Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Braking Point was Codemasters' principle way of trying to attract new players in the current game I'd have thought,

Given the issues with online perfrormance and particularly how this has impacted league racing, I'd personally argue for Codemasters focusing on improvements to try to retain current players rather than particularly targeting new ones. More tracks is obviously always going to be nice to have but not at the expense of other things. Arguable the state of F1 2021 at launch was a reflection of this actually.

Well don't know about others..but my friends and i that play f1...we didn't even try "braking point" if I am honest...but that's just us

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Marko4455 said:

Well don't know about others..but my friends and i that play f1...we didn't even try "braking point" if I am honest...but that's just us

I haven't tried Braking Point yet either, and the concept doesn't really appeal to me at all. My point related to Codemasters hoping it would attract new players though.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

I haven't tried Braking Point yet either, and the concept doesn't really appeal to me at all. My point related to Codemasters hoping it would attract new players though.

anyone that loves the game: all say ... TRACK, TRACK, TRACK

and same for me...

like I said my dream for 2022 and people I play with.

turkey istanbulpark

mugello

sepang

nurburgring

classic 2020 , 2021 merc and redbull cars..

DLC Lewis vs Max

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It's not a "downvote", it's a disagree button 🙂 
image.png

People are allowed to not agree with each other, so long as it's respectful ❤️ 

I know, but the reputation goes down, unlike the "confused" and "sad" buttons that don't alter the total. That's why I ( and the vast majority of the members, I must say) never click on it.

Back on topic: my dream tracks are Watkins Glen (before it was repaved) and Barber Motorsports, I just love them. 😊

Edited by zApPaDiEtRo
back on topic
7 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Can't believe Caesers Palace isn't on anyones shortlist yet. 

I'd probably avoid nations having multiple grand prix tracks under the same nation.  I'm aware Miami and Austin will be on next years which ruins that straight away but i'd like to have more nations.

So Indianapolis and Magny-Cours are out.  If Germany was to have one then it'd be Hockenheim OR Nurburgring but not both.  

No idea if Qatar this year might be any good. If it works really well then i'd not mind it for next edition but what would be the point in creating a track that isn't going to be used ever again in reality. Not really a massive fan of the Sakhir track but it's technically different to Bahrain, even if they have the same flag. I thought Yeongam was dull and weirdly proportioned in terms of sectors and the pit exit was odd so not fussed about that one. 

So, (dis)honourable mentions for ones I wouldn't roll my eyes if they said they'd be including but not on my list; India, Magny-Cours, Kyalami, Estoril, Mugello, Jerez.

Germany - It feels like a long time since Nurburgring has been on the game so maybe that'd be more effort to modernise but I think it would be more interesting.  Hockenheim was always a decent track for me so I can't complain if they included that one.

Turkey - Surprisingly positive feedback for a Tilke track.  It seems to be one that the drivers like and generally has okay racing. The fact it has appeared two years in a row and seems to be the primary standby track means it also makes sense to prepare it.  However, a track that may be shoehorned onto the actual calendar before the cut-off date would be one less 'extra' track if it was to be included in the actual calendar and replaced something else. 

Malaysia - Rumours it was actually coming back were quashed and Petronas seem to be edging away from sport so it doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon now. Therefore opportunity knocks for a crowd favourite.  Plus it was always one of my stronger tracks so it's a little favouritism. 

China - It's already basically there and people seem to use it alot on multiplayer. I admit it isn't 'fresh' but providing the easier ones for the first batch might entice more commitment from their side to really invest in the idea.

Portugal - I prefer Portimao to Imola, weirdly.  It's vibrant, fun and worthwhile to race around.  I do struggle to overtake sometimes but I think that comes with the fact that it is new so I haven't got the same 'tricks' that i've accumulated on the other tracks over the years just yet. I would have gone with Estoril as it has more history but Portimao is literally there. 

On a side note;

Frankenstein - I just wanted to mix it up with something different. Codemasters to come up with a hybrid track of just the best parts of other tracks.  (I guess that's the Tilke approach to track-making where you just use the same cookie-cutter for every track) but a time-trial only track where there is limitless potential. You could have turn 8 of Turkey, Parabolica, Maggots and Becketts, Eau Rouge through Raidillon and down the Kemmel Straight, plus other highlights of other tracks and somehow mesh them together to get the best, or worst, track of all time. 

I do understand why so wouldnt want 2 tracks in the same country with this but as we already have it 2 times next year i think in favor of great tracks that are fan favored its not too bad. Id rather have 2 good tracks in the same country than a "bad/ok" track from a new country *cough* Yeongam *cough* but again i can understand you😄

The Frankenstein idea is just not my thing and probably not likely to happen but i bet for quite a lot of TT guys it would be amazing!

