Jump to content Jump to content

An ACTUAL soundtrack


Recommended Posts

It used to have a half-decent one in the early 2010's.  I remember My Chemical Romance had a song on F1 2011 (I think) and I could never get it out of my head. If my velocity starts to make you sweat... 🎤🎼

So it's been done before by Codemasters but it disappeared at some point around that time.  EA games do generally have background soundtracks so it's possible that'll help with the licensing to use them throughout the game but it might hinder content creators (not that i'm bothered) as they'll have to edit it out of videos and reviews and all that, i'd presume. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

My dream soundtrack would include Diary of Jane-Breaking Benjamin, This is how I Disappear-My Chemical Romance, Crush-Pendulum, and some more 

Ah, i'd be all over this.  Late 00's music may be a little outside their preferred time-range but some absolute bangers would be possible.

It can make a game memorable. For example, there was a game called Driven to Destruction and I still remember it now simply because it had Hoobastank - Same Direction on it.  That's like 15 years since I played that so music can make a game stand the test of time.

Would be interesting to know what kinda music people would be interested in having but I imagine there'll be wide variety of genres. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Ah, i'd be all over this.  Late 00's music may be a little outside their preferred time-range but some absolute bangers would be possible.

It can make a game memorable. For example, there was a game called Driven to Destruction and I still remember it now simply because it had Hoobastank - Same Direction on it.  That's like 15 years since I played that so music can make a game stand the test of time.

Would be interesting to know what kinda music people would be interested in having but I imagine there'll be wide variety of genres. 

That’s one of the reasons I still love NASCAR Thunder 2004, because of the soundtrack. Some of the songs it had were perfect songs for racing, I name a couple right here:

  • I Hate Everything About You- Three Days Grace
  • Creatures(For a While)- 311
  • Nothing Sacred- Memento
  • Action- Powerman 5000

That’s just to name a few 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to have my own place playlist playing... which I tend to have playing at 11.  At I’m a old metal head... Metallica and megadeth.  And the like. Still trying to work out if the aggressive music has a adverse effect on my driving or it’s the fact I can’t hear my car that’s the problem 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

I tend to have my own place playlist playing... which I tend to have playing at 11.  At I’m a old metal head... Metallica and megadeth.  And the like. Still trying to work out if the aggressive music has a adverse effect on my driving or it’s the fact I can’t hear my car that’s the problem 

Lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

I would love to see an actual soundtrack in an F1 game

Not related to your OP but check out the Forza Horizon games if you aren't aware of them (I'm sure you are - I mean who isn't in this day and age). The soundtracks in those games are awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Not related to your OP but check out the Forza Horizon games if you aren't aware of them (I'm sure you are - I mean who isn't in this day and age). The soundtracks in those games are awesome.

Can you give me the soundtrack please so I can see?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Can you give me the soundtrack please so I can see?

It's a bit tricky as in the Horizon games there are 5 (or 6) different radio stations that play different types of music. What type of music are you interested in and I can try and find said radio station that meets your taste? For me, Horizon Bass Arena or Hospital Records would be the stations for me as I love my House and Drum and Bass music. 

 

If you prefer, I can try and find the full track listing/radio station for each game but may take a while.

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 12:41 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

Rock songs

Horizon 1 - Horizon Rocks Radio (YouTube playlist here):

 

Horizon 2 - Horizon XS Radio (YouTube playlist here):

 

Horizon 3 - Vagrant Records Radio (YouTube playlist here):

 

Horizon 4 - Horizon XS Radio (YouTube playlist here):

 

Horizon 5 - Horizon XS Radio (Youtube Playlist here).

 

I can't remember which game it was, but I'm pretty sure one of the Horizons allowed you to import music from your Xbox and use that as a radio station in the game.

 

Enjoy. 

Edited by Sonic6L
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Thank you 

I'll update my post accordingly once Horizon 5 has been released/the tracklist is up/a playlist is made. November 5th is the release date. 

 

I'd highly recommend you play the games if you haven't already and the associated expansion packs. DLC car packs are subjective to taste but the majority of DLC car packs are worth it. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

I'll update my post accordingly once Horizon 5 has been released/the tracklist is up/a playlist is made. November 5th is the release date. 

