Jump to content Jump to content

Sporting livery update, Gulf McLaren ?

Really happy the Honda tribute livery is coming

however, I’m gonna set my expectations low and not hype myself up for the update because I’m hoping so much there is a chance even if it’s a small one that the Gulf McLaren will come in the sporting livery update in this months patch. I have my doubts but I’d so loved fo be proved wrong 

Any chance of a hint 😉

@BarryBL @PJTierney

Edited by XboistonXx
  • XboistonXx changed the title to Sporting livery update, Gulf McLaren ?
7 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I hope we will be able to use the alternate livery(s) in career mode. Otherwise it will be useless for me.

I think the most i'd hope for is every team gets an additional livery, maybe.   Even that is a massive stretch.

Mercedes - Silver Merc

Red Bull - Honda Livery

McLaren - Gulf Livery

Alfa Romeo - Italian GP One

Aston Martin - Extra sponsors added 

Alpha Tauri - I can only assume it'd be last years or Toro Rosso blue 

Ferrari - Mugello 2020

Haas - Maybe last years. I think Rich Energy livery would be contentious. 

Alpine - It would have to be the black and yellow Renault. Wouldn't even mind if it was 05/06 Renault. 

Williams - I don't think they've had a decent one for a while.  Maybe 2003 as that was a relatively iconic one. 

Now that the dream sequence is over, that definitely won't happen. 

Now, I think even that is optimistic to have one for each team.  I think it'll be a few select ones from this year (Red Bull, Mclaren and Alfa) and will only be useful for Grand Prix mode.

The rest will be like Peroni on the AM. Then helmet updates. Like Leclerc unfortunately going to his completely white one, maybe Schumacher going to his dad's old one.  Then little tweaks here and there. 

I really don't think it'll be revolutionary for an update and I don't think it'll impact Career/MyTeam as that will be image rights mandated by the team. 

• Agree 2
Just now, SmokyAtom07 said:

I think the most i'd hope for is every team gets an additional livery, maybe.   Even that is a massive stretch.

Mercedes - Silver Merc

Red Bull - Honda Livery

McLaren - Gulf Livery

Ferrari - Mugello 2020

Alpine - It would have to be the black and yellow Renault. Wouldn't even mind if it was 05/06 Renault. 

Williams - I don't think they've had a decent one for a while.  Maybe 2003 as that was a relatively iconic one. 

Now, I think even that is optimistic to have one for each team.  I think it'll be a few select ones from this year (Red Bull, Mclaren and Alfa) and will only be useful for Grand Prix mode.

The rest will be like Peroni on the AM. Then helmet updates. Like Leclerc unfortunately going to his completely white one, maybe Schumacher going to his dad's old one.  Then little tweaks here and there. 

I really don't think it'll be revolutionary for an update and I don't think it'll impact Career/MyTeam as that will be image rights mandated by the team. 

What about the Williams Bahrain Murray Walker tribute and the Monaco 750 GP car?

1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Mercedes - Silver Merc

Red Bull - Honda Livery

McLaren - Gulf Livery

Ferrari - Mugello 2020

Last Williams livery I liked had a red 5 on it

1 minute ago, GoSuarez99 said:

What about the Williams Bahrain Murray Walker tribute and the Monaco 750 GP car?

The Murray Walker one is a nice decal thing. I'd hope that would be in one of the podium passes for the MyTeam car to use as it's a touching tribute, as opposed to used on one car in Grand Prix.

However, if I was Williams and the sum total of my super-duper livery update was having loads of names on my halo, while other cars get nice alternatives.... Not exactly a selling point for an update.  However, it does make sense that it was something that happened this year so makes sense to be included. 

6 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Last Williams livery I liked had a red 5 on it

The old Mansell blue and yellow Canon one?   I'd not mind that too much as an alternative but it might be waaaayy too old for the youth to 'get it'. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Mercedes - Silver Merc

Red Bull - Honda Livery

McLaren - Gulf Livery

Ferrari - Mugello 2020

Im afraid it will likely be only Red Bull but one extra for every team would be amazing, especially Mugello 2020 or Silver Merc would make great variety

2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Im afraid it will likely be only Red Bull but one extra for every team would be amazing, especially Mugello 2020 or Silver Merc would make great variety

Cannot agree more. 

I think it'll be just the white Red Bull or there'd have been more 'hype' for other teams.   I can see a few livery updates for Sponsors (like Aston and Peroni on the fin) and driver helmet / team overalls updates.

Nothing to make us go "wow, that was a surprising update that they've gone above and beyond on" but it's still going to be better than nothing. 

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Cannot agree more. 

I think it'll be just the white Red Bull or there'd have been more 'hype' for other teams.   I can see a few livery updates for Sponsors (like Aston and Peroni on the fin) and driver helmet / team overalls updates.

Nothing to make us go "wow, that was a surprising update that they've gone above and beyond on" but it's still going to be better than nothing. 

Completely agree with all of this ^^

i think it’d be nice if they put all the helmets drivers used this season in the game and let you chose what helmet you’d like the driver you’ve selected to run and be able to change it through the season. For example if I picked Mick Schumacher there’d be an option to run his: 

original green helmet 

his Silverstone to Hungary green helmet with the red dragon on top 

and then his current helmet tributed to his father.

4 minutes ago, XboistonXx said:

Completely agree with all of this ^^

i think it’d be nice if they put all the helmets drivers used this season in the game and let you chose what helmet you’d like the driver you’ve selected to run and be able to change it through the season. For example if I picked Mick Schumacher there’d be an option to run his: 

original green helmet 

his Silverstone to Hungary green helmet with the red dragon on top 

and then his current helmet tributed to his father.

Helmets are actually more realistic than liveries.. Just a bit unnecessary as it would please not enough players, i also dont care about all the helmets tbh😅 but the liveries have the problem of licencing and as soon as a sponsor is in a livery that isnt on the usual livery its becoming a mess