Jump to content Jump to content

Reworking the Personnel Facility bonuses

This is a topic some of us have talked about before and I feel the permanent stat boosts are negatively impacting the career modes. They make individual drivers stats redundant and gives us unrealistic scenarios. Bottas beating Hamilton regularly being the most obvious. Because Merc facilities give their drivers +10 in all stats, Bottas actually gets 100 in racecraft, awareness and pace whereas Hamilton gets 100, 95, 100 which might explain why Bottas is more often ahead. 

Why hire Hamilton for 20mil to get 100/95/100 when you can hire Gasly for 7mil for 100 in all three main stats?

So these are three possible reworks I think would improve this:

1. Bonus stats from facility or team activities break the 100 limit. This would mean at Merc that Hamilton would get 104/95/108 compared to Bottas at 101/102/102. This would keep mean stats remain meaningful when hiring drivers.

2. Change Personnel Boosts to only affect stat bonuses via team activities. Essentially, what Marketing does but remove driver stats from Marketing. Stat bonuses should only appear if you have the corresponding personnel boost. Obviously, the higher the facility rank, the bigger the boost.

3. Full rework. Facility bonuses allow access to a "Driver Training" programme which you can invest team cash into. Give each driver an "exp" bar for each stat and once training hits 100 then that stat increases. Maybe have some RNG so that if training fails they might lose "exp" and if it goes below 0 they lose a stat. The higher the facility rank the more "exp" they gain or more often they succeed. This would mean each players careers are different as drivers might get different training to others so one players Russell might end season 1 with 88 pace while on another players he might have 86.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

I typed this the other day in a message to someone... I’m totally guessing and have no idea if I’m anywhere close to being right... But I’ve played this game enough and other than someone at codies has I huge thing for Bottas I can’t think what else it could be 

Hamilton better stats to Bottas when it comes to pace and racecraft. When Hamilton is chasing me when he goes for the overtake he nails it:.. His high race craft in full effect:..  But I believe this could be hindering him.  When he’s behind me waiting to make the perfect pass..  (Im no time trialing bust lap after lap my times are super consistent) I’ve kept him behind for a number off laps:.. And this seems to be also true when he pits and comes out behind cars yet to pit... He takes a long time to pass the car compared to the other three..  Esp Bottas when he’s behind me he attempts to pass on every corner.. No waiting for his moment and this explains why he either crashes Into me or passes..   I assume that hisbehaviour is the same when he’s passing other ai.. But as the other ai cars don’t put up the same defence I do..  Whenever there’s a gap I expect he goes for it and his pace and the cars pace easily get the job done..  so he’s not  losing much time.. I’m sure his lack off race craft works to his advantage:  where Hamilton’s high race craft forces him to not be so wreckless. And seems to sapped his aggression:  and Bottas lack has boosted someone who’s known for having no aggression to mad max (Mel Gidson) levels

• Agree 1
12 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I typed this the other day in a message to someone... I’m totally guessing and have no idea if I’m anywhere close to being right... But I’ve played this game enough and other than someone at codies has I huge thing for Bottas I can’t think what else it could be 

Hamilton better stats to Bottas when it comes to pace and racecraft. When Hamilton is chasing me when he goes for the overtake he nails it:.. His high race craft in full effect:..  But I believe this could be hindering him.  When he’s behind me waiting to make the perfect pass..  (Im no time trialing bust lap after lap my times are super consistent) I’ve kept him behind for a number off laps:.. And this seems to be also true when he pits and comes out behind cars yet to pit... He takes a long time to pass the car compared to the other three..  Esp Bottas when he’s behind me he attempts to pass on every corner.. No waiting for his moment and this explains why he either crashes Into me or passes..   I assume that hisbehaviour is the same when he’s passing other ai.. But as the other ai cars don’t put up the same defence I do..  Whenever there’s a gap I expect he goes for it and his pace and the cars pace easily get the job done..  so he’s not  losing much time.. I’m sure his lack off race craft works to his advantage:  where Hamilton’s high race craft forces him to not be so wreckless. And seems to sapped his aggression:  and Bottas lack has boosted someone who’s known for having no aggression to mad max (Mel Gidson) levels

Ive been thinks that for a few year . That who ever does the driver performance's . Are going off personal favourite   rather than the official rankings . Off drivers .

