any 3rd party antivirus or Armoury Crate, and the problem is the same on that computer too.

Thanks for the attempt. Will pass this back to the network. Can you try on your usual hardware, but maybe on a different profile via Steam. We did have this last year in some very rare occasions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the attempt. Will pass this back to the network. Can you try on your usual hardware, but maybe on a different profile via Steam. We did have this last year in some very rare occasions. 

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible, since I bought the game on Steam and it is tied to that account. I'd be happy to try if you're able to provide a new copy of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, istee104 said:

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible, since I bought the game on Steam and it is tied to that account. I'd be happy to try if you're able to provide a new copy of the game.

Understandable. I'll speak to the network team. You can do Family Sharing via Steam to link accounts if i remember rightly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wanted to say that this happens to a friend of mine on ps4 too. Starting with last week (i think tuesday) he cant join any online game. Same thing, joininig session hangs and then he gets multiple kind of errors (HR558.3620 , session doesnt exist anymore, could not connect to the session, etc...). Everything worked just fine before that.

Thanks!

Edited by alexSkeala
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hoo changed the title to Unable to join any multiplayer sessions using specific online accounts
  • BarryBL locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...