Jump to content Jump to content

Nvidia Driver crashing which also crashes the game - did not happen before patch 1.12

A detailed description of the issue.

The game will crash after a period of time in a race or time trial. Screen locks up and audio hangs. Windows reports that "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Report Code - TMDR-PTHV-BXKC-SXHE - most recent crash

Platform? PC - DX Diag in the zip and Motherboard is ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi

Game-mode? My Team / Time Trial (recreated on Mexico (5ish laps), Canada's (3ish laps) and Monaco (1 lap) tracks. The game did not Crash at Monza at all)

[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
[ONLINE] Were you the host? 
 Have not tested to see if this applies yet

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Everything listed in the PC Troubleshooting thread - the game did not crash in safe mode but did at lower graphics settings and windowed / full screen . 

Reinstalling Nvidia graphics drivers (Both using display driver uninstaller and normal install methods)

I have tried 2 different NVidia drivers and can recreate it on both 472.12 and 496.13

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Load up a race on one of the above maps / or time trial and after a random period of time the game crashes.

Edit: sometimes I can re-creatw the crash by calling up the MFD and scrolling through the car adjustment, pit menu, body damage and engine wear screen

Dumps and DXDiag.zip

Edited by LeveLUPOG
Added some extra information
9 minutes ago, Jisifus said:

Are you using something like MSI Afterburner? Are you sure you disabled any OC settings? The symptoms you're describing remind me of OC-related stability issues.

I didn't have an overclock just adjusted temp and power targets. I removed them after the first crash and it kept on happening

On 7/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, DonBlanko said:

Idk how to delete this I'm on mobile 🤣

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, neiluk03 said:

There was a driver update yesterday for Nvidia cards, did you update?

If you read the post I did update experienced crashing and rolled back as I thought it may have been a driver issue. I have tried 2 seperate versions of the Nvidia drivers and it happens on both of them...