Bottas' and Hamilton's stats themselves are actually fairly accurate (although I'd bump Hamilton's awareness to at least 92). Its the permanent personnel boosts that are skewing the results making Bottas look better as they're both performing at 100 pace.

There was a patch not long ago where the permanent boosts were bugged and not applying the bonuses. During that patch, Hamilton was consistently ahead of Bottas and pretty much the whole field were performing at the correct level. Then they fixed the boosts in the next patch and suddenly Bottas is performing better than Hamilton again and Perez is matching Verstappen again.

The stats (although I'd alter most of them) aren't really the problem. It's the permanent boosts. The exact same thing will happen if Gasly ends up as Hamilton's teammate for example.

• Agree 2

The permanent boost theory seems accurate to me. Which means either lowering the base stats or raising the ceiling about 100.

Oddly, though I don't think this changes what you've deduced, Hamilton won the first year of my My Team, and is winning in season 2. A lot in part to faults out of Bottas' control. It's clear in the game that when they are head to head, Bottas is generally faster. 

Feel alittle foolish... I’ve played tons off myteam careers and it didn’t occur to me that the ai team drivers also got boosted from the driver facilities... I think because  it says in facilities it’s says it’s for your 2nd driver.  Obvious reason as to why: but it went over my head 😂  But as that’s the case I totally agree it’s stupid... and also explains as focus is the only ai stat you can see change... It explains why all the ai drivers focus were in the read when the game wasn’t applying the boosts and why they are now all in the green.

Other reason is I don’t upgrade them.  I’m not paying millions to help improve my teammates stats only for him to beat me...  Already got Jeff sabotaging me at every opportunity.  I’m the daddy in this firm!!!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Liaveil said:

Bottas' and Hamilton's stats themselves are actually fairly accurate (although I'd bump Hamilton's awareness to at least 92). Its the permanent personnel boosts that are skewing the results making Bottas look better as they're both performing at 100 pace.

There was a patch not long ago where the permanent boosts were bugged and not applying the bonuses. During that patch, Hamilton was consistently ahead of Bottas and pretty much the whole field were performing at the correct level. Then they fixed the boosts in the next patch and suddenly Bottas is performing better than Hamilton again and Perez is matching Verstappen again.

The stats (although I'd alter most of them) aren't really the problem. It's the permanent boosts. The exact same thing will happen if Gasly ends up as Hamilton's teammate for example.

Exactly, GP mode proves the base stats working fine Hamilton is in general untouchable by Bottas, although i would disagree with Hamiltons awareness at 92 for this season but thats a whole different discussion😂

Stat boosts IMO should be only short term boosts for like a month or so, rather a focus boost than actual stats boost and definitely go over 100, or reduce every drivers stat so that they only get 100 with all the boosts.

• Agree 1
On 10/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, Meza994 said:

Exactly, GP mode proves the base stats working fine Hamilton is in general untouchable by Bottas, although i would disagree with Hamiltons awareness at 92 for this season but thats a whole different discussion😂

Stat boosts IMO should be only short term boosts for like a month or so, rather a focus boost than actual stats boost and definitely go over 100, or reduce every drivers stat so that they only get 100 with all the boosts.

Ha! To be honest I'd like to see them add a feature where we can edit stats ourselves. Between seasons we could change them to suit how we think a driver will perform, maybe even between races. Ricciardo is a perfect example. Say its F1 2020 again, season 1 Ricciardo with 92 pace, joins McLaren for season 2 and struggles so we could drop him to 87 pace. Would be pretty fun especially if we could manually set the driver lineups from season 2 onwards.

