Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?

29 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Erm yes, i’m aware of this.

Still hugely disappointing though that it has been raced on the last 2 years and we don’t get to do so in game...

But that's kind of the point, it's not on the official calendar and therefore isn't in the game...

Edited by Sonic6L
2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Well yeah China is off which is why i suggested it as a DLC track which players need to pay for, its a leagues classic and a good version in the games so IF they should decide to do more than just the official calendar for a DLC it would be a good pick, same with Portimao.. The goal behind such a DLC is to get more tracks then only the calendar but especially for 2023 im aware that there is quite a lot of work with already 2 new tracks they need to make so tracks already done (Portimao, China, Sepang) are a more easy way to achieve this.

I dont think theyd keep a track in the game thats not on the calendar (needs extra licence) without extra pay..

I'm aware that you were aware about China!  I merely meant that if China is coming back the following year then they'll probably think about keeping it on a retainer (such as DLC). You know, make sure that the track works with the current iteration of cars, plan AI lines and behaviour for the different car. So they'd only have to cover one year of performance changing 2021 -> 2022 -> 2023 instead of hopping two 2021 -> 2023. 

I'd like them to include China (as it's there) and Portimao and Turkey as the most likely replacements anyway. That's three tracks and only one that requires any work! 

Sepang was last used in 2017, I think. That'd be 5 years by the time 2022 comes around so I don't know how much has changed in terms of their game since then so it might not be the quick fix we'd expect.  It might be a little tricky but it's definitely less work than starting one from scratch!

I'm pretty sure there'll be nothing 'extra' next year. There'll be a calendar cut-off date around February and that'll be the 23 tracks. If Portimao is switched in after that cut-off date then it can be shoe-horned in but anything they'd have to put in any work, I don't think they'd do it. 

11 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm aware that you were aware about China!  I merely meant that if China is coming back the following year then they'll probably think about keeping it on a retainer (such as DLC). You know, make sure that the track works with the current iteration of cars, plan AI lines and behaviour for the different car. So they'd only have to cover one year of performance changing 2021 -> 2022 -> 2023 instead of hopping two 2021 -> 2023. 

I'd like them to include China (as it's there) and Portimao and Turkey as the most likely replacements anyway. That's three tracks and only one that requires any work! 

Sepang was last used in 2017, I think. That'd be 5 years by the time 2022 comes around so I don't know how much has changed in terms of their game since then so it might not be the quick fix we'd expect.  It might be a little tricky but it's definitely less work than starting one from scratch!

I'm pretty sure there'll be nothing 'extra' next year. There'll be a calendar cut-off date around February and that'll be the 23 tracks. If Portimao is switched in after that cut-off date then it can be shoe-horned in but anything they'd have to put in any work, I don't think they'd do it. 

Agree with most of it but the switch between games is most of the time a hard cut for AI lines and behaviour because A) the cars will change massively next year B) we will probably have another new Handling model next year (almost get a new one every year) and even only tweaks to the downforce levels force a complete retraining of the AI so Codemasters have to retrain the AI for all tracks anyway for each game so Sepang would just be physics (those might be outdated) and visuals as extra work, but yeah i dont have high hopes for a DLC with extra tracks but if we dont even try we will never get it🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Meza994 said:

Agree with most of it but the switch between games is most of the time a hard cut for AI lines and behaviour because A) the cars will change massively next year B) we will probably have another new Handling model next year (almost get a new one every year) and even only tweaks to the downforce levels force a complete retraining of the AI so Codemasters have to retrain the AI for all tracks anyway for each game so Sepang would just be physics (those might be outdated) and visuals as extra work, but yeah i dont have high hopes for a DLC with extra tracks but if we dont even try we will never get it🙂

exactly, if you don't say and comment about that, they will never even think about it...even if they do nothing about..like always 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

But that's kind of the point, it's not on the official calendar and therefore isn't in the game...

😂yes ok. I think you’re missing the point here. I get that it’s not in the ‘Official’ calendar, and that’s why it’s not in the game...

However, it is a track that F1 is actually actively and currently racing on.

• Disagree 1
44 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂yes ok. I think you’re missing the point here. I get that it’s not in the ‘Official’ calendar, and that’s why it’s not in the game...

However, it is a track that F1 is actually actively and currently racing on.

No, I've got your point, however you're moaning for the sake of moaning and I don't think you grasp the fact that regardless of whether F1 raced there in 2020 and 2021, it's not in either game because it wasn't on the OFFICIAL calendar that CM worked from. Turkey was a stand in track for both seasons due to unforseen circumstances and wasn't on the official calendar in either year if I'm not mistaken. I know for 2021 the race was supposed to take place in Suzuka, hence RB's tribute livery. I can't remember what race should have been run in 2020 which caused Turkey to stand in.

Should CM put it in the game? Yes and hopefully they would as they did with Portimao. However, expectations for it to be in F1 2022 are slim as it's not on the OFFICIAL calendar that CM will work from and base their game on. (Unless we have a situation where an external factor causes another race to not be run and Turkey stands in again).

