Jump to content Jump to content

Ps5 multiplayer not working

mrmccann

• A detailed description of the issue.

game works fine, can access f1 esports online and be ranked on leader board but cannot access multiplayer. Issue from about a month ago. Hoped patch would fix but no joy. 

• Report Code

no code given- simply says error failed to join session

• Platform?

ps5

• Game-mode?

All multiplayer online modes, ranked, social, new imola. 

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

if I am hosting then I go to the track select and onto the next screen. Any players that join me, could be 4-7 players are all greyed out and I stay stuck on this screen watching players join, stay for a bit then leave. If I am joining then it shows as the video I have attached 

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

cant join host or not host

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

router complete reset, opened ALL possible ports for ps5 and f1 game, cleared ps5 cache, rebuilt database, deleted and reinstalled game from ps store, restored licences, set up new internet connection on ps5, synced data to I cloud, deleted any PS4 iCloud data even though I have never played f1 on PS4. I have also checked my origin account was linked to my psn ok- I have played fifa for years with no problems. 

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

see attachment

•  
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

I try to access multiplayer…..it was much better on release but now can’t even get on multiplayer

Did you check this thread? MP issues can be numerous, so we have summed up possible solutions. I have seen you already did most of the trouble shooting but I have added the related thread anyway. Could be latest patch related since I have seen solved problems return after the latest patch.

So…bit of an update. Seeing as the support forum offered no additional help or support that I had not tried already with no success I was left with only 1 option- to delete my game….again and reinstall it HOWEVER this time I deleted all of my save data too (ps5). I had to reload all of my set ups etc but guess what….I can actually match with other players now in social, leagues and 5 lap ranked 🥳🥳🥳 still nothing in standard ranked but beggars….and that is exactly what I have been this past 2 months….cannot be choosers. Well done me for fixing it myself 👏