Jump to content Jump to content

Wastegate Actuator supplier upgrade never arriving

Hello,

I have been searching for an answer for this for a while but I couldn't find anything conclusive.

I am in the Season 5 of My Team Career mode and I have noticed that this final supplier upgrade never arrives. It hasn't arrived in S4 when it was supposed to arrive, nor in Season 3, and my Power Unit upgrades are sitting at 22/23. Any ideas? Is this a bug?

Is there something I ought to know? I would really appreciate a hint. Cheers!

Game version: Steam.

u2mu7u1gy1u71.png

Edited by Krieger2690
  • Krieger2690 changed the title to Wastegate Actuator supplier upgrade never arriving
9 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

I'll ask the stupid question.....did you have regulations in season 3 and 4?

From Season 3 to 4, I had no regulations. This upgrade hasn't arrived in S4. 

Now I am in S5, and from S4 to S5 I had regulations, but nothing related to the power unit, just Aero and Durability TRs.

Its a bug then. Ive seen it long ago and if I remember right I just worked around it but I only do 5 lap 10 race series for 10 seasons.

If you can clear your cache it might help but your probably past August so you wouldnt even know if it worked till August season 6. When I started career or My Team over it didnt happen again.

Wish I had better news. 

9 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

Its a bug then. Ive seen it long ago and if I remember right I just worked around it but I only do 5 lap 10 race series for 10 seasons.

If you can clear your cache it might help but your probably past August so you wouldnt even know if it worked till August season 6. When I started career or My Team over it didnt happen again.

Wish I had better news. 

Thank you for the reply.

I checked the intergrity of the game files (that is the only cache I know of, so if there is any other, please correct me). 

To your question, the answer is "no", I am not yet past August in my current season, I am barely in.. I think May, just before round 6/22 (Baku).

This problem is very interesting because I haven't seen anyone else having it, and I have been paying attention to advanced playthroughs on Youtube, and they don't seem to be stuck at 22/23 on the PU side (in season 3 or 4 like I did).

The same problem could have happened to me in Season 1 or 2 even, but I was focusing on other things and I didn't really notice.

Not entirely sure if it's by design or not, but I guess you could think of it as "your current engine had already reached its peak potential", so in order to get anything beyond that point, is to hope for a new engine regulation change and your engine supplier manage to get the right PU design philosophy this time around. 

This happened to me and other teams with the same PU in 2020 as well, I personally doubt it's a bug. 

Edited by DRTApophis
7 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Not entirely sure if it's by design or not, but I guess you could think of it as "your current engine had already reached its peak potential", so in order to get anything beyond that point, is to hope for a new engine regulation change and your engine supplier manage to get the right PU design philosophy this time around. 

This happened to me and other teams with the same PU in 2020 as well, I personally doubt it's a bug. 

It would make sense to me. It is indeed the fact that my engine already has all other upgrades, but it would be nice to know whether this is indeed intended or a bug after all. 

I was thinking that, if it was intended, there would have been an in game explanation or hint. I hope i can summon @PJTierney, surely he must know something about this.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Krieger2690 said:

Changing engine suplier might be a good idea to be honest, see what happens next season. 

Try giving a shot. I always used to go with merc. But last season ferrari were the best engine so i changed for the first time ever. From what i remember the upgrades are slightly different aswell.

• Agree 1