Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audio volume

I would like an option to change the audio volume from 0% to 100% (of everything) instead of the currently 50% we have, because I set everything except the co-driver to 50% (co-driver 100%) and driving some cars I still have some trouble hearing him well. I know it is possible to get a good sound in real life, it would be nice if I was able to change that here as well.

I think that's how I have it set, and even with my (cheap) 5.1 setup its still hard to hear him. I'm no expert on rally communication headsets, but I've flown in a two seater plane and I could understand the pilot perfectly through the headset.

The codriver volume is too low at the moment and we are looking to fix it.

We don't reduce our audio mixers down below 50% because if we do people steal our engine recordings.

KickUp said:

The codriver volume is too low at the moment and we are looking to fix it.

We don't reduce our audio mixers down below 50% because if we do people steal our engine recordings.

Just wanted to throw my few words...I've noticed recently (I think it's one of Finland stages) that there's a hearable difference in volume between medium speed recording and fastest speed recording (the second one is really hard to understand like it's been toned down with a software too much). I'll try to find it, and post back with specifics.

I understand your concern about stealing engine sounds, but honestly if someone wants to steal them he will do it anyway - one way or another.

P.S. I've noticed that the codriver's commands are extractable single OGG files, if I conclude right there's a pretty easy way to make your own notes into the game right? Would it be banned as this would require decompressing and compressing files back?