Jump to content Jump to content

will you work on the understeer one day ?

1 hour ago, nicolas1423 said:

will you work on the understeer one day or we have to endure this until next year ?

I don't think the game has this issue, it will be your setup. Dodger1 on F1carsetup.com has some great setups that counteract this. 

F1Spinellli has great F2 setups. You can grab those from time trial. 

Edited by Sonic6L

As mentioned a few times by @ScaredDuck, i’m finding the setups on this page to work a treat.

https://simracingsetup.com/category/f1-2021-game/

what i like most about the page is that they dont just give you a setup, they actually provide a explanation as to why each aspect of the setup has been chosen.

you can then tweek to your preference based on your car/ driving style.

• Agree 4
6 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

As mentioned a few times by @ScaredDuck, i’m finding the setups on this page to work a treat.

https://simracingsetup.com/category/f1-2021-game/

what i like most about the page is that they dont just give you a setup, they actually provide a explanation as to why each aspect of the setup has been chosen.

you can then tweek to your preference based on your car/ driving style.

Thanks for this. I'll try them out.

I use this website for ACC setups and they're great. 

32 minutes ago, nicolas1423 said:

I'll try these setups, but I actuallly use the limitless setup

I played all F1 games, Iracing, assetto, rfactor and I never saw a car with a balance like that

I know when I first looked at the setups I was thinking he’s got these back to front.. but tried them and even during the peak off kerbgate I was kerbs what kerbs.  

Only thing Is If you use controller on some setups it helps to increase steering linearity. As sharp directional inputs on fast bends with soft front suspension settings will occasionally grab your front tyres and act as a pivot point and spin you

• Disagree 1
40 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

I have more problems with oversteer than understeer but I have a tendency to put too much acceleration to fast so my own fault, never had problem with understeer

Had have no finesse in my hands and as I use controller. It was a issue.. but new fancy Ps5 triggers and increasing linearity on throttle response on settings has had amazing effect 

4 hours ago, nicolas1423 said:

I'll try these setups, but I actuallly use the limitless setup

I played all F1 games, Iracing, assetto, rfactor and I never saw a car with a balance like that

There's probably a reason TRL Limitless doesn't play iRacing, Assetto and rFactor 😉

He's probably a good player with not that much of an idea of how a car goes around a track. Last time I checked he still made a mess of how suspension and suspension geometry works, and how many years has he been playing and making videos on this franchise? Things like "maximum rear toe" will give you a "very very responsive car" and how "minimum camber" (that he insists is what you get when you move the slider all the way to the left) will give you a "quite unstable" car that "cannot cope with downforce". 

This game is a "simcade". The arcade aspect is probably what enables players running with default setups to grab top 10 positions on the TT world rankings. Meaning, with good hardware and skills you can get anywhere.

Back to your question, just recently this was posted here:

So impressions do vary.

This year is the first time I've found myself running with "inverted" wings and anti-roll bars. When before it usually had lower values for front wing and front anti-roll bar compared to the rear counterparts, there are a handful of tracks where my setups end up the other way. A few good users have even fiddled with the game files and indeed, F1 2021 seems to have changed the base values for the setup interface.

You're better off following @ScaredDuck and @Jobling1983 and trying out Sim Racing Setup suggestions, and staying out from setups with any sort of "right right left left" extreme values.

Give the default game setups #2 and 4 a go too and see how the balance feels. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
10 minutes ago, marioho said:

There's probably a reason TRL Limitless doesn't play iRacing, Assetto and rFactor 😉

He's probably a good player with not that much of an idea of how a car goes around a track. Last time I checked he still made a mess of how suspension and suspension geometry works, and how many years has he been playing and making videos on this franchise? Things like "maximum rear toe" will give you a "very very responsive car" and how "minimum camber" (that he insists is what you get when you move the slider all the way to the left) will give you a "quite unstable" car that "cannot cope with downforce". 

This game is a "simcade". The arcade aspect is probably what enables players running with default setups to grab top 10 positions on the TT world rankings. Meaning, with good hardware and skills you can get anywhere.

Back to your question, just recently this was posted here:

So impressions do vary.

This year is the first time I've found myself running with "inverted" wings and anti-roll bars. When before it usually had lower values for front wing and front anti-roll bar compared to the rear counterparts, there are a handful of tracks where my setups end up the other way. A few good users have even fiddled with the game files and indeed, F1 2021 seems to have changed the base values for the setup interface.

You're better off following @ScaredDuck and @Jobling1983 and trying out Sim Racing Setup suggestions, and staying out from setups with any sort of "right right left left" extreme values.

Give the default game setups #2 and 4 a go too and see how the balance feels. 

Me sim racer normally suggests a 2-5 suspension stiffness and he more often varies rollbars but his preference leans towards softer front... whereas I as you know like my front end lively.  So I will generally go a lot stiffer at front.   But his 2-5 setting is godly.

as for downforce I’ve always opted for high at front as it keeps my lively front losing traction 

• Like 1

I have a lot of difficulty with oversteer on the steering wheel. already tested several force feedback settings and was never satisfied. I can run only slower. I miss a traction vibe. at the time I went back to playing the controller because I was fed up with the force feedback turning off in the middle of the race. and it feels so good to play in controller, because the vibe gives the perfect feeling when we're at the edge of traction, so I can go faster and walk on the edge. I've been playing at the wheel for 1 year. I played f1 2019, 2020 and 2021. i have a thrustmaster tmx. is there any way to improve this or is it like that?