Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 still broken after 3 months what the hell

How can it be that after 3 months there are still so many bugs. you cannot drive against the AI on all routes. Online servers are a disaster. There are so many other bugs out there that are not normal, who tested the game? That you had to pay full price for this game is a scandal

3 hours ago, GamerDH said:

How can it be that after 3 months there are still so many bugs. you cannot drive against the AI on all routes. Online servers are a disaster. There are so many other bugs out there that are not normal, who tested the game? That you had to pay full price for this game is a scandal

Sadly, just like cyberpunk, the pleasing of shareholders comes way before getting a finished game out but codemasters seem unable to learn from other companies mistakes( EA takeover won’t have affected this game much so be interesting to see how 2022 edition goes). I said it before that they need to miss a year out and just update the driver lineup and circuits and concentrate on really fixing the game. 

I dread to think what 2022 edition be like considering the changes to F1 rules that c9me into affect next year…..

4 minutes ago, Silverchris said:

Sadly, just like cyberpunk, the pleasing of shareholders comes way before getting a finished game out but codemasters seem unable to learn from other companies mistakes( EA takeover won’t have affected this game much so be interesting to see how 2022 edition goes). I said it before that they need to miss a year out and just update the driver lineup and circuits and concentrate on really fixing the game. 

I dread to think what 2022 edition be like considering the changes to F1 rules that c9me into affect next year…..

yes f1 2021 is just kidding and then for the price. I won't be picking f1 directly in 2022. Developers all charge full price, then I, as the buyer, can also ask for a completely finished game

23 minutes ago, RLLL said:

Anyone who pre ordered F1 2021 should get 2022 for free. What a scam they're running at CM. Take our money but give us half a product. 

would be happy if it was a half. the game is a total disaster. the game should be called Race Bug Simulator

• Like 1

Probably talking about the ridiculous driver transfers but personally I'd rather have them rather than none as 10 season with exactly same line up is just not interesting. Possibility online been broken. Ai in high speed corner although that issue doesn't seem to be there since the performance patch or definitely not as bad as it was. Ai in wet weather just useless can't overtake and f2 they really struggle as well hopefully ai retraining with address these . Tyre graphic glitch been there for weeks not fixed etc . There is definitely issues with this game just depends on how much they bother you I guess . Personally haven't even started any career mode or my team waiting for imola and the ai retraining ..

8 hours ago, RLLL said:

Anyone who pre ordered F1 2021 should get 2022 for free. What a scam they're running at CM. Take our money but give us half a product. 

Couldn't agree more myself.  Aside from Braking Point (which was a waste of time and resources IMO) there's nothing new here.  It's a step backwards really.  Top that off with the fact I couldn't play it without it crashing my console for two months and now by the time I can safely (hopefully) play it I'm kind of over it.  They burned me out with their terrible support and communication.  I mean; the answers we got around here were... "Well, if it fries your console that's on you.  Check the EULA"   Great customer service eh?   What do I get for not being able to play a game I paid for over that 2 month span?  Absolutely nothing.  It's a complete joke in game development/programming, marketing and customer service.  It's no wonder EA saw them as a good fit for their sports gaming monopoly.

F1 2021 to me was nothing but a step backwards.  It's still the same game, so its fun to me now that I can play it, but as I said... they've burned me out with this shady release and their follow up tactics.  In all honesty, this game should have been dragged through the mud like Cyberpunk was, but it just doesn't have the visibility for the gaming media to care.  It was a mess from the start and it's only gotten marginally better.

In the past this game was a consistent day 1 pre-order and must buy for me.  As of right now though Codemasters willl be lucky if I even consider buying next year.  It could be "game of the year" in reviews but... that bridge has been burned and bridges take a hell of a long time to rebuild.  Not even to get an apology, or public notice made that this game was potentially harming our consoles, and no apology or compensation (hell, even 10k pitcoins would have made me happy) for not being able to use a product I paid for for two months is the perfect example that they don't give a flying you know what about their customers.

