Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?


Recommended Posts

So Codemasters and @BarryBL this is about what would be nice AND realistic for F1 22 and in short - the now provisional official calendar + Portimao, China and Istanbul Park.

I think that this is a realistic choice of tracks, China and Portimao already good tracks ingame, Portimao and Istanbul Park are fan favourites (as you could clearly see the past months) and China is a league classic Which would "only" be the licensing for those 3, which might even get easier as some races might still not happen because of Covid and get replaced by them, and to make Istanbul Park ingame. That with the creation of the Miami circuit and the changes to Australia, Abu Dhabi and Spain is quite a bit of track work but i think its not toooo much asked, you know how the fans liked new/more accurate/additional tracks!

We players should not get overambitious and ask things that are not achievable with next years rule change! But lets keep this topic going to make clear to Codemasters that this is something worth doing!😀

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wont happen, they can include the tracks which will be this list so they will have miami to make as a new track and spain, australia & abu dhabi to have the reprofiled corners added as they said this year.

These are what the license will allow them to include in the game for f1 2022. If any races get canceled next year or substituted then the original calendar will still be what is in the game no matter what people say or complain about

 

 

B6A838ED-63EF-415D-BFEA-2FAA5EFB9264.jpeg

Edited by cearp8858
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think..there is istanbul option.."maybe" if turkey gets its place on calendar..there is no big licence issue..but it has to get on calendar..which I think it will...

plus- they would have only game that has official istanbul track...so they might benefit from it..as dlc? ( I think we will be willing to pay some money for having it...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cearp8858 said:

Wont happen, they can include the tracks which will be this list so they will have miami to make as a new track and spain, australia & abu dhabi to have the reprofiled corners added as they said this year.

These are what the license will allow them to include in the game for f1 2022. If any races get canceled next year or substituted then the original calendar will still be what is in the game no matter what people say or complain about

 

 

B6A838ED-63EF-415D-BFEA-2FAA5EFB9264.jpeg

They have the option to get additional licences, which they did for F1 2013 too, its possible and something fans request frequently! Its really not impossible!

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

They have the option to get additional licences, which they did for F1 2013 too, its possible and something fans request frequently! Its really not impossible!

They would have picked up that additional licensing prior to starting work on that iteration of the game. That is how licesning for IRL stuff in video games works. It isnt normal practice to make the content first and then seek the licensing.

On top of that, it also depends on what the shareholders vote for as well. As well as if the FIA and FOM want any additional content in a particular years title. There are a lot of veriables in all of this, that we as users and customers are not privvy to.

But it is usually a time consuming practice to aquire licening. Plus it also boils down to money, and the time to produce that content once licensing is granted. Once that years title is out, it really isnt worth codemasters time or money to seek additional licensing to add additional content into that particular years life cycle. They will already be working on F1 2022, with some of the team handling patches. And by the time they have created the additional content and are ready to add it into the game, the next years title will already be in its release window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

They would have picked up that additional licensing prior to starting work on that iteration of the game. That is how licesning for IRL stuff in video games works. It isnt normal practice to make the content first and then seek the licensing.

On top of that, it also depends on what the shareholders vote for as well. As well as if the FIA and FOM want any additional content in a particular years title. There are a lot of veriables in all of this, that we as users and customers are not privvy to.

But it is usually a time consuming practice to aquire licening. Plus it also boils down to money, and the time to produce that content once licensing is granted. Once that years title is out, it really isnt worth codemasters time or money to seek additional licensing to add additional content into that particular years life cycle. They will already be working on F1 2022, with some of the team handling patches. And by the time they have created the additional content and are ready to add it into the game, the next years title will already be in its release window.

Of course it take time and they are working on F1 2022 since January with one team and the other team will start working on F1 2023 in january. Idk how much FOM actually decides the content of a F1 game but sure they have to agree to every thing that has to go into the game, but if we as a community never speak up to get things like this it wont ever happen! Besides, Codemasters could always add those 3 tracks i suggested as a 5-10€ DLC which would make up for their extra work which is not near as much work as in 2013.

Shareholders would likely be ok with a little more work for extra money lol its all a question of how you (Codemasters in this case) sell it to them.