 

I'd highly recommend you play the games if you haven't already and the associated expansion packs. DLC car packs are subjective to taste but the majority of DLC car packs are worth it. 

I might put Horizon 5 on my Christmas list since I would normally put the F1 and NASCAR games for that year on it but I’ve already got F1 2021 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 9:41 PM, GoSuarez99 said:

I might put Horizon 5 on my Christmas list since I would normally put the F1 and NASCAR games for that year on it but I’ve already got F1 2021 

Not sure what console you play on, but Horizon 5 is Xbox/PC Exclusive. 

I think it releases on 05/11 but I was looking on Amazon and they say 09/11. I'm assuming there's the usual 4 day early access only if you buy the Ultimate Edition but I think that's digital purchase only. Not great for me as I like to have physical copies of my games. 

The cost efficient way (and the way I do it) is to buy the standard edition, then wait for the Season pass/Car pass/VIP pass to go on sale. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sonic6L said:

Not sure what console you play on, but Horizon 5 is Xbox/PC Exclusive. 

I think it releases on 05/11 but I was looking on Amazon and they say 09/11. I'm assuming there's the usual 4 day early access only if you buy the Ultimate Edition but I think that's digital purchase only. Not great for me as I like to have physical copies of my games. 

The cost efficient way (and the way I do it) is to buy the standard edition, then wait for the Season pass/Car pass/VIP pass to go on sale. 

Don’t worry, I have an Xbox One 😉

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoSuarez99 said:

Don’t worry, I have an Xbox One 😉

Hopefully you don't get any performance issues on that console! I've got a One X and Series X. My nephews now my One. Don't quote me on this, but I think the game is around 100GB. 

Edited by Sonic6L
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

Interesting, thanks for the feedback @GoSuarez99.

We always look at different music options every year. One point though is it can be very difficult to please everybody with licensed music as everybody likes different genres. Our bespoke OST normally goes down pretty well historically and is created specifically for each sub-menu or sections of the game. I'd be interested to build a good picture of what music F1 fans gravitate towards but I doubt we could ever find an overwhelming consensus.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, issueskid said:

Interesting, thanks for the feedback @GoSuarez99.

We always look at different music options every year. One point though is it can be very difficult to please everybody with licensed music as everybody likes different genres. Our bespoke OST normally goes down pretty well historically and is created specifically for each sub-menu or sections of the game. I'd be interested to build a good picture of what music F1 fans gravitate towards but I doubt we could ever find an overwhelming consensus.

Your welcome and I know how hard it can be to please everyone but I believe that if you guys put your minds to it you can get as close as possible 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, issueskid said:

Interesting, thanks for the feedback @GoSuarez99.

We always look at different music options every year. One point though is it can be very difficult to please everybody with licensed music as everybody likes different genres. Our bespoke OST normally goes down pretty well historically and is created specifically for each sub-menu or sections of the game. I'd be interested to build a good picture of what music F1 fans gravitate towards but I doubt we could ever find an overwhelming consensus.

Everything hard and heavy🤘And that’s coming from an old man

Edited by ScaredDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, issueskid said:

Interesting, thanks for the feedback @GoSuarez99.

We always look at different music options every year. One point though is it can be very difficult to please everybody with licensed music as everybody likes different genres. Our bespoke OST normally goes down pretty well historically and is created specifically for each sub-menu or sections of the game. I'd be interested to build a good picture of what music F1 fans gravitate towards but I doubt we could ever find an overwhelming consensus.

I’m also not saying that the current soundtrack is bad(it’s honestly straight🔥) but I thought with EA coming on board that they make an actual soundtrack in the game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoSuarez99 said:

I’m also not saying that the current soundtrack is bad(it’s honestly straight🔥) but I thought with EA coming on board that they make an actual soundtrack in the game

They do like a soundtrack 

and to shoehorn my own suggestion in @issueskidhow about in race  commentary.  I know it seems weird as we are actually the driver.

But f1 championship edition on ps3 had it.  And actually worked well adding that extra layer off atmosphere.

i actually turn music all way down in game but I do it in all games 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...