Given states in North America are rather like countries in Europe in terms of size/population, it's not totally unreasonable to have two races in the USA. As above though, I'd much rather the focus was on good tracks!

• Agree 2
7 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Also

F7B6FAC6-6671-4587-A3D4-C4251E3713F4.png

kyalami would be awesome..but it's not of f1 accepted circuits or am I wrong...

fast corners that's what I wanna see more..full throttle...but as I see future shows f1 management wants more braking with low speeds

1 hour ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Also

F7B6FAC6-6671-4587-A3D4-C4251E3713F4.png

Thats the old layout, the new one has a longer main straight for better overtaking

1 hour ago, Marko4455 said:

kyalami would be awesome..but it's not of f1 accepted circuits or am I wrong...

fast corners that's what I wanna see more..full throttle...but as I see future shows f1 management wants more braking with low speeds

Kyalami is a grade 2 circuit but with some work on the pit building etc. it could become a grade 1 circuit fairly easy but that needs money..

I dont see that development of only slow corners, they want heavy braking zones into low speed corners for overtaking which is absolutely fine in future after following a car through high speed corners IF the regulations work as intended (so you stay close)

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

Meza994... haha , do you think if we send codies mail..for turkey circuit with a picture of circuit..they will try to put it into next game?????

I AM SURE IF 30-40 OF US SENDS SOMEBODY WILL SEE HAHAHAHA

REBEL RISE

help@codemasters.com

WE WANT TURKEY ISTANBULPARK

Circuit_Istanbul.png

Lets not get crazy here lol i think they know pretty well about this😂

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Here’s what I think: $20 DLC with Sepang, Mugello, Turkey, Nurburgring, Kyalami, Yeongam and if you can think of any others tell 

... that's a little too much tracks for 20$?? I mean, if that would happen DEAR LORD 😁😁😁😁

15 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

... that's a little too much tracks for 20$?? I mean, if that would happen DEAR LORD 😁😁😁😁

Dunno 6 tracks for 20$ isnt too much but id not pay for Korea😂

27 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Here’s what I think: $20 DLC with Sepang, Mugello, Turkey, Nurburgring, Kyalami, Yeongam and if you can think of any others tell me 

Its too many tracks for 2022 or 2023, not doable.. Lets try to keep our suggestions realistic😄

1 minute ago, Meza994 said:

Dunno 6 tracks for 20$ isnt too much but id not pay for Korea😂

Its too many tracks for 2022 or 2023, not doable.. Lets try to keep our suggestions realistic😄

for me turkey would be a "MUST TRACK" and one more..

and f1 w11 mercedes 2020 as a fastest hybrid beast and overall fastest car till today 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Here’s what I think: $20 DLC with Sepang, Mugello, Turkey, Nurburgring, Kyalami, Yeongam and if you can think of any others tell me 

Imo a DLC with tracks from recent F1 games (Portimao, Shanghai, Hanoi, Hockenheim, Sepang) would be more likely to happen since it would require less work than making new tracks from scratch. Having the other tracks you mentioned would be nice though.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, FS7 said:

Imo a DLC with tracks from recent F1 games (Portimao, Shanghai, Hanoi, Hockenheim, Sepang) would be more likely to happen since it would require less work than making new tracks from scratch. Having the other tracks you mentioned would be nice though.

True but Turkey will likely be on the calendar anyway lol and only the minority likes Hanoi😂

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

***** that's overpriced! 

Well SONIC...if all people say there so much work for codies to develop a track and ai...then we have to give them something...I would pay for extra content...

even if they give us only 2 tracks extra... maybe then they would see that adding content will benefit them....

THATS MY OPINNION..AND I HOPE WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THAT WILL LISTEN AND MAKE A LIFE OF A GAME LONGER AND MORE FUN

1 minute ago, Marko4455 said:

Well SONIC...if all people say there so much work for codies to develop a track and ai...then we have to give them something...I would pay for extra content...

even if they give us only 2 tracks extra... maybe then they would see that adding content will benefit them....

THATS MY OPINNION..AND I HOPE WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THAT WILL LISTEN AND MAKE A LIFE OF A GAME LONGER AND MORE FUN

Sure its work but the amount of work isnt compensated with money if they would have to do all the tracks for next year and fans might just not be happy to pay 1/3 of the game costs for 1/4 additional tracks, always gotta keep it within reason

I still play f1 2020 because of classic cars..and in general I would say is better game for me personally...but I will say I am bored with 2021, except some multiplayer and tt grind...its nothing extra fun for me on 2021