Its still about 9 months till the next game and IF they would go for releasing the extra tracks in October 2022 no player would have a problem with it and 12 months to get the licence and make 1 extra track is enough time for a DLC which gets them extra money. BarryBL even replied to a suggestion list that included classic tracks that he passes it on to the devs (of course he also talked about the troubles with licence).

If we dont try it we cant complain about a bad calendar (still sceptical about Miami and Jeddah as actual race tracks lol)😜

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think you are all expecting too much outside the official calendar announced yesterday, I mean look at the state of multiplayer we have been requesting dedicated race servers like what's possible on assetto corsa, assetto corsa competizioni, iracing & rfactor for many many many years  and we still don't have that

f1 2022 will be the official licensed game for that season so will only include the tracks announced on the 1st draft of the calendar 

Edited by cearp8858
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

I still think you are all expecting too much outside the official calendar announced yesterday, I mean look at the state of multiplayer we have been requesting dedicated race servers like what's possible on assetto corsa, assetto corsa competizioni, iracing & rfactor for many many many years  and we still don't have that

f1 2022 will be the official licensed game for that season so will only include the tracks announced on the 1st draft of the calendar 

The multiplayer has been awful for years no amount of servers or P2P will change that. QA and uncomplete titles are the problem. I don't think it's a bad thing to ask for more tracks beyond the calender whether or not it's to much work is down to CM themselves.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

The multiplayer is fine, not my main mode but every time i jump in it for a race it works exactly like i’d expect with no issues!

Time spent on additional tracks would be just about the best use of their resources on F1 2022 as far as I’m concerned.

Ahahah, do you really need to downvote me? ROTFLMAO! :classic_laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

Ahahah, do you really need to downvote me? ROTFLMAO! :classic_laugh:

Well its his right to downvote, lets not make this a fight thread!😛

I can see why you think that the tracks will never make it but after all Australia might still get kicked from the calendar and then one of these races might happen and get in the game farely quick. So its not 100%, how big the chances are outside of this scenario is a good question, but i prefer to try it at least🙂 Lets just hope for the best even if it requires a few races getting replaced because of covid haha😀

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Well its his right to downvote, lets not make this a fight thread!😛

I can see why you think that the tracks will never make it but after all Australia might still get kicked from the calendar and then one of these races might happen and get in the game farely quick. So its not 100%, how big the chances are outside of this scenario is a good question, but i prefer to try it at least🙂 Lets just hope for the best even if it requires a few races getting replaced because of covid haha😀

No fight meant, I know the members' reputation means very little, but I never downvote anyone (unless it's a huge bs or it's a case of blatant trolling) just for an opinion different than mine. As for the tracks in 2022, yes, anything's possible, however I don't believe Codies will take any decision based on our requests. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

No fight meant, I know the members' reputation means very little, but I never downvote anyone (unless it's a huge bs or it's a case of blatant trolling) just for an opinion different than mine. As for the tracks in 2022, yes, anything's possible, however I don't believe Codies will take any decision based on our requests. 😉

No not based on our requests, but a strong showing what feature is wanted by the majority of the fanbase might influence some decisions at least a bit😋

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

It may not be a bad thing but, get real: we won't ever have them. Even Portimao, it's the best F1 2021 track, will not be there, 100% sure.

Ok lets gets real here. Lots of people complained about the 2009 brawn missing from the game in 2017 which was added the following year. F1 2017 Classic Car Reveal - Williams [UK] - YouTube The same for 2012 when a lot of people complained about more classic tracks we saw that in 2013. The point is if enough people ask for it realistically it's not beyond impossible from it happening.

Edited by Chromatic
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

Fulfilling this request (above link I encourage you to leave a comment and like) + new tracks + making a new network code would probably give F1 2022 a kick and there would be definitely better ratings for this game.

Sure would but i dont like to advertise my request in every thread😛 but it sure helps to get attention by Codemasters!

