Jump to content Jump to content

Driver Transfers

I'm sorry but why are they still "investigating" it? What's the downside? It literally was in last year's game, why do they have to think so much about it? People have been asking for it since release. I don't even know why would they remove a function like that in the first place.

There's nothing as immersion breaking as racing against a completely mixed up grid. Most driver transfers don't even make sense at all. You have good drivers going to **** teams/no team at all, and average drivers going to the top teams. Already in my 2nd Driver season I see Latifi in Red Bull, Verstappen in Ferrari, Leclerc in Aston Martin, Vettel in Williams, and Sainz (arguably a top5 driver IRL) got completely fired and replaced with a random F2 driver (not even a good one). At this rate, by season 5 the grid might as well be randomized, it's awful.

I even put "Driver Acclaim Rate (AI)" to "Reduced" to stop drivers from getting too much acclaim and switching teams often, but several transfers still take place.

The above is a quote I messed up sorry to the author.

Code Masters have to start listening to their customers the switch was in F1 2020 they have given no reason what so ever for taking it out and no matter the reason it ain't going to be good enough. 

It is ruining some players career immersion we have all had ridiculous swaps. I don't even want to have transfers till season 5 or 6 but I don't want you telling me how I should do it so put the switch back to give us the choice, and stop taking things out that we had in previous F1 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I Couldn't agree more. What is there to investigate? 

The option was there in F1 2019 : transfers on, transfers at end of season only, or transfers off. What is so difficult in understanding that the customer wanted this then and STILL wants it now? If you can't allow players to choose which driver goes to which team for themselves, then at least put those three options back in. The current mid season transfers are just plain ridiculous.

Apart from the un-believable transfers that can happen, which in itself is immersion breaking, it completely ruins the whole championship fight when the main contenders might suddenly move to a slow team for no apparent reason. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea? I think that person needs to watch some F1 for a few years, and try to get an idea of how things actually work in real life.

I'm not trying to insult just for the sake of it, I'm just giving plain factual feedback. This is the official F1 game, so please have a care for some of the important details.

Yet again, I am still waiting & hoping to buy this years version IF you finally amend this transfer nonsense. Meanwhile, I stay with F1 2019. 

• Agree 1
28 minutes ago, Morsify said:

transfers on, transfers at end of season only, or transfers off

That should be the way - and we want this for myteam mode as well, though it seems that contracts work completely different there.

• Agree 2

A switch to have transfers off just doesn't work with the logic of the game, at least in MyTeam.  MyTeam requires driver changes and if you can't change drivers then there's no point to the mode.

If you get beyond season 5 with Alonso still knocking around then he has around 75 pace, which if you turn transfers off means Alpine would be pants every race as everyone else is in the 90's so will be faster than him. Merc would have the problem with Lewis and Alfa with Kimi.   If you stop declining stats then you have to simultaneously stop stats increase too which means Russell/Mick/etc will be underperforming the entire time. 

Driver transfers have to be a thing so turning them off just doesn't work.  It just needs to be sensible, which is subjective, or give control to the player. 

• Agree 4
On 10/25/2021 at 11:11 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

A switch to have transfers off just doesn't work with the logic of the game, at least in MyTeam.  MyTeam requires driver changes and if you can't change drivers then there's no point to the mode.

If you get beyond season 5 with Alonso still knocking around then he has around 75 pace, which if you turn transfers off means Alpine would be pants every race as everyone else is in the 90's so will be faster than him. Merc would have the problem with Lewis and Alfa with Kimi.   If you stop declining stats then you have to simultaneously stop stats increase too which means Russell/Mick/etc will be underperforming the entire time. 

Driver transfers have to be a thing so turning them off just doesn't work.  It just needs to be sensible, which is subjective, or give control to the player. 

Exactly this! 

This is where my idea in a similar thread belongs to.

• Agree 1
12 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

Exactly this! 

This is where my idea in a similar thread belongs to.

I'd have no problem at all with the system you've designed being implemented.  The only concern i'd have would be that everyones game would be a little... 'samey'. Like you'd always have the same people going to the same places in everyones game so it takes out the unique aspect. (although I suppose you only play your own game so aren't too bothered by whom is going where in somebody elses unless you really like the 'popular' content creators for some reason)

If some odd moves had a realistic in-game story-based explanation then i'd be all in.  For example, Alpha Tauri is an obvious one.  Gasly gets fed up with waiting for his Red Bull chance and a news article is in your feed saying "Gasly to leave the Red Bull umbrella to join Alpine". Joining the Red Bull Academy will be *unaffiliated F2 Driver*.  Would be nice if they had helmets too that worked with each respective team. 

I'd be happy not having control if the system made sense, such as Championship leaders not changing mid-season, Latifi not always ending up at Red Bull, etc.   I just don't think I'd have the utmost trust in their revised system working that much better 😂   At least your idea has logic and structure (multiple acclaim levels required per team and financial/team boosts to driver acclaim dependent on team) so it would work if implemented successfully. 

• Agree 1

Let the player turn them off at least for mid year. A shuffle end of season makes sense. I had the championship leader get dropped out of F1 at the mid year. So unless he said something egregious in a press conference there was no excuse.