I really hope the team there has been put on notice or are at least aware that the general feeling of your fanbase on this product is extremely sub par outside of your hardcore fans (which I was one of).  It sure seems you guys have lost some hardcores (I'm sure I'm not alone), and I assume alot of the casuals will think twice about F1 2022 given how this release has gone.  This isn't just ranting and raving on forums; at least not for me anyways.  This is me expressing my matter of fact opinion on this game and it's future in my general observance of fan feedback around the internet and my own experience.  You can take our money and run this year; but that money won't be there from many next year I suspect.  I know for me personally it's going to take an awful lot to get me to buy early next year.  Next year you can pay us to test your game; rather than me paying you to test it for you.  But I guess with that strong network of youtubers and streamers you guys have that will pump the game up again next year without doubt you don't need your real critics.  Take note; the folks you're "paying" to post wonderful preview vids lost a ton of credibility this year; and so did the series as a whole amongst us common fans.  You'll need to do alot to earn back that respect I think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 7

21 is written off as terrible.

If 22 is on the ego 4 engine I will never buy a game from codemasters again. 

If any of you dont know what that means, ego 4 engine was developed for f1 2015. 21 is a 7 year old game that has been patched up and over more times than you can imagine.

If 22 is on that same engine it will be just as bad as this one if not worse.

I've got hundreds of hours in all the f1 games from 2012 onwards and have watched it slowly die over time. It's sad. I've helped with bug reports as much as possible but I've given up now. We shouldnt be testing the game for CM, especially not if weve paid for it. I really hope upper management know how frustrated and disappointed the player base are. 

Dave Greco and the main designers have run their course, get fresh blood in and a team of developers that actually take pride in their work. Its embarrassing.

Edited by RLLL
Name

I have so many bugs that I don't feel like playing the game anymore.
For me, the safety car never comes out when the Ai fails mechanically, so it rarely comes out. every run feels the same.
Some routes are not really drivable because the driving physics are terrible, anyone who says something else has no idea, sorry. the
Ai is often just plain stupid.
I no longer get engine damage myself, which is also pretty boring.
Driver reviews don't say anything, you can leave it alone.
The AI can drive lines that you cannot yourself.
Austria Pitengasse there is always a crash because the AI lets each other drive away. There are so many things that bother me about the game.

and that after 3 months there are still so many bugs is just poor cyberpunk 2.0 sends its regards

Ok look: Nothing will be perfect, but if we don’t point out the bugs and all the things that are wrong with the game, then nothing gets done and the series gets worse and worse. That’s why the forums have a report an issue area, so we can help them fix the issues and make the game enjoyable for all.

11 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Comments and views like this are the reasons devs get lazy and release games in such conditions. 

Dont put this on the devs, covid is one reason for more bugs but the only big reason why games get released in such states are the Publishers, its always been them for bad game releases not the devs!

• Disagree 2
3 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Ok look: Nothing will be perfect, but if we don’t point out the bugs and all the things that are wrong with the game, then nothing gets done and the series gets worse and worse. That’s why the forums have a report an issue area, so we can help them fix the issues and make the game enjoyable for all.

In another thread you said you were sick of hearing about it and people banging in about it. What's changed your mind? Genuine question. 

Edited by Sonic6L
9 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Dont put this on the devs, covid is one reason for more bugs but the only big reason why games get released in such states are the Publishers, its always been them for bad game releases not the devs!

Devs are just as bad as publishers/investors.

The state of the game as it released on Xbox was unacceptable, a lot of players, me included, couldn't even play Braking Point or career mode as it would crash during cutscenes. We couldn't watch replays because the game would crash, the same goes for highlights. It took from release up to V1.10 for it to be solved, that's not the fault of publishers/investors, that's the fault of devs. 

Whoever did QA/QC on Xbox didn't do their job properly as this is a fairly large game breaking bug that wouldn't have been missed. Tell me how that isn't the fault of the devs? This has been discussed indepth in other threads. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, Sonic6L said:

In another thread you said you were sick of hearing about it and people banging in about it. What's changed your mind? 