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Ok lets gets real here. Lots of people complained about the 2009 brawn missing from the game in 2017 which was added the following year. The same for 2012 when a lot of people complained about more classic tracks we saw that in 2013. The point is if enough people ask for it realistically it's not beyond impossible from it happening.

your so right!!! I mean, I personally don't need 10 track...if they would give us ISTANBULPARK TURKEY, MUGELLO ( which they have from SMS ), NURBURGRING ( same from mad studios )..MAYBE THROW 2020 AND 2021 ( MERC AND REDBULL CARS as max and Lewis rival edition) PACK THEM AS DLC..I AM WILLING TO PAY THAT 20-30€ WITHOUT A QUESTION

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

your so right!!! I mean, I personally don't need 10 track...if they would give us ISTANBULPARK TURKEY, MUGELLO ( which they have from SMS ), NURBURGRING ( same from mad studios )..MAYBE THROW 2020 AND 2021 ( MERC AND REDBULL CARS as max and Lewis rival edition) PACK THEM AS DLC..I AM WILLING TO PAY THAT 20-30€ WITHOUT A QUESTION

Cant expect too much of them for next year! A realistic idea i had yesterday is a yearly additional tracks DLC, the base game comes with only the official calendar and then you can buy a bonus tracks DLC (which are usable in career mode!) and for the first year its only e.g. the tracks i suggested for 5€ then for every new year they add one fan favoured track to that DLC if its possible with the new tracks they HAVE to do for the official calendar (2023 might be 2-3) and raise the price of the DLC by like ~1.5€ so when there are 4 tracks its ~6.5€, 5 tracks ~8€ etc. i think thats a achievable thing every year but needs a price raise because each track is more work every year (mostly the AI training).

The tracks they "have" from SMS dont matter sadly as its a different engine😕

Edited by Meza994
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

your so right!!! I mean, I personally don't need 10 track...if they would give us ISTANBULPARK TURKEY, MUGELLO ( which they have from SMS ), NURBURGRING ( same from mad studios )..MAYBE THROW 2020 AND 2021 ( MERC AND REDBULL CARS as max and Lewis rival edition) PACK THEM AS DLC..I AM WILLING TO PAY THAT 20-30€ WITHOUT A QUESTION

Your right man I'd pay for more new circuits outside the calender as DLC or classic cars. The amount of people who praised codemasters for the Portimao and Imola circuits after they were released as post released content is immense. It has the added benefit of keeping the hype of the game up. The season pass 1/2/3 has some meaning now beyond some liveries as tracks are added more people will be likely to purchase that as well.   

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Cant expect too much of them for next year! A realistic idea i had yesterday is a yearly additional tracks DLC, the base game comes with only the official calendar and then you can buy a bonus tracks DLC (which are usable in career mode!) and for the first year its only e.g. the tracks i suggested for 5€ then for every new year they add one fan favoured track to that DLC if its possible with the new tracks they HAVE to do for the official calendar (2023 might be 2-3) and raise the price of the DLC by like ~1.5€ so when there are 4 tracks its ~6.5€, 5 tracks ~8€ etc. i think thats a achievable thing every year but needs a price raise because each track is more work every year (mostly the AI training).

The tracks they "have" from SMS dont matter sadly as its a different engine😕

different engine yes..but some data can be obtained..or not? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

A realistic idea i had yesterday is a yearly additional tracks DLC, the base game comes with only the official calendar and then you can buy a bonus tracks DLC (which are usable in career mode!) and for the first year its only e.g. the tracks i suggested for 5€ then for every new year they add one fan favoured track to that DLC if its possible with the new tracks they HAVE to do for the official calendar (2023 might be 2-3) and raise the price of the DLC by like ~1.5€ so when there are 4 tracks its ~6.5€, 5 tracks ~8€ etc. i think thats a achievable thing every year but needs a price raise because each track is more work every year (mostly the AI training).

The tracks they "have" from SMS dont matter sadly as its a different engine😕

Good idea a simple track pack every year would do wonders. If it's ok to expand on your idea. Say five tracks every year are as part of the track pack. The sixth track could be voted for (fan track) on a poll of selected tracks outside the game and track pack. 1 year before. To give them time needed to construct the circuit. And get the license. The track that wins the poll gets selected to be added out of all the other tracks in the poll. Twitter and youtube would probably be the best for this. 

Perhaps maybe @BarryBL would like to add on this hypothetical not certain topic on this subject as we cast our minds on such things years from now? 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...