Jump to content Jump to content

What is your favorite F1 game in the Codemasters series?

None actually.  Best F1 games are Grand Prix. Although they couldn’t use driver and team names.  If was first game to have a full 26 car grid where standard was 8.    Then was first to not just have full 16 race calendar.  But first time every track actually resembled its real world version.  Was a huge leap forward in racing games.

Then my second favourite would be F1 championship edition on ps3...  wasn’t graphically great... but gameplay was great and included some cool additions that I wish found their way into this series

• Disagree 1

When I first got 15 I thought it was awesome with the new graphics engine , night lighting etc but recently played it just to see if I still liked it and hmmmm not so good no career, very easy ai , dumb and so passive no aggression . Had the 14 season tho so was cool at the time . Probably 17 and 18 . 19 just removed things like ai punctures and proper lock up ie running wide etc don't know why it was cool and to this day never came back silly as it was a realistic addition ...

1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

When I first got 15 I thought it was awesome with the new graphics engine , night lighting etc but recently played it just to see if I still liked it and hmmmm not so good no career, very easy ai , dumb and so passive no aggression . Had the 14 season tho so was cool at the time . Probably 17 and 18 . 19 just removed things like ai punctures and proper lock up ie running wide etc don't know why it was cool and to this day never came back silly as it was a realistic addition ...

When I say I preferred an f1 game that’s 30 years old mad that ran on Atari st that didn’t quite manage to have 1mb off memory...  side by side with it present day equivalent... be like comparing a wheel to f1 car.

but when I think back I don’t think off how it played compared to today’s games.. but more on how it made me feel.. and they had more wow factor as nothing like it had come before and how much enjoyment I got

I enjoyed 2010 and 2011 with their interactive paddock and how it was built into the interface. Yeah it was limited and the gameplay itself wasn't anything special but it was an attempt at immersion which I always appreciate. 

I didn't really game much in the years between then and when 2016 came out which I just caught the tail end of, Loved 2017. Best career mode in a CM game, cars feel great to drive still to this day. Travelling the world and seeing the scenery change in your mobile home thingy was just a nice touch, speaking to characters, your engineers etc. So much to do and see in the game, can still put it on now and have fun. 

Skipped 2018 as they dropped the immersive career, came back for 2019 and enjoyed the driving and graphical bump a lot as well as the introduction of F2. 

2020 for me though is the peak of CM games. It's when I discovered I actually love online racing in F1 games and just got lost in that, collecting liveries, editing them, running them online and being competitive. Graphics great, loads of little flourishes (that have been removed now), handling was the best it's ever been, can place the car wherever you want with precision. Overall the package was polished and full of stuff to do. 

So 2020 for me, with 2017 a fraction behind. 

Edited by KNT2011
12 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

None actually.  Best F1 games are Grand Prix. Although they couldn’t use driver and team names.  If was first game to have a full 26 car grid where standard was 8.    Then was first to not just have full 16 race calendar.  But first time every track actually resembled its real world version.  Was a huge leap forward in racing games.

Then my second favourite would be F1 championship edition on ps3...  wasn’t graphically great... but gameplay was great and included some cool additions that I wish found their way into this series

Wasn't the question but nevermind.

F1 2013 and 2020 for me. Both excellent in their respective ways. 

Yeah definitely F1 2013 with the classic tracks and cars. Just offered more than the current games.

After that prob 2010 as it was so fresh and new and trying to give you the “i’m an F1 driver” experience. Feels like the vision has changed (or just faded) in recent iterations 😞