Jump to content Jump to content

Austria soft tyre

Anybody else having trouble with the soft tyre in Austria? I’m doing a championship season with Sainz on 94 AI. I’ve struggled every session to match Leclerc then pulled a magic lap out on the mediums in Q2 then back on the softs for Q3 and struggled again. In the race I went Medium, Medium, soft and my pace on the last stint was shocking and drivers behind were catching me on mediums. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi, according to my practice in Austria I’m very close with Mediums as race pace. Just a couple of tenths of difference already with new tyres (starting with 60 kg x 10 laps). So I expect them to be faster once the tyres get old, although not directly checked yet.

Regards,

Nuv

On 10/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, peanutt2000 said:

Anybody else having trouble with the soft tyre in Austria? I’m doing a championship season with Sainz on 94 AI. I’ve struggled every session to match Leclerc then pulled a magic lap out on the mediums in Q2 then back on the softs for Q3 and struggled again. In the race I went Medium, Medium, soft and my pace on the last stint was shocking and drivers behind were catching me on mediums. Anyone else have this problem?

Have you checked for tyres over heating . I'm half way threw S2 . In first season . I never really had problems . With tyres over heating . But I have noticed the past few races . Im having trouble tqirg tyre over heating . Which never happend on sane circuits in first season . I have upgraded the chassis . Every thing that can be done upto spec 3 . as soon as I have done the first Lao my tyres start over heating .