Back to the boosts though, yeah they definitely should only be temporary and "overstack" over 100. A mix of 1 and 2 from the topic would be ideal really and could be patched into this game as it isnt really a full redesign.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Liaveil said:

Ha! To be honest I'd like to see them add a feature where we can edit stats ourselves. Between seasons we could change them to suit how we think a driver will perform, maybe even between races. Ricciardo is a perfect example. Say its F1 2020 again, season 1 Ricciardo with 92 pace, joins McLaren for season 2 and struggles so we could drop him to 87 pace. Would be pretty fun especially if we could manually set the driver lineups from season 2 onwards.

Back to the boosts though, yeah they definitely should only be temporary and "overstack" over 100. A mix of 1 and 2 from the topic would be ideal really and could be patched into this game as it isnt really a full redesign.

Yeah it would allow complete "storylines" but idk how easy it is, those stats decide the behavior of the driver on track and their pace but it would be cool..

Dunno how easy it would be to change it into temporary but easily reduce all stats but EXP by 15 so that every driver is affected by the stats to their full impact, EXP shouldnt matter tho as it doesnt make a difference past 100

On 10/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, Meza994 said:

Yeah it would allow complete "storylines" but idk how easy it is, those stats decide the behavior of the driver on track and their pace but it would be cool..

Dunno how easy it would be to change it into temporary but easily reduce all stats but EXP by 15 so that every driver is affected by the stats to their full impact, EXP shouldnt matter tho as it doesnt make a difference past 100

Yeah just something to make the base driver stats actually be relevant would be ideal. I'm not sure about nerfing stats too hard but certainly make it so stats go over 100 with bonuses would keep them relevant. Even if it just caps at 105 or so. Then again, because smaller teams only get +5 stats for a pretty long time, these boosts are also making the car difference look bigger and why Williams and Alfa cant get close to Q2 or points. With the boosts gone, we would probably see Williams and Alfa actually being relevant in game too.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Liaveil said:

Yeah just something to make the base driver stats actually be relevant would be ideal. I'm not sure about nerfing stats too hard but certainly make it so stats go over 100 with bonuses would keep them relevant. Even if it just caps at 105 or so. Then again, because smaller teams only get +5 stats for a pretty long time, these boosts are also making the car difference look bigger and why Williams and Alfa cant get close to Q2 or points. With the boosts gone, we would probably see Williams and Alfa actually being relevant in game too.

Question is how the ratings work.. If 100 is a definitive maximum then theyd need to nerf all drivers by 15 stats so that the boosts have always their full effect, IMO 105 wouldnt even suffice as Bottas would still be the same as Hamilton but also i dont think we need stats boosts, feels too artificial and unrealistic to me, focus boosts would be a better thing

1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

Question is how the ratings work.. If 100 is a definitive maximum then theyd need to nerf all drivers by 15 stats so that the boosts have always their full effect, IMO 105 wouldnt even suffice as Bottas would still be the same as Hamilton but also i dont think we need stats boosts, feels too artificial and unrealistic to me, focus boosts would be a better thing

I keep forgetting that the Focus stat is there! I agree with that, it's been added so should be utilized. Maybe they should even think about having separate focus stats for each of the main stats which the personnel facilities could use instead. Higher pace focus stat meaning they perform at their maximum pace more often but could have low racecraft focus so struggle with overtaking a bit more perhaps.

27 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

I keep forgetting that the Focus stat is there! I agree with that, it's been added so should be utilized. Maybe they should even think about having separate focus stats for each of the main stats which the personnel facilities could use instead. Higher pace focus stat meaning they perform at their maximum pace more often but could have low racecraft focus so struggle with overtaking a bit more perhaps.

If it is only 1 focus boost per time id not dislike it lol, its just kinda artificial in basis to me, especially Experience is not something thats easily boosted, awareness and racecraft also mostly come with time (or doenst lol) and can not be boosted in a way that pace on a track can with a lot of practice

• Agree 1

I think it should be removed completely.  And replaced with something like increasing race engineer stats or some such thing that doesn’t directly adversely interfere with ai driver stats.  Sick off Bottas winning

• Agree 1

I’d love to see them removed for pace. I’d be happy with it all lowered so only with the bonus could a driver hit 100. I would not mind if the facilities all age, teams would need to reinvest in facilities so the boosts change year on year. Something. 

• Agree 1