The game will of course follow the real thing as much as possible, but there will be external factors out of anyones control that causes changes to the calendar as we've seen with the 2020 and 2021 seasons. There will also be license issues which is why we don't have the McLaren Gulf Livery, Alfa's one off Livery, Ferrari's one off Livery and why RB's livery is only in the game for a limited time IIRC. It's not as simple to say, "well it happened in real life, therefore the game should reflect that, make it happen". 

Given that @PJTierney said earlier "Let's make it clear then: Turkey (Istanbul Park) is not coming to F1 2021" could indicate that it may be put in F1 2022 however, that's an assumption and take said assumption with a massive grain of salt. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Sonic6L said:

No, I've got your point, however you're moaning for the sake of moaning and I don't think you grasp the fact that regardless of whether F1 raced there in 2020 and 2021, it's not in either game because it wasn't on the OFFICIAL calendar that CM worked from. Turkey was a stand in track for both seasons due to unforseen circumstances and wasn't on the official calendar in either year if I'm not mistaken. I know for 2021 the race was supposed to take place in Suzuka, hence RB's tribute livery. I can't remember what race should have been run in 2020 which caused Turkey to stand in.

Should CM put it in the game? Yes and hopefully they would as they did with Portimao. However, expectations for it to be in F1 2022 are slim as it's not on the OFFICIAL calendar that CM will work from and base their game on. (Unless we have a situation where an external factor causes another race to not be run and Turkey stands in again).

The game will of course follow the real thing as much as possible, but there will be external factors out of anyones control that causes changes to the calendar as we've seen with the 2020 and 2021 seasons. There will also be license issues which is why we don't have the McLaren Gulf Livery, Alfa's one off Livery, Ferrari's one off Livery and why RB's livery is only in the game for a limited time IIRC. It's not as simple to say, "well it happened in real life, therefore the game should reflect that, make it happen". 

Given that @PJTierney said earlier "Let's make it clear then: Turkey (Istanbul Park) is not coming to F1 2021" could indicate that it may be put in F1 2022 however, that's an assumption and take said assumption with a massive grain of salt. 

I will only say...the majority of people want that track ( Turkey istanbulpark )..so they can think in that path on putting it into the next game as a add on extra..except if you don't want it?? but that's your opinnion, and I respect it

ofcourse they will do how they want..and CAN...nobody forces them to do it, but all of player I know, want it..and would make them happy

just my opinnion

Edited by Marko4455

Wow been away for a few days and 5 page thread appears on a super slow forum... havnt read every page.. but most regular posters know where I stand on this... But for anyone else is interested... As many tracks as possible.. providing they fall within having the ability to facilitate an actual F1 race.  As much as I would love to see brands hatch in the game... as it’s only a few miles from my house and I’ve done many track days on it and not to mention a classic f1 track... It’s limited size pit area counts it out.   

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1

This "official calendar" ball ping ponging around... It's not like we have one single and immutable official calendar and all others are alternate versions. The official calendar is always that, official, and it changes as negotiations evolve and stuff happens.

For 2021, Imola was officially announced on January, Portimao on early March only, while Australia was shifted forwards on January and officially dropped on July and Canada officially dropped on April. All those tracks figure in this year's game, though. Now Turkey was officially announced on April, dropped on May and readded on June – yeah, I know. Istanbul park, obviously, wasn't included in the game.

So we have the following timeframe for cancellations and inclusions on the official calendar.

• JANUARY
  • MARCH
  • APRIL
  • MAY
  • JUNE
  • JULY

Now regarding the game, looks like the roster was set around March, 4 months before the release and 6 months before Portimao being released as DLC, although the community already fished out voice over lines for a Turkish GP on the game files. 

March seemingly being the drop off point means there's so much water to flow under this bridge yet. And kind of knowing approximately how long new tracks take to be fully fleshed out on the game (6-7 months minimum), seems to me that the production pipeline doesn't exactly match the game directors schedule. Hard to know what new tracks are being worked on, dropped, or maintained in the game albeit dropped by Liberty Media. 

Bottom line, no harm in the community expressing their wishes for new tracks when these things are far from being cut in stone until way later in the game production cycle and it's almost comical to call the calendar "official" with so many iterations down the line. Asking for new tracks only turns into "moaning" when changes made to the real deal happen too late for the studio do shift course without paying a hefty toll budget wise. And there's no way to know how often the suited up guys and girls sit around to negotiate and renegotiate licensing deals.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
16 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

I will only say...the majority of people want that track ( Turkey istanbulpark )..so they can think in that path on putting it into the next game as a add on extra..except if you don't want it?? but that's your opinnion, and I respect it

ofcourse they will do how they want..and CAN...nobody forces them to do it, but all of player I know, want it..and would make them happy

just my opinnion

Where have I said I don't want it? I'm stating WHY it isn't the game despite F1 racing there for 2 years. Some people can't seem to grasp that even when CM effectively say the same.  

