Jump to content Jump to content

I think it would be good for when f2 cars arrive if for qualifying we can use both sets of soft tyres instead of skipping half the session just to get to the end

I would like to see the ai actually be able to overtake each other instead of just following each other and a massive thing I would like is alternative strategies as that will encourage people to actually keep racing the f2 cars otherwise they will race them for a week then never again. 

Finally will there be a stand alone mode to race the f2 cars in the championship like previous years game or will it be on Grand prix mode as if it is then there needs to be another save file to do multiple races at the same point. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, ojhowells said:

I think it would be good for when f2 cars arrive if for qualifying we can use both sets of soft tyres instead of skipping half the session just to get to the end

I would like to see the ai actually be able to overtake each other instead of just following each other and a massive thing I would like is alternative strategies as that will encourage people to actually keep racing the f2 cars otherwise they will race them for a week then never again. 

Finally will there be a stand alone mode to race the f2 cars in the championship like previous years game or will it be on Grand prix mode as if it is then there needs to be another save file to do multiple races at the same point. 

Alt strategies for cars needs to be in the game 100%. 

Hoping there's an F2 2021 championship as well.

I fear this is nothing but disappointment ahead for you (and the rest of us who like F2).

It's going to be nothing more than a paintjob, probably.  Literally just changing the liveries and drivers of the cars and little more.   There were rumours they weren't even going to include the weekend format but it's hard to say at this stage if that's truth or gossip. 

However, the strategies tend to be set at what the AI thinks is the fastest way to do the race so commonly you'll see them all on the same strategy as that's the fastest.  Like, hypothetical scenario, why would Lundgaard starting 18th decide to start on Hard-soft strategy (race time - 41 minutes and 32 seconds) when the option for soft-hard is 41 minutes and 56 seconds.   In real-life, sure he'd take that gamble as he's faster than the other backmarkers but in the game, he's not.

In terms of the procession that the races tend to be, that also probably won't change.  In the game, there are two factors that generally control overtaking, namely the car performance and the driver performance.  In the F1 mode, some cars are over a second faster than others so they can make that move. In F2, they're all around the same, give or take a few tenths.   The drivers in F1 MyTeam after the first season or two range from mid 90's to mid 70's so the discrepancy there also means there is a potential for overtakes.  In F2, they're all around the mid 60's on average.  The combination of similar cars and similar driving ability (such as their low racecraft meaning they don't go for moves too often) means that they just follow each other around. 

In terms of the standalone mode, I doubt it.  The only potential saving grace would be that all 23 (24 if you include China) tracks would be available now so they could reintroduce Championships mode and have the full licensed season (or the pre-covid change version of it) and they may import the mode.   I think that's a long shot but it's a glimmer of hope. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to have championship mode back as then you can do an f2 season alongside the f1 season now you can only do one or the other and hopefully changes have been made to make f2 better but I think it will be exactly the same but with the 2021 cars