Jump to content Jump to content

Prevent Reverse when Holding Brake

Sorry if this is a noob question, but googling and searching these forums found nothing. I have a CSL Elite / PS2 wheel base and Formula V2 wheel with Clubsport V3 pedals. The controls seem to have this thing where if I hold the brake it goes into reverse. I would HATE to have that activate in a multiplayer race and push me back out in front of someone after a spin. It's extremely counter intuitive, especially since I learned to put "both feet in" about a decade ago in real race cars. I thought something was broken at first.

How do I turn it off so my brake pedal acts like... well.. you know... a brake pedal? I don't recall this being a problem with F1 2020 or 2019 (or if it was I found the solution much quicker and totally forgot)

2 hours ago, gusheck said:

Sorry if this is a noob question, but googling and searching these forums found nothing. I have a CSL Elite / PS2 wheel base and Formula V2 wheel with Clubsport V3 pedals. The controls seem to have this thing where if I hold the brake it goes into reverse. I would HATE to have that activate in a multiplayer race and push me back out in front of someone after a spin. It's extremely counter intuitive, especially since I learned to put "both feet in" about a decade ago in real race cars. I thought something was broken at first.

How do I turn it off so my brake pedal acts like... well.. you know... a brake pedal? I don't recall this being a problem with F1 2020 or 2019 (or if it was I found the solution much quicker and totally forgot)

Automatic gearbox selected in game play menu ?? I never used it so I don't know how they have it for the game but lots of other driving games have this weird reverse gear as a brake thing on an automatic box , I have that happen with the brakes in Isle of Man TT ride in the Hedge first edition that had the braking system designed by a 5 year old and makes use of the brakes a very on off experience as in if you apply them while doing 90mph you will most likely be in a hedge because it is actually a reverse gear as well even if you have manual gears selected.

If not wrong axis brake pedal compatibility or such.?

Edited by Exasperated