Alpine: @xandosh and @Pirier

Aston Martin:  @Commilitio

Mclaren: @EpiclySlowCars and @heastrv

Alfa Romeo: @LSKone and @UP100

Williams: @steviejay69

Haas: @kimirai991

Alpha Tauri: @Massa88 and @Berci1511

8 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I have this site bookmarked. They don't really work for me. If this is what everyone else is using I need to figure out why the handling is so woolly and unpredictable.

I get that on some off his setups.  And have to tweak them.  But Portugal I find pretty spot on. 

He likes a soft front suspension.  Which I find works.  But on setups where he goes with softer anti-roll bars I get that woolly feeling. So I stick with his suspension settings but go stiffer front anti roll bars. And that seems to work

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Thanks 1
On 12/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, steviejay69 said:

Maybe I need to try Ultra Low settings and get 300FPS. 😄

Whenever I’ve mentioned this it generally gets ignored or disagreed with.

But after I’ve played around abit.  My car is more stable and my lap times have increased between half a second and a second a lap.

And that’s the Camera angle. I’m currently using tv pod.  But since I’ve increased the field off view and raised the height and angled it down.  It’s better than any car setup. 

Finding it easier to see and hit my braking and turning point and that means hitting the apex consistently. Which means less aggressive inputs and less spiny spiny 

i found if I turn on the racing line.  And try to follow it. If I’m  having to get hard on the brakes to start my turn to go inside off it to make the corner.   I simply keep increasing  field off view. Until I can effortlessly follow it.  

And reason I increase the height is firstly I can see the nose off the car which helps with depth perception and secondly lower you are your perception off speed is increased. Higher it’s less so (sorry didn’t do much school so not sure off the correct term). So gives you those fractions off time to better control your car.

If you drive a real car with abit off oomph Drop the seat as low as you can on a fast bit off road.  Then jack your seat up.  You will easily notice The difference

Edited by ScaredDuck
7 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Whenever I’ve mentioned this it generally gets ignored or disagreed with.

But after I’ve played around abit.  My car is more stable and my lap times have increased between half a second and a second a lap.

And that’s the Camera angle. I’m currently using tv pod.  But since I’ve increased the field off view and raised the height and angled it down.  It’s better than any car setup. 

Finding it easier to see and hit my braking and turning point and that means hitting the apex consistently. Which means less aggressive inputs and less spiny spiny 

i found if I turn on the racing line.  And try to follow it. If I’m  having to get hard on the brakes to start my turn to go inside off it to make the corner.   I simply keep increasing  field off view. Until I can effortlessly follow it.  

And reason I increase the height is firstly I can see the nose off the car which helps with depth perception and secondly lower you are your perception off speed is increased. Higher it’s less so (sorry didn’t do much school so not sure off the correct term). So gives you those fractions off time to better control your car.

If you drive a real car with abit off oomph Drop the seat as low as you can on a fast bit off road.  Then jack your seat up.  You will easily notice The difference

Yeah I use cockpit. There's a general feeling in some leagues that TV Pod is an assist. 

I did try to maximise the viewing angles in F1 2020 and include the mirrors but players complained I didn't give them space (I'd turned off the proximity arrows). The rear view from the car I agree is "rubbish beginning with s". I think there was a lag and proximity issues (people were closer than they appeared until it was too late, e.g in overtake manoeuvres (or divebombs as I call them)), so I gave up on that idea. 

I'm not sufficiently invested in F1 2021 to bother to be frank, but I also found that reversing the default view until you felt you were in the seat when turning helped loads with car 'feel' and then lifting the seat position to a relatively elevated position (definitely compared to onboard IRL helmet cams, which themselves aren't always eye level, but most are thankfully) was the best.

But, as I say, game not worth the time really this year. Turkey is the hidden gift after all, not the track, just the gameplay. We live in hope of a fix.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, LSKone said:

Not sure how many of us ran the game on the beta patch but from my pov the race was alright, did not see any major problems.

Also, many thanks for the pitcoin reward from the last season @BarryBL ! 😃

Dreadful on our league race the following Sunday. One user dropped during the qualifying start from the lobby and was 'X' connected therein, some other drivers also 'X' / desynced. I quit after Qualifying (formation lap) and apparently my ghost stayed in. I quit the session, not just ALT F4 or kill the .exe....

@steviejay69At this point I am fairly certain that this year's version is some kind of 'Schrödingers Game'. One day it seems to work fine but if you're looking at it from a bad spot than it suddenly becomes broken beyond belief for some reason.
Yesterdays race wasn't without issues too but mostly fine from my pov.

