Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?

13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Good idea a simple track pack every year would do wonders. If it's ok to expand on your idea. Say five tracks every year are as part of the track pack. The sixth track could be voted for (fan track) on a poll of selected tracks outside the game and track pack. 1 year before. To give them time needed to construct the circuit. And get the license. The track that wins the poll gets selected to be added out of all the other tracks in the poll. Twitter and youtube would probably be the best for this.  

I think it would be a good idea for fans to feel what track they would like.

25 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Good idea a simple track pack every year would do wonders. If it's ok to expand on your idea. Say five tracks every year are as part of the track pack. The sixth track could be voted for (fan track) on a poll of selected tracks outside the game and track pack. 1 year before. To give them time needed to construct the circuit. And get the license. The track that wins the poll gets selected to be added out of all the other tracks in the poll. Twitter and youtube would probably be the best for this. 

Perhaps maybe @BarryBL would like to add on this hypothetical not certain topic on this subject as we cast our minds on such things years from now? 

Not sure if im as much a fan of your idea because at the current development of the calendar (Jeddah, Qatar, Miami - all tracks i dont rate good) id rather have a bigger pool than 5 or 6 to choose from in the future haha some tracks might get into the calendar eventually tho so that would make space in the track pack for others but 6 tracks would be amazing already, just cant see this really happen before 2024😔 (the amount of tracks) but aside of that its also a cool idea to have 1 fanvoted track.😄

Lets gather some tracks, wheather grade 1 or 2 that would be good for such a pack that havent been in the game the past 2 years?

Sepang, Turkey, Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Mugello, Magny Cours, Kyalami (really cool track sadly grade 2 tho), India (i like it lol)

Portimao and China are of course also needed but might reappear on the calendar anyway

• Agree 3
4 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

if I have option to chose 1..I would say turkey istanbulpark..love those hi speed turn 8 flatout full throttle..

what do others wanna see..if they have to chose 1?

It was just meant to have a list of what tracks could make it into a DLC pack, not just one but all that would be good and realistic, but lets keep it with the pack idea of 5, so everybody is welcome to state 5 realistic tracks for such a pack, for me Sepang, Turkey, Magny Cours, Mugello and Nürburgring as Kyalami is sadly too unrealistic as a grade 2 track but that would be my 6th lol

• Agree 1
20 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

It was just meant to have a list of what tracks could make it into a DLC pack, not just one but all that would be good and realistic, but lets keep it with the pack idea of 5, so everybody is welcome to state 5 realistic tracks for such a pack, for me Sepang, Turkey, Magny Cours, Mugello and Nürburgring as Kyalami is sadly too unrealistic as a grade 2 track but that would be my 6th lol

nothing much to say..same tracks for me as you mentioned..those are ultra great!!

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

I would suggest tracks that have been done on a foreign engine or those that are due to come in this season ie: 
Sepang 
Hockenhaim
Instabul Park
Vietnam
China
Portugal

if codies would even consider 2 of them I would be glad: my pick on your list

1. turkey istanbul park

2. malaysia sepang

GOD LEAT CODIES HEAR.......   

Circuit_Istanbul.png

1200px-Sepang.svg.png

• Agree 1
27 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

If I had to pick five myself I'd go for old hockenheim F1 German GP Hockenheim 2001 - Rubens Barrichello Onboard Lap (50 FPS) - YouTube 

Sepang,

Turkey,

Yeongam South Korea, (lookup 2012 season) or Magny Cours,

Indianapolis Motor speedway

Also good suggestions, really like the old Hockenheim but probably just nostalgia haha, just hate South Korea, just noooo flow for me at all so id be all up for Magny Cours and Indianapolis is also a lot of nostalgia but id prefer the old layout, not the modern.

