Jump to content Jump to content

1.12 setup differences...BrakeBias?

Thread to discuss changes in setup due to the new patch, havent had chance to jump on yet, but have seen others saying there have been changes, most obvious one being moving back to the 50% Brake bias

not sure i agree with this but havent had time to check it out. Anybody else noticed any differences?

• Like 1

Other than its easier carrying speed through mid to fast corners now brake balance works at 50... I do agree it shouldn’t work hard braking into tight corners 

but as I use it pad which isn’t precise enough for fast corners... unless you are gifted with finesse super powers...  this is a huge plus for me.

• Like 2

Why has the brake bias been changed?? In the previous patches, around 56% brake bias was used to prevent rear locking. Now we can run 50% brake bias again. Rear locking is practically non existent even on 50% brake bias. Just like the previous f1 games. It has become unrealistic again. In real life, drivers run around the 60% brake bias setting. Why did this change?.

5F25D2DF-BFBD-4A61-B933-3505B7CAEFB3.jpeg

Edited by UtubMaze
extra information
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • UtubMaze changed the title to Why did the Brake Bias Change?

This is a good thing. The rears locking was just horrible. It will also help to bring the gap between no assists and ABS on back to how it should be, because in the former model ABS was way too overpowered.

Edited by RLLL
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
5 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

It appears that wings can be set up like they were in 2020...lower numbers on front than back. Need more time to be sure.

I dont think ABS assist is going to be seen as much in TT when all is said and done imo

I hope . We don't have to get back to low down force levels . On high down force tracks . Just so the A1 don't wizz pass us on the straight . If the game is going back . To previous versions . Where running unrealistic. Set ups   to keep up with the A1 on a straight . The can keep the game . For me . 

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, Hude said:

"To remove the unrealistic part of low speed cornering". Drifting with rears locked was the fastest way in slow speed pre patch. They wanted to remove it before esports.

Did anyone really see any sort of drifting while cornering at low speeds from esports drivers? I didn’t. 

11 hours ago, UtubMaze said:

Why has the brake bias been changed?? In the previous patches, around 56% brake bias was used to prevent rear locking. Now we can run 50% brake bias again. Rear locking is practically non existent even on 50% brake bias. Just like the previous f1 games. It has become unrealistic again. In real life, drivers run around the 60% brake bias setting. Why did this change?.

5F25D2DF-BFBD-4A61-B933-3505B7CAEFB3.jpeg

Actually, they can use as low as 54%, but only for the first corner at the start or while preparing for overtaking under braking. 

• Agree 1

@UtubMaze undoubtedly they run with significantly higher brake bias on real F1, but I don't think 60% is that frequent. I'm talking entirely out of memory and from content put out by channels like Annotated Wheel Adjustments on social media, but I think it's usually around 53-58%, much in the vein of @Blackbird's example. I think I've seen 52~53% more often than 60+ outside the obvious brake magic scenario.

Anyway, if 50% BB gets back on being the standard for the game, I'm disappointed. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, marioho said:

@UtubMaze undoubtedly they run with significantly higher brake bias on real F1, but I don't think 60% is that frequent. I'm talking entirely out of memory and from content put out by channels like Annotated Wheel Adjustments on social media, but I think it's usually around 53-58%, much in the vein of @Blackbird's example. I think I've seen 52~53% more often than 60+ outside the obvious brake magic scenario.

Anyway, if 50% BB gets back on being the standard for the game, I'm disappointed. 

Can't f*****g believe it...the main improvement in terms of realism they did this 2021, and now they are back to that 50% s**t again...without any reason! Not to mention they've change drag values again but not downforce values...but of course none of these two huge changing were named in the patch log...am I wrong?

Edited by Alastre
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Blackbird said:

Did anyone really see any sort of drifting while cornering at low speeds from esports drivers? I didn’t. 

Josh Idowu Monaco TT WR some months back. Also Spa T1

Why and what exactly did Codemasters change the braking model??? Any concrete reasons I've not heard of?

Its feels god damn awful to me now, I ABSOLUTELY loved the launch version 😢 Back to low break bias settings which is ironically less realistic, we often see drivers in the high 50's not low 🙄 Another ****** pointless change

I'm never usually one to moan about changes to games I play but this has genuinely annoyed me and now enjoy the game less 🤦‍♂️

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Alastre said:

they've change drag values again but not downforce values

How do you know that? I personally believe they did a better job this time, because now we have similar max speeds to what I see in real F1 while maintaining high downforce levels. I remember questioning David Greco whether he would simply cut the downforce levels to make cars slower pace-wise, since the downforce was ok to me, but top speeds and speed in low speed corners were not.

6 hours ago, Hude said:

Josh Idowu Monaco TT WR some months back. Also Spa T1

I meant did they use it in leagues not in unrepresentative TT. I watch Opmeer's racing sometimes and can honestly say I did not see 50% bb or him sliding to make a corner. 

On this mainpage is already another thread about the same topic. Maybe you should write there. Nevertheless it is not pointless, what CM have decided. Codemasters had a good reason to change that, because in some cases you were faster with drifting around the corner with lower settings. 

@Hude postet a Video about that: 

There you can see, why Codemasters changed that. But I am with you. It like the fact, that too low Break bias Settings cause a lot oversteer in corner entry - like in real life. Maybe Codemasters find a solution to go back to the settings we had at release of the game and avoid fast drifting around corners. 

Don’t really get what the fuss is about... primary reason cars run front brake bias is stability under hard braking mainly at end off a straight going  into slow corners. As little is asked off front wheels Is slow corners. They can be used to handle the massive loads under heavy braking. Ive hated running front bias as it just adds to understeer and it asks to much off front wheels to brake and turn in when your at speed in bendy sections.   But it’s all personal preference... My braking style under hard braking  doesn’t need to be as far forward I was forced to have it.  Because My braking styles  purpose  esp under heavy braking is to keep an element off stability and control. By not put to much load onto the brakes in one go  Its a learned behaviour I guess... as I’ve always run with rear bias so fronts having now been put under heavy loads fast corners puts on them  aren’t impeded as much by braking loads when having to quickly change direction. Which means when coming up to fast corner you can brake later as the rears brakes help reduce pressure needed by front brakes. Which frees up the front wheels to turn in and change direction with ease.  Not to mention if your drifting a tab wide.  You can get away with a little tap off the brakes to just bring you back in.  Do that with high front bias and there every chance you’ll be facing the wrong direction.

btw my braking style is from years of having to from drive very fast on public roads. keeping the car stable under control and within its limits to be as safe as possible. For obvious reasons 

Edited by ScaredDuck
4 hours ago, Blackbird said:

How do you know that? I personally believe they did a better job this time, because now we have similar max speeds to what I see in real F1 while maintaining high downforce levels. I remember questioning David Greco whether he would simply cut the downforce levels to make cars slower pace-wise, since the downforce was ok to me, but top speeds and speed in low speed corners were not.

It's easy to check reading the game files with those data. :) They have added drag AND downforce generated by wings in the last patch, and this time just drag...i'm not complaining about that at all, just annoying they are not stated those changes (as well as the Brake Bias) in the patch log! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Can confirm here, 50% is back to the standard as with F1 2020 and it's really a pity, I was loving the new brake bias settings and the oversteer in entry.
That's clearly to fix that famous handling bug found by Esports drivers (although they are probably the only ones who can benefit from it), hopefully CM will find the way to reintroduce a more realistic brake bias, like in the early stages of F1 2021, without having that bug anymore. I really hope they could work on it, at least for F1 2022.

Greetings,
Nuv

• Agree 2