Jump to content Jump to content

Fix Advices

Sorbetto

Hi Codemasters,

We will start our fourth F1 season with your games, we had some problems with 2012,2013 and 2014 games too, but this game gives us the biggest headache. We organized 54 official league races and approximately 40 different drivers raced in these races. We are one of the biggest national leagues: TR Endurance F1 League. So please discuss our concerns and patch these problems:

-Option-Prime Obligation: There is no tyre obligation in dry races, for example we were in a %25 race and one of the drivers changed his option tyres with a new set of option tyres, he didn’t use prime tyres and guess what, he did not disqualified. Please fix this joke.

-Safety Car: We’re still waiting for safety car, it’s essential for league races, so please be quick and make this feature real again.

-No penalties for corner cutting in qualifying, and this is ruining the fair racing. If someone cuts a corner and gains advantage over a fair lap, his lap should be penalized. Even in races, the game gives penalties after 30 or more corner cut warnings, we think penalty system must be strict like it is in the Time Trial mode. Just transfer the Time Trial penalty system to all modes, it should be an easy thing.

-General multiplayer issues like desync, unstable connection problems, absurd parc fermé rules in re-creating lobby etc. should be fixed, but to be honest we’ve lost our patience and faith in your netcode, so you can ignore it.

-Replay in Multiplayer: New replay cameras are very good, we admit it. But we can’t use them, because there is no replay mode in multiplayer.

We’re looking forward to your upcoming patches, so please don’t give up, driving is fun in this game, don’t let other elements ruin it.

I've been racing in TR Endurance League since 2013 (F1 2012) and this game has the best basis in my opinion. But I cannot say the same thing about the features built on this awesome basis. I share pretty much the same feelings with Sorbetto but I have one more thing to add in case you didn't exactly understand what we meant when we said corner cutting issues.

Game detects track limit violations in qualifying but it still counts the lap. I mean, what's the point then? How can you detect a cut or an extension but still count the lap? What's the logic? Just implement track limit violation rules as in Time Trial mode, i.e., invalidate the current lap.

And yeah, it would be great if you could make these rules as strict as in Time Trial mode.

• Codemasters Staff
Sorbetto said:
1) Option-Prime Obligation: There is no tyre obligation in dry races, for example we were in a %25 race and one of the drivers changed his option tyres with a new set of option tyres, he didn’t use prime tyres and guess what, he did not disqualified. Please fix this joke.

2) Safety Car: We’re still waiting for safety car, it’s essential for league races, so please be quick and make this feature real again.

3) No penalties for corner cutting in qualifying, and this is ruining the fair racing. If someone cuts a corner and gains advantage over a fair lap, his lap should be penalized. Even in races, the game gives penalties after 30 or more corner cut warnings, we think penalty system must be strict like it is in the Time Trial mode. Just transfer the Time Trial penalty system to all modes, it should be an easy thing.

4) General multiplayer issues like desync, unstable connection problems, absurd parc fermé rules in re-creating lobby etc. should be fixed, but to be honest we’ve lost our patience and faith in your netcode, so you can ignore it.

5) Replay in Multiplayer: New replay cameras are very good, we admit it. But we can’t use them, because there is no replay mode in multiplayer.
1) Yes that's rubbish isn't it :(. It will be fixed in the next patch.
2) We answered that October 1st. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27245/team-meeting-dnotes-notes-01-10-15/p1
3) A new strict rules option will be added soon.
4) The parc ferme rules and being locked to 100kg of fuel in Quali should be fixed in the next patch.
5) That's not simple to implement, but I'll suggest it.

Thanks for the response @Lozzy ,it's great to know that someone over there cares about our concerns, we are loyal customers so I think we deserve this. One last question, can you give us a little tip about the date of next patch release?

Lozzy said:
Sorbetto said:
1) Option-Prime Obligation: There is no tyre obligation in dry races, for example we were in a %25 race and one of the drivers changed his option tyres with a new set of option tyres, he didn’t use prime tyres and guess what, he did not disqualified. Please fix this joke.

2) Safety Car: We’re still waiting for safety car, it’s essential for league races, so please be quick and make this feature real again.

3) No penalties for corner cutting in qualifying, and this is ruining the fair racing. If someone cuts a corner and gains advantage over a fair lap, his lap should be penalized. Even in races, the game gives penalties after 30 or more corner cut warnings, we think penalty system must be strict like it is in the Time Trial mode. Just transfer the Time Trial penalty system to all modes, it should be an easy thing.

4) General multiplayer issues like desync, unstable connection problems, absurd parc fermé rules in re-creating lobby etc. should be fixed, but to be honest we’ve lost our patience and faith in your netcode, so you can ignore it.

5) Replay in Multiplayer: New replay cameras are very good, we admit it. But we can’t use them, because there is no replay mode in multiplayer.
1) Yes that's rubbish isn't it :(. It will be fixed in the next patch.
2) We answered that October 1st. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27245/team-meeting-dnotes-notes-01-10-15/p1
3) A new strict rules option will be added soon.
4) The parc ferme rules and being locked to 100kg of fuel in Quali should be fixed in the next patch.
5) That's not simple to implement, but I'll suggest it.

3. But WHEN? NEXT PATCH? ONE AFTER? NEXT GAME???

Archived