Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?

Just now, Marko4455 said:

I still play f1 2020 because of classic cars..and in general I would say is better game for me personally...but I will say I am bored with 2021, except some multiplayer and tt grind...its nothing extra fun for me on 2021

I can understand that 

MEZA all I want to say...if 95% of gamers are actually happy with what they got ..in 2021 then we will never get something extra fun and new..like previous years...

that's why I say it's better to give them some money for extra content and then they will implement that more in future games if they will have benefits...

marketing mentality..if you will give extra money to your employee , you will motivate them to do better stuff, work whatever

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Marko4455 said:

MEZA all I want to say...if 95% of gamers are actually happy with what they got ..in 2021 then we will never get something extra fun and new..like previous years...

that's why I say it's better to give them some money for extra content and then they will implement that more in future games if they will have benefits...

marketing mentality..if you will give extra money to your employee , you will motivate them to do better stuff, work whatever

I agree with this 

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

Actually often works the other way around - once an employee gets more money he gets lazy lol

And towards your argument im fully with you that we should encourage them, but within reason, telling them 6 tracks for 20$ is fine for the fanbase then they will make 8 classic cars for 20-25 or even 30$.. They are not gonna make it cheaper than what players offer them, they determine the terms of such a DLC so we should not start a offer with our last limit, that way we lose the negotiation😜

• Agree 1
18 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Actually often works the other way around - once an employee gets more money he gets lazy lol

And towards your argument im fully with you that we should encourage them, but within reason, telling them 6 tracks for 20$ is fine for the fanbase then they will make 8 classic cars for 20-25 or even 30$.. They are not gonna make it cheaper than what players offer them, they determine the terms of such a DLC so we should not start a offer with our last limit, that way we lose the negotiation😜

Well...then maybe I am from another planet 😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

we will see..if we will get Christmas gift from codies on 2021 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  T U R K E Y track hahahaha...hope dies last

Circuit_Istanbul.png

I think you torture yourself with this, it wont happen, let it die and you will feel better😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marko4455 said:

we will see..if we will get Christmas gift from codies on 2021 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  T U R K E Y track hahahaha...hope dies last

Circuit_Istanbul.png

CM have said multiple times that Turkey won't be coming to F1 2021. 

2 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

Well SONIC...if all people say there so much work for codies to develop a track and ai...then we have to give them something...I would pay for extra content...

even if they give us only 2 tracks extra... maybe then they would see that adding content will benefit them....

THATS MY OPINNION..AND I HOPE WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THAT WILL LISTEN AND MAKE A LIFE OF A GAME LONGER AND MORE FUN

Given the state of F1 2021 released on Xbox, I doubt many Xbox players would pay CM anything further. I'm not going to get into this discussion again as it's happened over and over. 

I would however pay $20/£20 for track DLC IF it brought back classic cars as well. I wouldn't pay that price for tracks alone. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 minute ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Where? The threads i’ve seen where they have responded they’ve actually just avoided the question

Let's make it clear then: Turkey (Istanbul Park) is not coming to F1 2021.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
42 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Where? The threads i’ve seen where they have responded they’ve actually just avoided the question

The pinned thread at the top of this section is one place. And PJTierneys reply below your post is another place. There's also a fair few other places as well on this forum. 

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Let's make it clear then: Turkey (Istanbul Park) is not coming to F1 2021.

Well that is very clear thank you 😊 

I’m not surprised at all, i wasn’t expecting it to, but i am still disappointed given that F1 have raced on this track for 2 years running now without it being in the game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’m not surprised at all, i wasn’t expecting it to, but i am still disappointed given that F1 have raced on this track for 2 years running now without it being in the game.

I strongly agree!!!! all this years I preordered the game 2020, was really really good for me...still play it , since there is nothing fun for me on 2021....

with 2022 I will wait...and if something really great will happen then i will buy

Edited by Marko4455
4 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

I strongly agree!!!! all this years I preordered the game 2020, was really really good for me...still play it , since there is nothing fun for me on 2021....

with 2022 I will wait...and if something really great will happen then i will buy

Breaking  Point II is coming!!!! 😷

I like the idea of additional tracks coming to 2022 but I don't think it will happen in these Covidy-times.  On average, i'd say three tracks a year is what they would be stretching for, and that's knowing what they'll be aiming towards calendar-wise.

They'll have most of next season's tracks already and it'll be Miami and the changed corners of Spain, Baku, Abu Dhabi, etc.  Then they'll be hesitant to go all-in on extra tracks that won't make a revised calendar as there's more than a realistic chance that the calendar will change again before their cut-off deadline. Turkey is probably the most likely to stand in if things go wrong again so maybe they'll have that on the backburner if there's enough notice.

Once things normalise a little, I think that's when these 'extras' may be included. 

