Jump to content Jump to content

Windows 11

I'm happy to report that the game is running better than ever under Windows 11 (22000.194)

The only pre-installation change I made was to remove the Graphics Driver (21.8.2) and upgrade in-situ. Then I replaced with 21.10.1

I did testing on MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 beta 4 (which updated RTSS as well) prior to upgrading to ensure it worked with Windows 10 21H2.

I've only done an actual benchmark in Australia and with Ultra High settings the average framerate lifted from 101FPS to 112FPS at WQHD 2560x1440

The update to Windows is WDDM 3.0 (2.7) and DirectX database 1.2.0.0 (1.0.0.8) but everything generally feels much nicer, particularly FFB. Just my experience. Anyone else?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Seems to be running a bit better.

By the way, something I found interesting is that the game seems to be using higher read speeds from disk during gameplay than any other game out there on PC. When installed on an NVMe SSD, read speeds peak at 439 MB/s inside the tunnel at Monaco.

I wonder if there are any plans to support DirectStorage at some point?

Edited by HDR10
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I'm happy to report that the game is running better than ever under Windows 11 (22000.194)

The only pre-installation change I made was to remove the Graphics Driver (21.8.2) and upgrade in-situ. Then I replaced with 21.10.1

I did testing on MSI Afterburner 4.6.4 beta 4 (which updated RTSS as well) prior to upgrading to ensure it worked with Windows 10 21H2.

I've only done an actual benchmark in Australia and with Ultra High settings the average framerate lifted from 101FPS to 112FPS at WQHD 2560x1440

The update to Windows is WDDM 3.0 (2.7) and DirectX database 1.2.0.0 (1.0.0.8) but everything generally feels much nicer, particularly FFB. Just my experience. Anyone else?

Did a clean install of Windows 11 tonight.
Updated the entire PC with the latest Nvidia drivers, and all windows updates that were available for Win11.
And I must honestly say it is indeed smooth and stable.
Played with the game for about 3 hours, and did not have any crash or problem.
Everything went pretty well. apart from the known problems, (strange behavior AI, not closing the game properly...etc,etc) .
Hardware: 
RAM : 32GB
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
TYPE : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 (3080 is pre-ordered :-),
WHEEL : LOGITECH G29
DISK : NVMe M2 SSD 512GB
FRAMERATE : between 102FPS and 124 FPS.

Greetings,

• Thanks 1

October 12, 2021—KB5006674 (OS Build 22000.258)
Windows 11
Release Date: 10/12/2021

Version: OS Build 22000.258

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. For an overview of Windows 11 (original release), see its update history page.

Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the release information dashboard.

Highlights 
Updates security for your Windows operating system.   

Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

Addresses known compatibility issues between some Intel “Killer” and “SmartByte” networking software and Windows 11 (original release). Devices with the affected software might drop User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packets under certain conditions. This creates performance and other issues for protocols based on UDP. For example, some websites might load slower than others on the affected devices, which might cause videos to stream slower in certain resolutions. VPN solutions based on UDP might also be slower.

I had a strange problem with Win11,
When I was playing Bahrain, I had a lot of shocks and poor image composition, colors were not bright etc,etc.
What solved the problem for me was to turn off the "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" 

If you have any problems with your graphics, try turning this off. you have to reboot after you turn it off.
For me this did the trick. Now everything runs fine again, even better than before.
Use it to your advantage

Regards,

GpuWindows.png

You expect the opposite, but Win11 is a platform , and it should not interfere with how a GPU should behave.

Edited by JpK46
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, JpK46 said:

I had a strange problem with Win11,
When I was playing Bahrain, I had a lot of shocks and poor image composition, colors were not bright etc,etc.
What solved the problem for me was to turn off the "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" 

If you have any problems with your graphics, try turning this off. you have to reboot after you turn it off.
For me this did the trick. Now everything runs fine again, even better than before.
Use it to your advantage

Regards,

GpuWindows.png

You expect the opposite, but Win11 is a platform , and it should not interfere with how a GPU should behave.

HAGS is a driver level feature and not Windows dependent (it works on Windows 10 and 11 the only supported driver platform).