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone, see you on track next year!☃️ 🎄

• Agree 2
38 minutes ago, LSKone said:

this year's version is some kind of 'Schrödingers Game'. One day it seems to work fine but if you're looking at it from a bad spot than it suddenly becomes broken beyond belief for some reason

While I was not there yesterday, there is no denying that this years iteration of the game has some serious problems with multiplayer modes, which we all experienced multiple times throughout season 1 and during the first few races of season 2 as well. Desyncs mainly, with cars out of control crashing into others, or with drivers desynced spoiling races for others around them, not knowing the others were even close to them, false time keeping by the game, and so on. It is such great fun to be part of a series as this one, but the game does not let us really enjoy it at the moment.

I sincerely hope, since this / ours is some kind of "official" multiplayer event connected to Codemasters, that this is being continuously forwarded to the developers and that they continue to work on things for the 2021 iteration of the game, to iron out the issues concerning multiplayer. It cant be that a single driver who is badly connected, or sumsuch, spoils races regularly for everyone else, may it be in social multiplayer mode, or in league racing, or anywhere else. I also recall the discussions about a special "e-sports" build of the game, which had its own sticky on the forums a while ago and was expected to be shared with the public, but since that sticky has vanished, we have not heard from this topic again, have we. As it stands now, it would be hard to claim that multiplayer is working as intended, and considering how many weeks / months we are already past release, this is really concerning.

Lets hope for the better in 2022 and I wish all of you guys a Merry Christmas and a successful, healthy year 2022.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Schneehase said:

While I was not there yesterday, there is no denying that this years iteration of the game has some serious problems with multiplayer modes, which we all experienced multiple times throughout season 1 and during the first few races of season 2 as well. Desyncs mainly, with cars out of control crashing into others, or with drivers desynced spoiling races for others around them, not knowing the others were even close to them, false time keeping by the game, and so on. It is such great fun to be part of a series as this one, but the game does not let us really enjoy it at the moment.

I sincerely hope, since this / ours is some kind of "official" multiplayer event connected to Codemasters, that this is being continuously forwarded to the developers and that they continue to work on things for the 2021 iteration of the game, to iron out the issues concerning multiplayer. It cant be that a single driver who is badly connected, or sumsuch, spoils races regularly for everyone else, may it be in social multiplayer mode, or in league racing, or anywhere else. I also recall the discussions about a special "e-sports" build of the game, which had its own sticky on the forums a while ago and was expected to be shared with the public, but since that sticky has vanished, we have not heard from this topic again, have we. As it stands now, it would be hard to claim that multiplayer is working as intended, and considering how many weeks / months we are already past release, this is really concerning.

Lets hope for the better in 2022 and I wish all of you guys a Merry Christmas and a successful, healthy year 2022.

Well, they've run the Esports build to the max of testing as the Esports is all done for this game. Maybe any benefit will find it's way into 1.15?

Yeah this week's session seemed okay but it was F2 2021, not a mode / category I've used online before. 30 minutes qualifying is a waste with the fuel setting fixed as it is. But of course it did mix up the grid for us.

I kind of feel somehow that it would be of benefit for someone who is host for a league should host. Pretty much there is consensus on how a game session should be set up (save the 100% hardcore).

• 3 weeks later...

If someone has ever wondered how long is the cmfc site's code, then here you go. I could fit 1/3 of it on my screen with the smallest font I had

image.thumb.png.4de4e0ed1a545b8d6cac0a34caa7c8f2.png

and no, it has no right to be 1500 lines long. The current site is built on the old data system, which I was supposed to redo ages ago 😅

So, my school schedule is different now and I will no longer be able to compete until at least June... So yeah... See you guys in F1 2021 forums championship Season 3. Or whenever my classes are cancelled lol. I'll be a backup driver for whenever I am able to compete.

• Administrator
On 1/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, Pirier said:

@BarryBL can we do a poll on which tracks the community wants to race or something like that for the next season? think it would be cool to drive on tracks everybody has a crush on

Yeah, all for that. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

So, mystery round today, huh? 

"Clash of the titans - errrr of the mods". If anyone wants to see my replay, I can upload it. I was driving in front of them 2 laps before the end. Unfortunately in a multiplayer replay, there is no camera pointing backards and you can not switch the camera to different cars. Still, you get an idea of what happened.

Might add, I am quite ok with p5 given that I always drive with all assists off. Was also penalty free. If I had not smashed my front spoiler into UP100 s car during early virtual SC (not his fault he was going slow before turn 3, he probably had to slow down to stay "green") it might have been a tad better. Also, have to say the multiplayer cars are greater fun than the original F1 ones, though the game did not let me drive with the design that I had selected, unfortunately.

Fun race, though 1 of the cars seemed to have disconnect issues around me, fortunately it did not take me out. Have a nice weekend, guys!

• Like 1
On 1/15/2022 at 5:08 AM, Schneehase said:

If I had not smashed my front spoiler into UP100 s car during early virtual SC (not his fault he was going slow before turn 3, he probably had to slow down to stay "green")

Ahahah. I'll blame Jeff for not saying a thing about there being an SC situation. I just noticed the gap on my MFD and then saw a VC board light up. Was already like -2s delta 😅