I needed to look at the other side of this which I failed to do before and as much as I love this game, there are those who as of right now, are regretting the decision to buy this and I want to help their experience by helping improve the game

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoSuarez99 said:

I needed to look at the other side of this which I failed to do before and as much as I love this game, there are those who as of right now, are regretting the decision to buy this and I want to help their experience by helping improve the game

I respect you for saying this compared to your original views mate 👍.

When next year trailer comes around and everyone jumping on the hype train and pre ordering just remember how annoyed and disappointed most people are and how like the op said 3 months and counting and still issues . And don't pre order or buy it till either it in a good state or wait 6 months till end of patch cycle and get it for half price. And if they see there pre order / day 1 sales are right down they will get there act together and know they have to release it in good standard otherwise they will loose sales . It the only way it will change but they will release a shinny trailer with new reg cars etc and majority will do same as every year and we will be back here again complaining and they will have made a stack of money with releasing a broken product....

13 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Devs are just as bad as publishers/investors.

The state of the game as it released on Xbox was unacceptable, a lot of players, me included, couldn't even play Braking Point or career mode as it would crash during cutscenes. We couldn't watch replays because the game would crash, the same goes for highlights. It took from release up to V1.10 for it to be solved, that's not the fault of publishers/investors, that's the fault of devs. 

Whoever did QA/QC on Xbox didn't do their job properly as this is a fairly large game breaking bug that wouldn't have been missed. Tell me how that isn't the fault of the devs? This has been discussed indepth in other threads. 

You dont understand it do you? A publisher forces an early release even if the devs say its not ready, thats happened countless times and guess who ended up as the guilty, the Publisher.. Could the game have been in a better state at release? Sure but you act like homeoffice doesnt affect programmers and the entire work flow at all.. QA doesnt decide if a game is released or not, they find stuff that needs to be worked on and it took time to fix..

• Disagree 1
5 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

You dont understand it do you? A publisher forces an early release even if the devs say its not ready, thats happened countless times and guess who ended up as the guilty, the Publisher.. Could the game have been in a better state at release? Sure but you act like homeoffice doesnt affect programmers and the entire work flow at all.. QA doesnt decide if a game is released or not, they find stuff that needs to be worked on and it took time to fix..

I do understand it as I have links that are within the industry, but thanks for your assumption. You have still failed to answer my question, so I'll ask you again, in simpler terms, How are the devs not to blame for their failures within QA/QC?

Show me where I stated that home offices affected the publishers? You brought it up. I'm well aware Covid has an effect but it's an excuse that all industries rely on for poor service/bad releases/bad products. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Sonic6L said:

I do understand it as I have links that are within the industry, but thanks for your assumption. You have still failed to answer my question, so I'll ask you again, in simpler terms, How are the devs not to blame for their failures within QA/QC?

What failures? Do you imagine it all vanishes once found? They dont have other things to do and all 700 employees only work on fixing all the stuff that QA found? If it would be up to devs they would put the release a few months back to fix the bugs found.

In the end you blame them for bugs being there in the first place and im not gonna comment on that attitude

• Disagree 1
Just now, Meza994 said:

What failures? Do you imagine it all vanishes once found? They dont have other things to do and all 700 employees only work on fixing all the stuff that QA found? If it would be up to devs they would put the release a few months back to fix the bugs found.

In the end you blame them for bugs being there in the first place and im not gonna comment on that attitude

It's like talking to a brick wall with you. I give up, you're right about it all and I'm wrong. Happy? Blind people will always be blind. 

• Disagree 1
1 minute ago, Sonic6L said:

It's like talking to a brick wall with you. I give up, you're right about it all and I'm wrong. Happy? Blind people will always be blind. 

Actually its like talking to a hater on twitter with you, no arguments, no logic and pure hate, you are upset that there are so many bugs on your platform, which is understandable, but blindly hating is not a solution but if thats your way in life have fun with it

• Disagree 1