Jump to content Jump to content

[ALL] Ability to switch livery of F1 cars

Since this update, we have the nice one off Redbull Design. I find it hard to understand why Codemasters/EA replaced the original livery with the one off new one. And why you didn;t do this for the Mclaren Livery in Monaco? 

Can you place add a function, that we can select the Original Blue livery for Redbull or the white? 

• Agree 1

It is very annoying to see the Red Bull one-off livery become the permanent Red Bull livery in my career. It was supposed to be special for one race in Turkey (which we aren't even able to race in F1 2021) but it has become permanent in my career. Please bring back the regular livery. 

On 10/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, RaymondSmits said:

Since this update, we have the nice one off Redbull Design. I find it hard to understand why Codemasters/EA replaced the original livery with the one off new one. And why you didn;t do this for the Mclaren Livery in Monaco? 

Can you place add a function, that we can select the Original Blue livery for Redbull or the white? 

Playing devils advocate, the game came out after Monaco had raced, right?   The publicity stunt of including a one-off livery wouldn't make as much impact months after the fact when the team ran the livery. 

I'm really not a fan of the white Red Bull and i'm actually glad it's only a limited time edition thing. However, I do agree it would have been preferable to have the option of choosing which one you'd want as your active default livery. (After all, you may not be racing AS the Red Bull so you wouldn't be able to change it when you'd choose to be driving around as, say, a Williams). Other teams having special month-long liveries as well as Red Bull would have been nice but I don't think any other team other than Alfa Romeo at Italy have had a notable one since the game was released.  Most are just a sponsor here or there. 

However, the fact it is a temporary thing means they probably won't be looking to include a switching option at this time.