Jump to content Jump to content

My Career Mode S2 AI R&D Bug?

so im going into the 10th race of the season and 7 out of 10 teams (mainly the top teams) have done 0 R&D this year, i started as the 6th best team and by race 4 i was #1 and now im so far ahead of the rest that even with bad laps i can get top 2 in Qualifying. 
Is this a bug, and if so do you guys recommend restarting my career mode? or hope that reg changes to s3 hit my team back into the mix?

10 hours ago, ilawera said:

so im going into the 10th race of the season and 7 out of 10 teams (mainly the top teams) have done 0 R&D this year, i started as the 6th best team and by race 4 i was #1 and now im so far ahead of the rest that even with bad laps i can get top 2 in Qualifying. 
Is this a bug, and if so do you guys recommend restarting my career mode? or hope that reg changes to s3 hit my team back into the mix?

What's your career settings . Have you changed the recourse points for A1 . I have them on reduced . At Barcelona . S2 . I haven't checked the other teams development s . But I was 6th fastest . Going into S2   and after a couple off upgrades I have shot upto 2/Nd fastest   behind rdr . I'll keep an aye on the progress . See if any teams develop . As I'll not be developing any more till other teams around is do 

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, PaulLynch said:

What's your career settings . Have you changed the recourse points for A1 . I have them on reduced . At Barcelona . S2 . I haven't checked the other teams development s . But I was 6th fastest . Going into S2   and after a couple off upgrades I have shot upto 2/Nd fastest   behind rdr . I'll keep an aye on the progress . See if any teams develop . As I'll not be developing any more till other teams around is do 

I look to develop durability as it doesn’t have impact on outright performance and things like tyre wear  and fuel efficiency.  But always try keep engine performance around 3 or 4. That way I can make up the speed difference upgrades to chassis so car feels easier to handle

In Season 1, everyone developed too fast for my liking. Including me. Even with the regulation change at the end, it felt like all of us had made too much progress. So in Season 2, I reduced the resource points for both me and the AI. Now the development is slowed considerably, but it doesn't look like complete flat lines (I think you had screenshots in the other thread? I seem to recall screenshots. Anyway..). 

Like PaulLynch said, is it possible they just haven't upgraded yet?

22 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I look to develop durability as it doesn’t have impact on outright performance and things like tyre wear  and fuel efficiency.  But always try keep engine performance around 3 or 4. That way I can make up the speed difference upgrades to chassis so car feels easier to handle

Was on last night . And a couple off teams brought upgrades . It could be the A1 are developing there durability . Don't know of that affects the  performance chart . I'm trying to develop a car that Is good for high power tracks .trying to keep my aero on the middle so struggle on high down force tracks   .in the hopes it creates a good championship battle . 

33 minutes ago, PaulLynch said:

Was on last night . And a couple off teams brought upgrades . It could be the A1 are developing there durability . Don't know of that affects the  performance chart . I'm trying to develop a car that Is good for high power tracks .trying to keep my aero on the middle so struggle on high down force tracks   .in the hopes it creates a good championship battle . 

I heavily focus on chassis reduction and redistribution..  

No downsides. Helps accelerate, brake, top speed? Handling and mechanical grip  and wear.  And it’s makes your car feel easier to drive.  Then I focus on aero. Drag priority., and only do downforce when I can do front and rear at same time to keep it balanced. All the time upgrading durability namely electronic systems when I can. Then lastly on engine performance.  I upgrade the odd one along the way so I don’t fall to far behind the rest.  This way Results in having a great handling and durable car. Then I just upgrade performance part if ai teams overall performance ranking becomes a issue

Do not max out engine performance and ers. learned the hard way.., car accelerates and speed gets to the point off ridiculously hard to brake for corners and feathering the throttle in twisty sections Is almost impossible.  You basically have the option off instant max power or nothing even short shifting can’t keep it in check.

It may be how I upgrade my car by focusing on one thing at a time. but I’ve seen others have same issue.

i was at USA and I couldn’t even get it under control all through practice.  Sector 1 was a nightmare.  Couldn’t get the car out off one corner and turned into the next in time.  Ended up deleting career and starting a new one

Edited by ScaredDuck