Jump to content Jump to content

Additional tracks for F1 2022?

1 minute ago, Sonic6L said:

Fair point but easier than Monaco's hairpin on a controller! I generally hate Monaco though tbh. 

Monaco is in the game? Never raced it

yes I’m a coward behind all this male bravado 

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

It’s the mini roundabout hairpin I hate

Roundabout hairpin? Dunno what exactly you mean but i find the 2nd corner just disgusting to drive and the whole circuit estheticly not appealing at all

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Meza994 said:

Roundabout hairpin? Dunno what exactly you mean but i find the 2nd corner just disgusting to drive and the whole circuit estheticly not appealing at all

Second corner is also a 🤬 First time I raced this track was monsoon.  First impressions and all that

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I’m glad I’m not forced to do it... in previous years I’d turn off all damage and do I think 3 or 5 laps... 

I used to hate Singapore too but quite like it now. 

2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Singapore I like but I freely admit flashback gets tons off usage

I have FB's turned on but try not to use them. I probably average about 1/2 per race. 

If I raced Monaco, I'd need one every couple corners 🤣.

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

I have FB's turned on but try not to use them. I probably average about 1/2 per race. 

If I raced Monaco, I'd need one every couple corners 🤣.

I have attention span off a toddler so I keep them on and use them. Simply cause I’ll crash cause something else has caught my attention... Or as I always have music playing really loud... I may start singing and dancing which isn’t recommended.  But if I know I have no valid excuse for crashing I suck it up like a big boy

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I have attention span off a toddler so I keep them on and use them. Simply cause I’ll crash cause something else has caught my attention... Or as I always have music playing really loud... I may start singing and dancing which isn’t recommended.  But if I know I have no valid excuse for crashing I suck it up like a big boy

I do the same in Forza games, i.e. have my own playlist but have rewinds completely off there. 

I only really use rewinds with F1 games come to think of it usually because my front wing gets damaged during some sketchy/overly aggressive overtakes 🤣.  You're on PS4 right? Would be good to race you if you're on Xbox.

26 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

I do the same in Forza games, i.e. have my own playlist but have rewinds completely off there. 

I only really use rewinds with F1 games come to think of it usually because my front wing gets damaged during some sketchy/overly aggressive overtakes 🤣.  You're on PS4 right? Would be good to race you if you're on Xbox.

Ps5

29 minutes ago, Marko4455 said:

somebody should make poll...which tracks we want..I am sure many people would vote 😁😁😁😁

Seemed like a half-decent idea in terms of at least providing evidence for which ones would seem popular so I chucked one together quickly. I'm not expecting it to 'take off' or anything but i'd certainly be curious to which ones would get the most traction. 

Hopefully, even if it only gets 20 votes or something, if it highlights a significant comparative volume of which ones are popular then that may be a track(s) they'd look at including if/when they go down the line of further circuits. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

China has been retained until 2025 Chinese GP deal extended to 2025 despite missing calendar again | RACER I don't know what track will be dropped. Personally it's doubtful any will. Codemasters need to seriously start thinking of circuits beyond the calendar. Since the pandemic I don't think track announcements will ever be predicable again.   

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
On 11/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, Chromatic said:

China has been retained until 2025 Chinese GP deal extended to 2025 despite missing calendar again | RACER I don't know what track will be dropped. Personally it's doubtful any will. Codemasters need to seriously start thinking of circuits beyond the calendar. Since the pandemic I don't think track announcements will ever be predicable again.   

I doubt the number off tracks or even licensing is much off a problem.

Think the main issue for codemasters.  Is training the ai.   And training current ai f1 cars to drive on tracks that f1 havnt raced on for a few years or more.   Would be problematic in regards to lap times, tyre wear etc.  

But that said I would guess every f1 team has most if not all tracks on their simulators.       If codies could get one or two teams to let @PJTierney play (collect data)😀

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I doubt the number off tracks or even licensing is much off a problem.

Think the main issue for codemasters.  Is training the ai.   And training current ai f1 cars to drive on tracks that f1 havnt raced on for a few years or more.   Would be problematic in regards to lap times, tyre wear etc.  

But that said I would guess every f1 team has most if not all tracks on their simulators.       If codies could get one or two teams to let @PJTierney play (collect data)😀

They could simply let Esports drivers test the tracks and would know better where the limits are.. No offence to Codemasters staff but Esports drivers are the best for a reason..

On 11/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, Chromatic said:

The rumours were that they were aiming for 25 races in a season with 3 USA based tracks. So the addition of China and Vegas (presumably) fill the last two additional from next years 23 races. Obviously something will end up getting dropped eventually as more tracks show interest in hosting a race but currently they don't need to in order to get 25.  I worry for tracks like Brazil unfortunately. Also means tracks like Portimao, Turkey and Germany still aren't considered. 

I think 25 races might be too many tbh. Alot of triple headers and ridiculous costs of travel and repair will really hammer the less financially able teams.  In terms of the game, I think as long as it's not drastically different calendars then they should manage, although we'll be on Next Gen by then so that may require some work on a new game engine to get it looking perfect as opposed to a current-gen port. 

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Meza994 said:

They could simply let Esports drivers test the tracks and would know better where the limits are.. No offence to Codemasters staff but Esports drivers are the best for a reason..

Think it was McLaren  a couple off years ago said rather than having the drivers spend time testing upgrades using the  simulator,  they found that gamers( I assume esports drivers) did a better job as they had better understanding off the tech or something like that 

• Agree 1