6 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

I would suggest tracks that have been done on a foreign engine or those that are due to come in this season ie: 
Sepang 
Hockenhaim
Instabul Park
Vietnam
China
Portugal

I think this is a more realistic and still very good list of tracks - cut Vietnam and its amazing😂 - the "easier" it is to get the tracks into the game (no big differences in the engine) the higher the chance of implementation!👍😄

If there is any classic or added content for F1 2022, I COMPLETELY APPROVE! I have not been able to get my hands on F1 2013 and I don't feel that it is worthwhile to get the other previous games (2017 - 2020). It is always better when there is classic content in a racing game (everyone still thinks that F1 2013, 2017 (kinda), 2018. 2019, and 2020 will all be remembered for their extra content).

• Agree 1

All good, but the 2022 Calendar is subject to changes as this pandemic is going nowhere soon. Now this brings me to the thorny subject of Istanbul Park. Turkey has stepped in to fill cancellations gaps two consecutive years, and I'm sure 2022 will be no different. So this is what I propose Codemasters do: get this track scanned and include it as a provisional track in the game for 2022.  You have enough data for drivers and cars, albeit not for the new cars, but data nonetheless. As Miami is the only new track scheduled for 2022 and if classic cars are not being ported to the 2022 game, I don't see why this should be a tall request!

• Agree 2
4 hours ago, EpiclySlowCars said:

If there is any classic or added content for F1 2022, I COMPLETELY APPROVE! I have not been able to get my hands on F1 2013 and I don't feel that it is worthwhile to get the other previous games (2017 - 2020). It is always better when there is classic content in a racing game (everyone still thinks that F1 2013, 2017 (kinda), 2018. 2019, and 2020 will all be remembered for their extra content).

Not been able to get your hands on F1 2013 even after I told you where to get a copy on all available formats including the classic and the complete edition back some months ago when you mentioned it and then replied that you weren't actually looking for it.

8 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

All good, but the 2022 Calendar is subject to changes as this pandemic is going nowhere soon. Now this brings me to the thorny subject of Istanbul Park. Turkey has stepped in to fill cancellations gaps two consecutive years, and I'm sure 2022 will be no different. So this is what I propose Codemasters do: get this track scanned and include it as a provisional track in the game for 2022.  You have enough data for drivers and cars, albeit not for the new cars, but data nonetheless. As Miami is the only new track scheduled for 2022 and if classic cars are not being ported to the 2022 game, I don't see why this should be a tall request!

Pretty much the same im asking haha only that i asked about a port of Portimao and China too which is far less work than Turkey😀

13 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Pretty much the same im asking haha only that i asked about a port of Portimao and China too which is far less work than Turkey😀

Well I will say one thing...if it so hard for them to make turkey( development) ( not thinking about licence )...how do you get new people playing? New products make new costumers and new things bring old costumers back? or am I wrong?? Long life of a game is what they need to develop...myself I don't play career mode..so I am multiplayer, tt, and granprix player...I know many people similar to me..and it gets boring after couple of months...

so I would bet turkey,mugello, sepang or some other would do a job

MY OPINNION OFCOURSE

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Marko4455 said:

Well I will say one thing...if it so hard for them to make turkey( development) ( not thinking about licence )...how do you get new people playing? New products make new costumers and new things bring old costumers back? or am I wrong?? Long life of a game is what they need to develop...myself I don't play career mode..so I am multiplayer, tt, and granprix player...I know many people similar to me..and it gets boring after couple of months...

so I would bet turkey,mugello, sepang or some other would do a job

MY OPINNION OFCOURSE

Braking Point was Codemasters' principle way of trying to attract new players in the current game I'd have thought,

Given the issues with online perfrormance and particularly how this has impacted league racing, I'd personally argue for Codemasters focusing on improvements to try to retain current players rather than particularly targeting new ones. More tracks is obviously always going to be nice to have but not at the expense of other things. Arguable the state of F1 2021 at launch was a reflection of this actually.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Braking Point was Codemasters' principle way of trying to attract new players in the current game I'd have thought,

Given the issues with online perfrormance and particularly how this has impacted league racing, I'd personally argue for Codemasters focusing on improvements to try to retain current players rather than particularly targeting new ones. More tracks is obviously always going to be nice to have but not at the expense of other things. Arguable the state of F1 2021 at launch was a reflection of this actually.