Let's hope that it's in F1 2022 along with some other tracks that aren't on the official calendar like Portimao, China, Vietnam, etc. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Where have I said I don't want it? I'm stating WHY it isn't the game despite F1 racing there for 2 years. Some people can't seem to grasp that even when CM effectively say the same.  

Let's hope that it's in F1 2022 along with some other tracks that aren't on the official calendar like Portimao, China, Vietnam, etc. 

sorry then..for misunderstanding 

• Agree 1
On 10/21/2021 at 7:51 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

In terms of paying £20 for 6, that's probably going to be out of most people's wishlists.  It's important to remember that alot of players are also younger who save up (and also beg their mothers and fathers) all year and then requiring them to pay another £20 to get things that their more financially-viable friends would have isn't popular marketing.  It's about being fair and balanced to those who have money, and those who don't. If they had 3 extra tracks for, say, £7.99 and had 1 million people take that up then that is nearly £8m.  If they market it at £20, then yes, they'd only need like 400k people to take it up to make more money but is it really worth pricing out some of your demographic?   That'll be alot of dev work that less people would be enjoying, and it's not overly fair to the developers neither to make them work all that time and then price it out of reach. 

While I understand it being out of reach for some (dev's usually) before release also have special editions of games gold/silver/bronze to pre order to get such things beforehand. To get within reach season passes, packs, content with different names, skins and so on a buy now and get it later scheme depending on if it's something big. (Battlefield being a great example of this with it's story arcs) Stuff like this seems to be on an upward trend these days. To get around the sub-unpopular marketing of charging people for new content mid game. As you've said though finding the right balancing act can be tricky.

Edited by Chromatic
20 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

ezgif-6-6bf39a1a4ac5.gif.92f6fe93f48ab967de062ec2034f69ed.gif

Alls good -1 + 2 = 1 your winning your winning

ive got 41👎  Around 30 off them are from one person... don’t think he likes me very much

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
34 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

While I understand it being out of reach for some (dev's usually) before release also have special editions of games gold/silver/bronze to pre order to get such things beforehand. To get within reach season passes, packs, content with different names, skins and so on a buy now and get it later scheme depending on if it's something big. (Battlefield being a great example of this with it's story arcs) Stuff like this seems to be on an upward trend these days. To get around the sub-unpopular marketing of charging people for new content mid game. As you've said though finding the right balancing act can be tricky.

Normally I’m not a dlc fan and hate in Game purchases blah blah blah.. But occasionally I will pay out for a dlc... Battlestar Galactica for instance would release an entirely new campaigns for instance.  All new storyline with new ships and weapons.  Ranging in price £8-£12.  So in effect more off an expansion which I like and willing to pay for.. I think the same could be said for extra tracks not scheduled to be raced upon for the current years game.. As they would be available to pick for following career seasons.. So would be willing to buy a dlc for extra tracks but £20 is to much and around £10-15 would be more reasonable...  With games like cod and battlefield you basically get new maps that can only be used in multiplayer.. As these tracks could be used in one player aswell.. I think expansion pack would be a better description and as they can be used in one player a larger percentage off people willing to buy them.

But please no Vietnam.  Unless 100% no rain guarantee

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Normally I’m not a dlc fan and hate in Game purchases blah blah blah.. But occasionally I will pay out for a dlc... Battlestar Galactica for instance would release an entirely new campaigns for instance.  All new storyline with new ships and weapons.  Ranging in price £8-£12.  So in effect more off an expansion which I like and willing to pay for.. I think the same could be said for extra tracks not scheduled to be raced upon for the current years game.. As they would be available to pick for following career seasons.. So would be willing to buy a dlc for extra tracks but £20 is to much and around £10-15 would be more reasonable...  With games like cod and battlefield you basically get new maps that can only be used in multiplayer.. As these tracks could be used in one player aswell.. I think expansion pack would be a better description and as they can be used in one player a larger percentage off people willing to buy them.

But please no Vietnam.  Unless 100% no rain guarantee

Just cut Vietnam completely😉 give us Sepang or Hockenheim instead😂

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Meza994 said:

Just cut Vietnam completely😉 give us Sepang or Hockenheim instead😂

I used to love the original hockenheim circuit.   Obviously that wouldn’t be in the game.  But unless codies take note off all the “we want more tracks” threads.  We may aswell keep dreaming. And dream big

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I used to love the original hockenheim circuit.   Obviously that wouldn’t be in the game.  But unless codies take note off all the “we want more tracks” threads.  We may aswell keep dreaming. And dream big

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need to daily comment for more tracks 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 10/23/2021 at 6:54 AM, Marko4455 said:

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need to daily comment for more tracks 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why not make a Poll? 

On 10/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, ScaredDuck said:

ive got 41👎  Around 30 off them are from one person... don’t think he likes me very much

I feel your pain. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Like 1