In terms of paying £20 for 6, that's probably going to be out of most people's wishlists.  It's important to remember that alot of players are also younger who save up (and also beg their mothers and fathers) all year and then requiring them to pay another £20 to get things that their more financially-viable friends would have isn't popular marketing.  It's about being fair and balanced to those who have money, and those who don't. If they had 3 extra tracks for, say, £7.99 and had 1 million people take that up then that is nearly £8m.  If they market it at £20, then yes, they'd only need like 400k people to take it up to make more money but is it really worth pricing out some of your demographic?   That'll be alot of dev work that less people would be enjoying, and it's not overly fair to the developers neither to make them work all that time and then price it out of reach. 

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

It wasn't on the official calendar, it was a replacement track, which is why it didn't make it into any games. I'm sure CM have already stated this. 

51 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I like the idea of additional tracks coming to 2022 but I don't think it will happen in these Covidy-times.  On average, i'd say three tracks a year is what they would be stretching for, and that's knowing what they'll be aiming towards calendar-wise.

They'll have most of next season's tracks already and it'll be Miami and the changed corners of Spain, Baku, Abu Dhabi, etc.  Then they'll be hesitant to go all-in on extra tracks that won't make a revised calendar as there's more than a realistic chance that the calendar will change again before their cut-off deadline. Turkey is probably the most likely to stand in if things go wrong again so maybe they'll have that on the backburner if there's enough notice.

Once things normalise a little, I think that's when these 'extras' may be included. 

In terms of paying £20 for 6, that's probably going to be out of most people's wishlists.  It's important to remember that alot of players are also younger who save up (and also beg their mothers and fathers) all year and then requiring them to pay another £20 to get things that their more financially-viable friends would have isn't popular marketing.  It's about being fair and balanced to those who have money, and those who don't. If they had 3 extra tracks for, say, £7.99 and had 1 million people take that up then that is nearly £8m.  If they market it at £20, then yes, they'd only need like 400k people to take it up to make more money but is it really worth pricing out some of your demographic?   That'll be alot of dev work that less people would be enjoying, and it's not overly fair to the developers neither to make them work all that time and then price it out of reach. 

Agreed and this is why i came up with only Turkey as a completely new track for 2022, Portimao and China ported into the game would like only be a few sponsors and the AI which of course is still some work but for a 5-7$ DLC i think it would be worth their trouble and its quite likely that there will be a track replaced by turkey. But we will have to wait how things develop, with the current situation in england there is a chance that next year will be a worse crisis than this year😕

• Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Agreed and this is why i came up with only Turkey as a completely new track for 2022, Portimao and China ported into the game would like only be a few sponsors and the AI which of course is still some work but for a 5-7$ DLC i think it would be worth their trouble and its quite likely that there will be a track replaced by turkey. But we will have to wait how things develop, with the current situation in england there is a chance that next year will be a worse crisis than this year😕

China is already off the grid for next year, yet is expected to come back the following year or two. Qatar is coming in 2023.  I think we'll be going towards a 25 race season soon enough and then that will curtail the desire for extra tracks anyway. Igora Drive replacing Sochi is also going to be more work for them to do as well. 

Portimao being off the calendar is quite disappointing but there's still chance something else will get cancelled. Street circuits struggle to get the turnaround in these times and Canada is always flaky... but, if nothing drastic does change, I hope they do keep Portimao in as an extra track.  It's a different situation to Hanoi where I don't think F1 will ever race there now. 

I'm not sure where it will stand as we head towards console crossover in about two years time. That'll probably have an effect on plans too. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Sonic6L said:

It wasn't on the official calendar, it was a replacement track, which is why it didn't make it into any games. I'm sure CM have already stated this. 

Erm yes, i’m aware of this.

Still hugely disappointing though that it has been raced on the last 2 years and we don’t get to do so in game...

• Disagree 1
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

China is already off the grid for next year, yet is expected to come back the following year or two. Qatar is coming in 2023.  I think we'll be going towards a 25 race season soon enough and then that will curtail the desire for extra tracks anyway. Igora Drive replacing Sochi is also going to be more work for them to do as well. 

Portimao being off the calendar is quite disappointing but there's still chance something else will get cancelled. Street circuits struggle to get the turnaround in these times and Canada is always flaky... but, if nothing drastic does change, I hope they do keep Portimao in as an extra track.  It's a different situation to Hanoi where I don't think F1 will ever race there now. 

I'm not sure where it will stand as we head towards console crossover in about two years time. That'll probably have an effect on plans too. 

Well yeah China is off which is why i suggested it as a DLC track which players need to pay for, its a leagues classic and a good version in the games so IF they should decide to do more than just the official calendar for a DLC it would be a good pick, same with Portimao.. The goal behind such a DLC is to get more tracks then only the calendar but especially for 2023 im aware that there is quite a lot of work with already 2 new tracks they need to make so tracks already done (Portimao, China, Sepang) are a more easy way to achieve this.

I dont think theyd keep a track in the game thats not on the calendar (needs extra licence) without extra pay..