While i agree with the base logic i dont see why the same people creating/working on tracks and training the AI would work on the netcode/multiplayer bugs. Those should be two completely different work areas IMO but i agree that they should focus aswell on fixing multiplayer now, even tho i didnt play a single online race in all the years i play the games😂 But as you said, it retains the current players and if online reviews talk about a fixed online play then new players will not hesitate as much to buy it

On 10/16/2021 at 6:20 AM, cearp8858 said:

Wont happen, they can include the tracks which will be this list so they will have miami to make as a new track and spain, australia & abu dhabi to have the reprofiled corners added as they said this year.

These are what the license will allow them to include in the game for f1 2022. If any races get canceled next year or substituted then the original calendar will still be what is in the game no matter what people say or complain about

B6A838ED-63EF-415D-BFEA-2FAA5EFB9264.jpeg

Wait they said they are adding the reprofiled corners?

Can't believe Caesers Palace isn't on anyones shortlist yet. 

I'd probably avoid nations having multiple grand prix tracks under the same nation.  I'm aware Miami and Austin will be on next years which ruins that straight away but i'd like to have more nations.

So Indianapolis and Magny-Cours are out.  If Germany was to have one then it'd be Hockenheim OR Nurburgring but not both.  

No idea if Qatar this year might be any good. If it works really well then i'd not mind it for next edition but what would be the point in creating a track that isn't going to be used ever again in reality. Not really a massive fan of the Sakhir track but it's technically different to Bahrain, even if they have the same flag. I thought Yeongam was dull and weirdly proportioned in terms of sectors and the pit exit was odd so not fussed about that one. 

So, (dis)honourable mentions for ones I wouldn't roll my eyes if they said they'd be including but not on my list; India, Magny-Cours, Kyalami, Estoril, Mugello, Jerez.

Germany - It feels like a long time since Nurburgring has been on the game so maybe that'd be more effort to modernise but I think it would be more interesting.  Hockenheim was always a decent track for me so I can't complain if they included that one.

Turkey - Surprisingly positive feedback for a Tilke track.  It seems to be one that the drivers like and generally has okay racing. The fact it has appeared two years in a row and seems to be the primary standby track means it also makes sense to prepare it.  However, a track that may be shoehorned onto the actual calendar before the cut-off date would be one less 'extra' track if it was to be included in the actual calendar and replaced something else. 

Malaysia - Rumours it was actually coming back were quashed and Petronas seem to be edging away from sport so it doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon now. Therefore opportunity knocks for a crowd favourite.  Plus it was always one of my stronger tracks so it's a little favouritism. 

China - It's already basically there and people seem to use it alot on multiplayer. I admit it isn't 'fresh' but providing the easier ones for the first batch might entice more commitment from their side to really invest in the idea.

Portugal - I prefer Portimao to Imola, weirdly.  It's vibrant, fun and worthwhile to race around.  I do struggle to overtake sometimes but I think that comes with the fact that it is new so I haven't got the same 'tricks' that i've accumulated on the other tracks over the years just yet. I would have gone with Estoril as it has more history but Portimao is literally there. 

On a side note;

Frankenstein - I just wanted to mix it up with something different. Codemasters to come up with a hybrid track of just the best parts of other tracks.  (I guess that's the Tilke approach to track-making where you just use the same cookie-cutter for every track) but a time-trial only track where there is limitless potential. You could have turn 8 of Turkey, Parabolica, Maggots and Becketts, Eau Rouge through Raidillon and down the Kemmel Straight, plus other highlights of other tracks and somehow mesh them together to get the best, or worst, track of all time. 

• Social Media & Community Team
On 10/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, zApPaDiEtRo said:

No fight meant, I know the members' reputation means very little, but I never downvote anyone (unless it's a huge bs or it's a case of blatant trolling) just for an opinion different than mine.

It's not a "downvote", it's a disagree button 🙂 
image.png

People are allowed to not agree with each other, so long as it's respectful ❤️ 

• Agree 4